5. None of them
      25.00%
    6. Other
      12.50%
Post edited by Raduziel on
mashedtaters

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

I am a cheap bastard and would pay for nothing. I don't even buy olives because they're too expensive.

If I wasn't a cheap bastard, though--Warlock!

Free is always better, but free things don't move companies, unfortunately.
    semiticgoddessDev6mashedtatersProont
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I've been wanting to play a Psion in BG since a few months ago when I played one in NWN with the PrC Pack installed. Casting (read: Manifesting) using a Power Point system struck me as being very inventive since you have some leeway in how much PP you can choose to expend per power. And decimating everything in a 60' radius of yourself with just your mind is badass. It's just too bad that the Psionics Unleashed mod doesn't work for the EEs anymore.

And for anyone wanting to play a Warlock, try out @Artemius_I 's Warlock mod.
    @Flashburn There are mods for all those classes, but a mod rarely is better than an official release.

And those mods doesn't add classes: they add kits that simulates the classes.
    Proont
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    My house is paid off now so bring 'em all on!
    RaduzielsemiticgoddessmashedtatersProont
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Sorry, no microtransaction from me. Same reason why I don't purchase any portrait DLCs.

I woudn't mind paying for Psionics if they were presented as core feature for some 20~30 hours expansion pack with an unique psionic main plot in the Dark Sun campaign setting though.
    ThacoBellProont
    @Kamigoroshi what if with the psionic come with a stronghold closing the Hidden plot (for Jansen's quest) or about the illithid hive on Athkatla?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Still no. Again, I have absolutely no interest in micro-DLC's.
    ThacoBell

Still no. Again, I have absolutely no interest in micro-DLC's.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    If I had any description of these classes, it would be nice. Would be helpful to, you know, evaluate whether I would like to buy the dlc or not.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    O_Bruce said:

If I had any description of these classes, it would be nice. Would be helpful to, you know, evaluate whether I would like to buy the dlc or not.

I'm not the most informed on the issue, but I can give a brief synopsis.

The Warlock makes a pact with a demonic or fey entity for new powers. A warlock can cast all their spells whenever they want as many times as they want, but they only have a very small pool of spells.

A psionicist trains their mind for mental powers. Like telepathy and telekinesis and such. Don't know too much about the gameplay involved in that.

A favored soul, is like a cleric but with spontaneous spellcasting.
    Proont
    Based on @O_Bruce 's feedback the first post now contains a link to the classes' description.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Other - I want a halfling chucker class, a cross between dwarven defender and elven archer, with boost for darts and slings!
    Elrandir
    Based on the @Chronicler reply and links added to the first post by @Raduziel I'll say that all of these classes could be interesting. I think when speaking about buying them as DLC or not, it is not matter of my liking towards the concepts, but rather.... There are mods that offer additional kits already. So, in order for DLC to be worth buying, it would need offer more than classes and kits, or at the very least be implemented in a way it is impossible for modders.
    edited May 2018
    @O_Bruce Those are not kits, but classes. And there are no mods (at least that I'm aware off) that add classes to the game.

What we currently have, and I stated before, are mods with kits that simulates classes, like @subtledoctor 's Will to Power, @Artemius_I 's / @Arunsun 's Warlocks and @Aquadrizzt 's Favored Soul.

But even the best modder can't make a kit behave entirely as a class. We have game dialogues, stronghold quests, UI requirements, lack of compatibility with other mods, and several other issues.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    O_BruceProont
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    We've already got the sorcerer, so a cleric version of that would be interesting - I finished a shaman run not long ago, and the idea of divine spontaneous casters is interesting to me, in large part because the spell choices seem like they'd be less agonizing. And we've already got psionics in the game courtesy of Gith and mind flayers, so the Psion already has a model of sorts. Warlock I've never cared much about, but sure, why not.
    RaduzielProont
    Raduziel said:

But even the best modder can't make a kit behave entirely as a class. We have game dialogues, stronghold quests, UI requirements, lack of compatibility with other mods, and several other issues.

Yeah, I meant things like this.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I would pay for true psionics, points system and all, integrated into the UI rather than painful dialogue boxes or the like. Once it's done i'd volunteer my time to add a few psionic enemies to mage fights.

What i'd really pay for, like SOD Collector's Edition level money for, is new IE artwork. Seriously, who did the SOD art and where can we find them to throw money at them for more?
    MateoFrozenRaduzielProont
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Eldritch Knight.

Yes, *that* one.
    Ygramul said:

Eldritch Knight.

Yes, *that* one.

AFAIK they're a prestige class, not a baseclass. Am I wrong?

Being a prestige class they can be easily converted into a kit.

Unlike the aforementioned options, they don't need massive UI changes or mess with hardcoded things.

Save your money on this one :smiley:
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    I kind of prefer NWN2 classes in NWN2.
    Raduziel
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Personally I would go with the Favored Soul, just bc, I am a former Seminary Student/teacher assistant, and I am drawn to the religious figures in the DnD world, like Pallies, Blackguards, Clerics, ect.
    Raduziel[Deleted User]
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Speaking as someone who played 3E and 3.5E, not 2E outside of the BG/IWD games, I never liked Psion, but I LOVED the Wilder, but I'm not sure that existed in 2E.

The Wilder was basically a psionic Wild Sorcerer, using psionic surges to give "free" level/power bonuses to their psionic powers, at a risk of screwing it up and stunning themselves helpless, with a bigger free boost having a higher risk of backfire and stun. They couldn't know as many powers as a Psion, either, hence why I say Wild Sorcerer, not Wild Mage.

There were some lesser class abilities with it like a secondary ability that gave some sort of temporary bonus (to AC? Dex?) for a short time after using their wild surge.

I abused the hell out of it, as the perfect "magical" elemental artillery since Psionics got to pick the element of their psionic attack at will.
    TorgrimmerProont
    The Psionic is one of my favorite classes from 2Ed. I would pay a full-game-price just to have it properly implemented on BG/IWDEE.
    SkaroseProont
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Wait, is that all the DLC would contain? Not interested! Now, add in some new maps, and quests...
    RaduzielThacoBellMateoFrozen
    DrakeICN said:

Wait, is that all the DLC would contain? Not interested! Now, add in some new maps, and quests...

My idea is:

* Those three new classes

* At least one new NPC from one of these classes with a personal quest

* Proper quest-strongholds for these classes and for Sorcerers and Shamans

* New items related to these three classes

* Maybe some new maps for those strongholds and the NPC's class
    TorgrimmerProont
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391

Speaking as someone who played 3E and 3.5E, not 2E outside of the BG/IWD games, I never liked Psion, but I LOVED the Wilder, but I'm not sure that existed in 2E.

The Wilder was basically a psionic Wild Sorcerer, using psionic surges to give "free" level/power bonuses to their psionic powers, at a risk of screwing it up and stunning themselves helpless, with a bigger free boost having a higher risk of backfire and stun. They couldn't know as many powers as a Psion, either, hence why I say Wild Sorcerer, not Wild Mage.

There were some lesser class abilities with it like a secondary ability that gave some sort of temporary bonus (to AC? Dex?) for a short time after using their wild surge.

I abused the hell out of it, as the perfect "magical" elemental artillery since Psionics got to pick the element of their psionic attack at will.

Wilder sounds like it would be more interesting in Pen and Paper than in Baldur's Gate though.

In Pen and Paper you have to run with your failures, but in Baldur's Gate you can just cast every spell at max power and reload if there's any problems.
    GreenWarlock
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    I am interested in BG/ID series maintaining 2nd edition. The more 2nd edition rules kits and classes I can get, the happier I am.
    Raduziel
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    edited June 2018
    Psion is my favorite, but no room for him in Baldurs Gate. You’d have to hange the whole game and add so much dialogue, since they can move objects and read minds! That and teleporting are the main Psion traits. In BG you could do mind thrusts like mindfliers and all sorts of domination powers, but not much more.

Although the kinetic barrier, still legal in 2ed, would be cool.

Psionics are the best, and can own any pen and paper game if you know how to use them
    RaduzielProont
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm interested in having to buy classes as DLC, but I would LOVE to be able to play as the 1st ed Bard. I don't care that its stupid overpowered, its fun!
    GreenWarlock