Skip to content

Enable Dual-classing into Kits (now with Proficiency Fix)

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2018
    I did add Myrkul to BG2EE. All classes are doing this starting a new game in SoA.

I do not see the issue in BGEE.

EDIT: If I dual-class an existing game, it works as described. I just can't start a new game.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Necromanx2 A long shot: have you installed Myrkul after @kjeron 's mod?

Because his instruction is to install it after all mods that adds kits. So the correct order is Kits Mod -> Dual-Into-Kits.
    edited June 2018
    No. I did DoF (including Myrkul), then FnP and final dual-class.

It is acting like it sees creating a new character as if you are dualing to a kit and thus blanks the first kits proficiencies, which makes me see none.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited June 2018
    @Raduziel It's nothing to do with DnF - the UI has a limit on the number of variables it will store, and the mod was going over that limit due to too many kits, so I am working to improve some of the mod's UI code.
    Raduziel
    edited June 2018
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    edited June 2018
    New version(v.18) - bug fixes / code improvements only.
    Edit - (v.18a) - fixed CHARGEN proficiency selection for un-kitted classes.
    Post edited by kjeron on
    Grammarsalad
    @kjeron, now when I level up after character creation, I get the wrong list of proficiencies for a single class kit. It is fine at character creation.
    Okay, should be fixed (v.19)
    edited June 2018
    Level ups work now.

Thanks!!
    @kjeron I just tried to dual-class a thief over to a Shadow Adept. My stats were St- 11, Dx- 15, Cn- 12, In-18, Ws- 17, Ch- 17. The only dual-class options shown were Cleric and Mage. No kits showed at all.
    @Necromanx2 It should be fixed now(v.19a).
    It's nothing stat-related, it was trying to match "thief" with "Thief", but I don't know why, that's not something I've changed recently.
    @kjeron my thief still sees no kits when dual classing even with v.19a in BG2EE v2.3.
    @Necromanx2 Sorry, please try again(v.19b).
    It was stat-related - all stats were checking against strength. At least I know when I screwed that up.
    It works now and I see kits. However, if I take the Shadow Adept, I still don't get bonus spell slot per level.
    @Necromanx2 That previous looping error got back in while I was doing everything else. Should be fixed now (v.20).
    Works! Thank you!
  • SharkHunter47SharkHunter47 Member Posts: 3
    Could you please make one only need to be dragged into game folder? Mac system just can't open EXE.
    @SharkHunter47 Sorry, no, that would not be remotely practical. I know there is a way for Mac users to run weidu mods, but I don't know anything about it myself.
    Tagging @subtledoctor for this one.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2018
    @SharkHunter47

Try the attached file. I've bundled the macOS version of weidu and a script to run it. Put the contents of the zip file in your game directory and double-click the "setup-DUAL_TO_KIT.command" file to install.
    RaduzielGrammarsaladSharkHunter47RAM021

@SharkHunter47

Try the attached file. I've bundled the macOS version of weidu and a script to run it. Put the contents of the zip file in your game directory and double-click the "setup-DUAL_TO_KIT.command" file to install.

Deeply appreciate
    I figured out how to dual to kit from kit. Although it doesn't show my original kit, my bonus power and spells learnt from that kit may still be kept.
    RaduzielRAM021

I figured out how to dual to kit from kit. Although it doesn't show my original kit, my bonus power and spells learnt from that kit may still be kept.

Changing your kit manually does not remove effects/abilities applied by the kit (you could just as easily give/apply those abilities to the character without the kit), but you are no longer the previous kit - any hardcoded or internal reference will treat you only as the new kit.
    RaduzielRAM021
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

kjeron said:

* Mods that add a Multi-class kit and Single-class kit under the same name may see them using each others proficiency options. At the moment there is no way for me to get around this on my end, other than suggesting the Multi-class Kits be renamed to be unique.

Q: what do you mean here by "name?" For instance, Faiths & Powers adds two single-class kits called "Hand of Torm" - they both share the same strrefs in columns 3, 4, and 5 of CLASTEXT.2da, for example. But the internal name - the one that appears in WEAPPROF.2da and in column 1 of KITLIST.2da - are different: "B_CLERIC_TORM" vs. "B_FC_TORM."

Is that sufficient for this mod to tell them apart? Or do they need to use different strings for the player-facing name (the LOWER/MIXED strref)?
    I think I can spare kjeron from answering this one.

DoF does the same for all kits and works perfectly.

The Watcher of Helm have this same name for both the Cleric and the Fighter/Cleric, the internal name is the only difference (RAHELM x RAFCHELM).
    edited August 2018

Is that sufficient for this mod to tell them apart? Or do they need to use different strings for the player-facing name (the LOWER/MIXED strref)?

The LOWER/MIXED strref's are the only ones exposed to the UI. The internal kitname is not available.
    If the single and multi-class kit share the same LOWER/MIXED strref, it won't be able to tell them apart.
    It can cause issue if they offer different proficiency options.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    It's the MIXED string, I believe the LOWER is reserved for Dialog. It does however have access to the DESC string - it wasn't viable for Dual-Classes, but it would be perfect for distinguishing Multiclass kits (especially if they list out their proficiency, then they will have to be different). The mod already reads/stores the DESC string, I'll just have to adjust it to check it when it detects a multiclass.
    Update(v.21) - It will now check kit descriptions whenever it detects a multiclass kit in an attempt to distinguish identically named kits.
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    @kjeron

Is this compatible with 2.5?