Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Comments

• GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    @lefreut I found a possible bug in the most recent version of Lefreut's enhanced UI

I installed all components and when I hover my cursor over the "show highlight button" on the right hand side the following string appears "She did. She gave it to me, in fact...I have the deed here." (see picture)

I'm running v2.5.16.6 update on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch Late 2013) with macOS High Sierra v10.13.6 Beta (17G62a)

Seems like this has already been identified a few pages back, my apologizes for the double post!
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    edited July 2018
    @lefreut

I am with BGEE2.3.67.3B/SoD/modmerge.

Let's try to explain clearly this annoying "bug" i have : each time a new message/feedback is displayed in the feedback/message box located at he Bottom of the screen, all the already displayed message are "scrolling over".

ATM this is not happening with the vanilla game; but i have the problem with the main component of Lefreut's enhanced UI 3.4

Post edited by Mordekaie on
    lefreut
  • John_DoeJohn_Doe Member Posts: 9

Hey, I am having a slight issue with your mod. Specifically, the SoD version. I am playing on EET and yet I am given only the options to start a game in either SoA or ToB. I can't seem to figure out how to change it so I have the option to start from any game. I'd appreciate any help you can offer!

If I understand the problem correctly, see my post earlier in this thread here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/970603#Comment_970603

lefreut
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    John_Doe said:

Hey, I am having a slight issue with your mod. Specifically, the SoD version. I am playing on EET and yet I am given only the options to start a game in either SoA or ToB. I can't seem to figure out how to change it so I have the option to start from any game. I'd appreciate any help you can offer!

If I understand the problem correctly, see my post earlier in this thread here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/970603#Comment_970603

It seems to be the same problem, yes, but I still don't understand how this setting can be missing after an EET install (unless you manually edit the baldur.lua file).

I can add another check (documents path containing 'Enhanced Edition Trilogy') to be more robust if the setting is not there.
  • John_DoeJohn_Doe Member Posts: 9
    It is easy for baldur.lua to get rewritten for a variety of reasons. It is of course not the fault of your mod in the slightest, but if you could enable a more robust check it would nip this issue in the bud. Again I have to thank you for this wonderful UI. I doubt I could even play EE without it.
    lefreut
    Mordekaie said:

@lefreut

Let's try to explain clearly this annoying "bug" i have : each time a new message/feedback is displayed in the feedback/message box located at he Bottom of the screen, all the already displayed message are "scrolling over".

ATM this is not happening with the vanilla game; but i have the problem with the main component of Lefreut's enhanced UI 3.4

@Mordekaie I'm looking to see if I can do something, but I'm unable to replicate with BG2EE 2.5 nor with BGEE 2.3. Does it always happens for you? Do you have a way to reproduce?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i was getting this very weird error when i tried using leui in the current version of bg1 ee. 2.3. it says it can't find characters and i get a whole lot of message boxes until it finally starts the game. don't have this issue with bg 2 ee but that may be due to it being 2.5 already.

i was getting this very weird error when i tried using leui in the current version of bg1 ee. 2.3. it says it can't find characters and i get a whole lot of message boxes until it finally starts the game. don't have this issue with bg 2 ee but that may be due to it being 2.5 already.

@megamike15 all versions of LeUI should work with 2.3. Do you still have the UI.menu so I can look at what's wrong with it?
    edited July 2018
    i keep getting an invalid token in menu error. like i said this is only for bg 1. 2 is fine.

one says 70 the rest say scale to clip.

edit
    ;
    i then tried it with the bgee skin and i just got an error. i also noticed in eetweaks your portrait picker is not showing up at all when using bg1ee. i never had these issues before leui used to install fine before the last update to the mod.

edit 2: scratch the thing about eetweaks now it's working must have been a broken install. leui is still broken for bgee tho but atlest i got the tweaks working as i just wanted the portrait picker and the old journal.
    Post edited by megamike15 on
    @megamike15 scaleToClip is indeed a new keyword from 2.5.

The mod installs the UI depending on the game version (it overrides UI.menu with UI_25.menu if it detects the file OHTEMPUS.2DA which should be only in 2.5). The 2.3 UI.menu does not use scaleToClip.

So unless the I mess up the check, you should not get the 2.5 UI when installing on 2.3.
    when i checked the override folder i notice there were two ui files. the normal one and one that had 2.5 on it. could that be what caused the issue?

this was after installing the mod mind you.
    @megamike15 it's normal if both are there. The game only read from UI.menu. The thing to check is if both have the same content, in that case it means that the installer incorrectly detects 2.5 and override the 2.3 file with the 2.5.

You can manually fix it by copying the UI.menu from the LeUI\copy folder.
    that fixed it now it's working. thank you.
  • NervaNerva Member Posts: 133
    Thanks!
    edited July 2018
    lefreut said:

Mordekaie said:

@lefreut

@Mordekaie I'm looking to see if I can do something, but I'm unable to replicate with BG2EE 2.5 nor with BGEE 2.3. Does it always happens for you? Do you have a way to reproduce?

@lefreut
    The problem is happening every time (even with the new 3.5 version). I can reproduce it at will. I haven't tryed yet your last update, the 3.5 version. Could it be related to my "graphic" setup ? (i had to add SetPrivateProfileString('Graphics','Backend','1') in the baldur.lua file).

In the feedback/dialog box there is a vertical bar with a cursor to move the text. Each time a new text is added to this box, the cursor (not set at the Bottom) is going down along with the text (what i call the scrolling text).

Post edited by Mordekaie on
    @Mordekaie I'm not sure I understand your problem. Maybe a few screenshots or a video can help.
    @lefreut

I've noticed some interesting behaviour of the scroll bar with your UI mod installed (see attached video)

Every time I leave the main screen for the inventory or character record screen upon returning to the main screen my scroll feed rapidly replays 10-20 items...

I've narrowed it down to your mod tested on a an install with only your mod versus a clean install of BG2EE v2.3.67.3

lefreut
    @Greener can you try this UI.menu to see if it fixes the bug?

@Mordekaie it looks like similar to your problem, can you also try it?
    Greener
    lefreut said:

Thank you, thats seems to have resolved my issue, I'll keep testing and let you know.
    lefreut
    v3.5.1 is out with the fix for the bug reported by @Greener

As usual, here are the links to get this new version:
    • here to download the BG2EE skin.
    • here to download the BG1EE skin and the corresponding topic.
    • here to download the SoD skin and the corresponding topic.
    Greener
  • Minsc2017Minsc2017 Member Posts: 34
    Hey @lefreut, normally this should be a new thread but if you don't know the answer, I suspect no one does: Can the message history be modded to retain more lines?

Let's say the default is 300 (I didn't count) lines. I use the indispensable mods that add spell notifications, expirations, etc. in the message window.

The problem is that (due to the indispensable SCS ) when you engage a mob, there's often a spellcaster hanging back somewhere who buffs up with a trigger of spell turning, immunity, etc.

By the time I get to engaging him, I often find the message window has maxed out and his buff notifications have rolled off the window.

So if I could config the window to retain some number of lines > 300 (whatever the default is), that would be great.

Thanks!
    Greener said:

lefreut said:

Thank you, thats seems to have resolved my issue, I'll keep testing and let you know.
    @lefreut
    Hi, i have been away from the forum and Baldur's Gate for quite a while and i just came to test the last version of your UI mod : Problem solved :smiley: Thank you very much for you time, work and the way you support your mod. Please accept my excuses for being so late.
    Small v3.6 update to fix a problem with SoD 2.5. Also left clicking on the portrait of a character that can level up will no longer automatically open the level up screen: this is now an optional component.

GusindaBubb
    edited August 2018
    And we are now at v3.7 \o/

This update should properly fix using back button in level up screen doubling proficiencies or thief points.

It also introduce some very minor changes.

Show message when you don't have the level to further specialize in a proficiency:

Tweak cheat console look:

Show item name when identifying item in store:

AedanGusindaPhælinRavenslight
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Hey @lefreut,

I just discovered this mod and I wanted to thank you for undoing what BD did to the UI with the 2.x series of patches. You've maintained a vanilla (as in, the originals) look while incorporating the changes from 1.3 and 2.x that make aesthetic sense, at least to me. Clearly this was a herculean effort given all the other mods tried and frankly failed to do the same.

One question though: do you plan to extend your work the 2.X branch of IWD:EE? Using the IWD (non-EE) UI panels as inspiration, similar to what you did with BG2's? The 2.X journal system, character record, and to a lesser degree the inventory are all downgrades to what was Beamdog's best EE yet, imo.

Here's hoping IWD:EE gets the lefreut treatment and the best of the vanilla/1.3 aspects can be brought back to it!
    edited August 2018
    Hello @agris,

Thanks for your kind words <3

For IWD:EE, I have made this: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/70645/mod-lefreuts-enhanced-ui-for-iwdee. I don't know if it's what you are looking for.
    agris
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    A big thankyou @lefreut, love it
    How do you access the originals of the chapter screen art in order to modify the borders? the MOS files in Nearinfinity already have borders
    Thanks
    edited September 2018
    @kungfuhobbit It depends. Some of them are from here (sometimes with a few minor changes). Some others are screenshots of the chapter transition videos. And for the rest, I had to use the art from the mos, remove the border and slightly resize them to fit the new borders.

Maybe Beamdog have all the original arts without the border.