Skip to content

[obsolete] Big World Setup (BWS): Mod Manager for Baldur's Gate / Enhanced Edition (Trilogy)

Comments

• joshuar9476joshuar9476 Member Posts: 55
    So it seems as if we now need to register to bitbucket in order to download the mod. And once I did register, it told me "You do not have access to this repository."
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @joshuar9476 The current BWS is at GitHub and you definitely do not need to regsiter an account there to download the tool.
    Links are in the first post of this thread.
    jastey said:

@joshuar9476 The current BWS is at GitHub and you definitely do not need to regsiter an account there to download the tool.

Right, it's the same download link I've used many times before, but now the download link takes me to bitbucket.
    Which download link are you referring to?
    jastey said:

Which download link are you referring to?

The big download button under prerequisites on page 1
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526

jastey said:

Right, it's the same download link I've used many times before, but now the download link takes me to bitbucket.
    No it does not. Link in the first post takes you directly to github https://github.com/BigWorldSetup/BigWorldSetup where when you click "Clone or Download" you begin your download. Just checked.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    There is a "Download" graphic in the second post of the thread that links to bitbucket.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/683339/#Comment_683339

I don't know who owns the @BigWorldSetup account ( @ALIEN ?), but that link should be changed. (If no one owns the @BigWorldSetup account, maybe @JuliusBorisov or a moderator can change the link?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited June 2018
    Mirandel said:

jastey said:

No it does not. Link in the first post takes you directly to github https://github.com/BigWorldSetup/BigWorldSetup where when you click "Clone or Download" you begin your download. Just checked.
    @joshuar9476 @Mirandel @AstroBryGuy This one particular link was omitted, fixed.
    Thank you everyone. I appreciate the help.
    Thank you for pointing that out!
  • mogorothmogoroth Member Posts: 3
    I just can't understand although, I 've read most of the posts. When I am trying to use the BG2/EET setup and when the files downloading is finished, during the installation process, it gets interrupted and I keep getting a message saying "I should start the BGEE and select language and make a save. But I have done this before I even start downloading ...May be some one of you guys can guide me with any solution fitting my situation? Thank you in advance for any advise!
  • hackinslashhackinslash Member Posts: 46
    It could be that the version of the game you are using might not be the latest or are you on a beta build?
    Could it be that I don't have the dragonspear dlc key?
    Well....seems that I just needed to have the latest versions of both EE games. Now all is proceeding flawlessly!!
  • IncasIncas Member Posts: 38
    Is there a reason several components from SCS are missing? I wanted to install the fine weapons instead of +1 component.
    @Incas There are inside "Rules and Tweaks" category.
    edited June 2018
    ALIEN said:

Not here. I can see the option when I select manage components. But that is only working (i.e. selectable) after I installed everything and as far as I understand I can't just change around components after install.

Edit: Pic attached
  • Fulsom2121Fulsom2121 Member Posts: 25
    Incas said:

ALIEN said:

Not here. I can see the option when I select manage components. But that is only working (i.e. selectable) after I installed everything and as far as I understand I can't just change around components after install.

Component 3020 wouldn't be displayed if it's not compatible with your game like when you try to use it on EET or BG2EE. Check for that.

Incas said:

ALIEN said:

Component 3020 wouldn't be displayed if it's not compatible with your game like when you try to use it on EET or BG2EE. Check for that.
    I used to install it in BG2. It's not compatible with BG2EE/EET?
    edited June 2018
    @Incas By looking at SCS code, indeed this component is only for BG2. Sorry for confusion.
    edited June 2018
    ALIEN said:

@Incas By looking at SCS code, indeed this component is only for BG2. Sorry for confusion.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had the false belief it was completely ported to EE.
  • FiddlerFiddler Member Posts: 30
    Hey, I was using isandirs-portrait-pack and I got a bug with Adalon (Silver Dragon), and he would freeze up because my Drow portraits would not change back. Well I went into EEKeeper and removed the 'Effects' that were set to use the Drow Portraits. What I did was remove them for all NPS's and set their portraits back to the new portaits, like NAERIEL, for example. It worked, but now my game is bugged. I can't leave any map, because if I try the game crashes.

This is a BG1->SoD->BG2 runthrough, so I'm pretty bummed about it. For some reason, it affected all my saves. I can't go back to an early save before Chapter 6, as it will still crash if I leave a map.

Very weird, I don't understand why no going to an earlier save wouldn't work.

Oh well, I'm stuck. I can't continue on with the game. So, I was wondering if I can reinstall BWS, and hopefully this will fix the issue? For some reason, there are no discussions on how to go about reinstalling BWS. Probably for a good reason, though.

Anyway, is it possible, and how? I'm trying to save a game I've been running for about 6 months. Any help would be appreciated!
    Well it looks like I might be in trouble. If anyone has an idea for me I would be in your debt. Thanks!
    Nevermind, I figured it out, Whew! Thank Helm I was able to get my game back!
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    Fiddler said:

Nevermind, I figured it out, Whew! Thank Helm I was able to get my game back!

Glad that you sorted it. :)
    Thanks!
  • MyrrMyrr Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2018
    Having some issues with a tactical BWS install.
    All Fresh Copies. everything worked right except this.
    i did have to manually add the ub1master.zip which im assuming is due to updates on thats specific mod.

any one have a tip to make this work?

(edit) i have a Spin920.spl and a SPIN920b.spl

C:\BeamdogLibrary\00783>Total XP CAP -> Disabled (EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks) was installed successfully.
    XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking -> BG1 values (default) (EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks) was installed successfully.
    XP for killing creatures -> Decrease to 50% (EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks) was installed successfully.

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 1380995155 of 538-byte file SPIN920.SPL
    ERROR: [SPIN920.SPL] -> [override/SPIN920.SPL] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPIN920.SPL: read out of bounds"))
    ERROR: Failure("SPIN920.SPL: read out of bounds")
    XP for quests -> Decrease to 50% (EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks) was not installed due to errors.
  • MyrrMyrr Member Posts: 9
    I ran Near infinity and SPIN920.spl gets "null" errors everytime. so i removed Spin920.spl and renamed Spin920b.spl to SPIN920.spl.

this seems to have worked.
    im unsure if this will cause issues down the road. as im unaware of what .SPL files do in Infinity engine.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    edited June 2018
    SPIN920.spl is minor spell turning. No I don't know everything. The great archcleric Google however, whilst not being omniscient, gets pretty close.
  • far7070far7070 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    I've encountered an error during the installation... i guess the main problem is the latest version Spell Revision