Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @bob_veng Thats cute. "My opinon is totally reasoned and legitimate. But yours totally isn't, for REASONS. Not gonna give any because I just don't need any from my highhorse up here. Oh but don't get offended, I'm only insulting you."

Cut the crap.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Okay wow, I'm pulling out. I'm getting anywhere with people who seem to think their opinion is right simply because it is, and I'm coming dangerously close to breaking the rules.

ThacoBell, out.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    ThacoBell said:

@Adul I can't. The website doesn't work for me. I can't log into my account (that I had to have a mod make for me) and I can't make a new account, as my only email address is logged.

I'm sure a mod will help you out (create a ticket for you, if nothing else works), if you contact one and explain your situation to them.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    ThacoBell said:

@bob_veng Thats cute. "My opinon is totally reasoned and legitimate. But yours totally isn't, for REASONS. Not gonna give any because I just don't need any from my highhorse up here. Oh but don't get offended, I'm only insulting you."

Cut the crap.

you're lying.
  • wmllwmll Member Posts: 5
    Guys, this is a GAME. Chill.

I haven't added to comments because I recognize the superior degree to which the major participants have analyzed the game but I learn a lot from the discussions. This, however, is getting hard to read.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Anyone else experimenting very long saving?

Before 2.5 final release, playing IWDEE, I was able to quicksave/autosave/save in 2 second tops. Now it takes almost 10 and the game freezes as it was about to crash.
    edited May 2018
    Raduziel said:

Anyone else experimenting very long saving?

Before 2.5 final release, playing IWDEE, I was able to quicksave/autosave/save in 2 second tops. Now it takes almost 10 and the game freezes as it was about to crash.

I haven't noticed it in the BG(2):EE betas. Saving takes a lot longer now than it did in the initial versions of BG:EE (I think up to v1.2 or so), but that's no news. I haven't noticed much of a difference between 2.3 and 2.5.
    I didn't have this issue during the 2.5 Beta. Yesterday, testing a mod in IWDEE 2.5 final release, I noticed this long saving time.
    What's the exact version number of the current IWD:EE release?
    Adul said:

What's the exact version number of the current IWD:EE release?

The BG2:EE beta is currently on 2.5.16.4. Maybe it's been fixed there, but I suppose there's no way to know without confirmation.
    Did a test with a full party on IWDEE.

48 seconds to complete the saving process.
  • ClubbothClubboth Member Posts: 60
    I have had this issue with all IE-games after the latest Windows 10 update. If You could sacrifice the OpenGL-driver, than Gusinda gives in the Troubleshooting-section a how to do, to get the old saving-times back.
    Thanks!

The quick-save is fixed, but now the game is running slower. Someone on that thread is having the exact same problem.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I have Windows 7, the game didn't show any issue at all, till now (i'm after severed hand)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    The issue of long saving times is being investigated internally. Thanks!

The issue of long saving times is being investigated internally. Thanks!

• Minsc2017Minsc2017 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2018
    Armor selling bug in v2.5 BG2EE (completely unmodded game):

Trying to sell more than 1 copy of any armor from a bag of holding is bugged. (Tested with various plate, leather, chain, etc.) Does not seem to happen with any other item category.

1. If you have (e.g.) 3 copies of Delver's Plate and 3 copies of leather amor in your bag of holding, the selling price shows correctly.

2. If you SINGLE CLICK armor once (without bringing up Choose Amount) to select 1 copy, price shows correctly and it is sold correctly.

3. If you double click to bring up the Choose Amount dialog, selecting any amount (even 1) results in no item selected and a price of zero. So it's not just failing to select the item, but zeroing out the price. (screenshot shown here in UI Edit mode for no particular reason)

4. What is looks like after exiting Choose Amount. You can return to #1 (above) by deselecting the armor.

So you can only sell armor one at a time (# 2 above) which mainly sucks because of price deprecation.

I'm able to "fix" the problem by making a given armor .ITM stackable > 1. That leads to other oddities, though, like seeing a subscript on every armor icon, actually being able to stack copies of armor on your character, etc.

Thanks
    edited May 2018
    @Adul, thanks, and I recognize your UI modding work which I use and appreciate.

I'm sort of committed to my 2.5 install now for a few reasons, and who knows when they'll release the next build.

I know a little about UI modding, scripting, etc. Do you think there's a workaround I could do myself? What's odd is since I posted I also discovered it affects shields but not, weirdly, pearl necklaces like in your example. (I consoled in Joluv and multiple AMUL11, no problem selling for the correct price).

Like I mentioned in my post, the only 'fix' I've found is a little script that changes every armor (and I guess now shield) stackability to something > 1, but my OCD hates seeing those icon subscripts when I'm actually wearing the armor, etc.

I don't think I'd want to do this, but is there a way to prevent an item type from stacking in a bag of holding. Even in 2.3, I've noticed an odd behavior where if I have e.g. 13 plate mails, sometimes they'll all stack, other times there will be 6 in one stack, 2 in another, etc.
    @Minsc2017 I haven't been able to figure out what items the bug involves specifically, or why. I haven't looked at UI.MENU in the beta yet, so this is just a guess, but I'd say the issue probably happens at a lower level than that, as some weird factors like item type seem to figure into it.

I haven't even looked at my own UI mods with the beta yet, but I'm planning to check and update them after the stable release. Hopefully by then issues like this will be fixed.
    edited June 2018
    @Adul I looked at it a bit more and am almost certain you're right - not a UI issue.

Eh, not a huge deal. I made the offending items stackable so I can still greedily sell 20 plate mails.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Minsc2017 said:

@Adul I looked at it a bit more and am almost certain you're right - not a UI issue.

It affects items without any ability headers.
    Minsc2017 said:

I don't think I'd want to do this, but is there a way to prevent an item type from stacking in a bag of holding. Even in 2.3, I've noticed an odd behavior where if I have e.g. 13 plate mails, sometimes they'll all stack, other times there will be 6 in one stack, 2 in another, etc.

There are two reason the same item won't stack in a bag of holding:
    - they have different charge counts
    - they have different inventory flags (identified, stolen, not-stealable, undroppable)
    edited June 2018
    kjeron said:

It affects items without any ability headers.

@kjeron Thanks, I just tested a single item (added an empty header to LEAT01.itm) and that did the trick. What's strange is Adul used AMUL11.itm in his bug report, but I don't have the problem with it (or any amulet item types so far) even though AMUL11 doesn't have an ability header either.

I guess the issue occurs where no ability header, but only with certain item types.
    kjeron said:

There are two reason the same item won't stack in a bag of holding:
    - they have different charge counts
    - they have different inventory flags (identified, stolen, not-stealable, undroppable)

I'll have to look at the specifics the next time I run into this. I'm pretty sure I've seen it with some item where they're all identified and not stolen from a store, but one is them is probably hardcoded with a 'stolen' flag for some reason, etc.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Minsc2017 said:

I guess the issue occurs where no ability header, but only with certain item types.

The other condition is what you already posted: >1 stack size.
    It's a combination of zero ability headers and a (zero or one) maximum stack size.
    Minsc2017 said:

I'll have to look at the specifics the next time I run into this. I'm pretty sure I've seen it with some item where they're all identified and not stolen from a store, but one is them is probably hardcoded with a 'stolen' flag for some reason, etc.

It is likely the "Not-Stealable" flag. There are several NPC's with "Not-stealable" items, equipped in slots that prevent stealing anyway, so you would never notice until you picked up their loot and put it into a bag.
    I suspect it was necessary in some previous version of the game.
    This ticket deals with the same issue: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/37357
    It is indeed the not-stealable flag causing it.

At first glance, I think the best fix would be if bags removed any not-stealable flags from items that are placed inside. I'm pretty sure that's how it worked pre-2.0, as the multiple stacks bug was not a thing back then, as far as I can remember.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Multiple stacks is definitely an issue in BG2EE 1.3 in the Mac App Store, so is far from a new concern.
    Ah, ok. My bad then.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    It's being worked on.