Skip to content

A Simple XP cap remover. Now compatible with Siege of Dragonspear!

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I explain how the XP cap works in the first post.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Does this also work for BG2EE?
    @Sjerrie Nope. I believe the starting locations in the files would send you straight to some area in ToB... You'd need to edit the BG2EE files to remove the cap.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Thanks @mlnevese, I thought as much so I only copied xpcap.2da. That didn't work though so I edited xplevel.2da as well. That at least solved some issues, such as having only 1 hp and thus insta-dying in Irenicus' experiments...

Do you know if there are any other .2da's I should manually adjust?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I'm sure you need to adjust startare.2da.
    I'm sure a weidu mod could be made that handles all games, since it should just add/modify a certain 2da line.
  • Nothing_to_see_hereNothing_to_see_here Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2016
    zolop said:

hello mlnevese. Is it possible to know what level the HLA's are selectable at their level (per class) and have the XP cap go until that point? Until at least the HLA's are added by the modding community? Would it be an easy undertaking. if I had the time. to put that XP on that and be able to import the character/save games into the sequals/expansions? I really wish beamdog would put a gameplay option in for no XP cap (with HLAs).

Thank you!

Edit: is 2.95 million the highest XP amount before you get your HLA options?

I don't think there should be any problems playing on beyond 3M XP as long as you just don't click that level up button. That way you would at least keep those extra points for BG2.

Every class gains their fist HLA at whatever level they hit at 3M xp. Set the cap to 2999999 xp instead of -1 and you'll always cap out right before the first HLA. Not that you'd ever get that high xp even in a SoD solo w/o cheating.

You could be there without cheating. Not without cheesing though... There's a place in SoD where you can gain an infinite amount of XP just standing still and letting the AI do it's thing.

EDIT: Wow. Here, I'm trying to help, just forgetting to check the dates of the posts...
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    Can anyone tell me what exactly this mod does? it removes the original lvl cap? for example if the lvl cap was 20 now there isnt a limit?:D
  • BloodyTimpBloodyTimp Member Posts: 8
    sigh i feel like a total idiot for asking as im decades late for this modding stuff but i cant seem to get this mod running. Is this due to updates and this mod not being updated or is it something else im doing wrong?
    I have unzipped the filed then copied the override folder it created. i the pasted the override file to E:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766
    now as far as i can see from the post it should be working. does it work with a current saved game i have going or do i have to start a new game
    It works with a fully updated game. Post a screen shot of the folder you pasted it in so that we can check if it's in the right place.
    its in the folder that has data, language,manuals,movies,music and scripts folders in it
    for some reason my screen grab isnt working

ah got it to work and a huge thanks for the speedy looking up of this mate you rock
    didnt get the mod working i meant the screen grab lol
    @BloodyTimp See if you are using this one... It''s update for sod... Also check if the software you used did not create an override folder inside the game's override folder.
    ok i redownloaded that file tho im sure its the one i used already but better safe than sorry. and in that override folder is just the 4 .2DA files
    Ok... There nothing else needed then. Your characters should be able to gain XP beyond the cap.
    tried it went into my saved game killed a few ankhegs but still stuck on 161k
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited February 2017
    @BloodyTimp, try this one, it should work on all EE games: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59094-just-mine-eet-installation/page-3#entry592906

edit: hmm, when I now think about it it's kinda rude to hijack topic with different mod suggestion. Sorry @mlnevese, let me know if I should edit this post out.
    i finally figure it out a huge thanks to @mlnevese and swit for trying to help as well. for some weird reason tho there was the /00766 folder the game was double installed inside the same folder so i had to add it to the 2nd /0766 folder way deeper inside other folders
    That's the first time I saw this happen :)@swit No problem... this 2da editing was just a quick fix while the big tweaks mods were not compatible... Some people prefer to just drop this in the override instead of using the tweaks mods so I just kept updating it :)
  • St. AndrewSt. Andrew Member Posts: 86
    Yeah this doesn't work.
    nm it works; you're the man. does this change anything else that i need to be wary of?
    Nope. Just do not allow your group to get to a level they would receive HLA. They are not in BG I and could bug you game. In other words do not get above level 20 :)
    edited April 2017
    weird question, but can I set the engine to launch bg1 with the bg2 engine flag on in order to get HLAs

i see this weird text document that lists some kind of option or flag to use a different "engine" for each of the games
    The best way would be to use the Enhanced Edition Trilogy mod to make a single game with BG I and BG II.
  • TotalMilk9TotalMilk9 Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2017
    This mod has always worked for me but I recently reinstalled all the games and now it caps me at level 40. All the files are in a completely different path now called Beamdog Library which is new and makes me assume this has something to do with it?

Edit: It seems to be deleting the override folder after Iaunch the game
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    @mlnevese I adore you. You are The Best!
  • TundramanTundraman Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2018
    I attempted to use these 4 files to remove the xp cap on iPad via Luke93's guide and it seems that copying it to BG:EE and restarting (as would apply a mod installed via Luke93's method) yielded no removal of cap - exp still went to waste.

I was curious as to whether or not I needed WeiDu to install (my knowledge of weidu is 0/10 - just downloaded it and began learning on its operations) or if simply putting it in the override folder and zipping it into 1 non-compressed .bg1data file would be sufficient to get it to correctly operate with an iOS device.

I've tried the latter multiple times to no avail, unfortunately. Until then I'm frozen in Durlag's tower at the elementals with a playthrough of 3 PCs and no intention of using companions - I'm a little stuck XD

Edit:

Upon reviewing the 4 .2da files contained in the OP, I noticed they all say "command not found" for each class and some of the initial lines, as well as "BADVAL" and "89,000". Is it possible to edit these to reflect the correct data for the xp cap to work? If so - what program is ideal and how should it read?
    Post edited by Tundraman on
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Tundraman, I am unsure what you are asking here. If you are asking how to read the .2da files, any text editor (I use Notepad ++ but also tried with Notepad) should be fine.

As far as what the file looks like, -1 should be at the end of the appropriate lines. I downloaded the files here, had a look and compared them to what I have (modded through Tweaks Anthology) and they look good. The only difference (apart from order which shouldn't matter) is that the 89000 is 2950000 in my XPCAP.2DA, but I don't believe that this would matter either.

Here is what the XPCAP.2DA should look like. If you need the others, let me know. If it is different, then I would try a redownload. I don't own an iPAD, so can't comment on how to get it loaded, sorry.

2DA V1.0
    VALUE
    SORCERER -1
    MONK -1
    SHAMAN -1
    MAGE -1
    FIGHTER -1
    CLERIC -1
    THIEF -1
    BARD -1
    PALADIN -1
    DRUID -1
    RANGER -1
    FIGHTER_MAGE -1
    FIGHTER_CLERIC -1
    FIGHTER_THIEF -1
    FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF -1
    MAGE_THIEF -1
    CLERIC_MAGE -1
    CLERIC_THIEF -1
    FIGHTER_DRUID -1
    FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC -1
    CLERIC_RANGER -1

Gus
  • TundramanTundraman Member Posts: 9
    @Gusinda

Thanks for your assistance - you answered what I was asking. With the files reading properly (from some manual editing using openoffice spreadsheets) I'm still unsuccessful in the override.bg1data folder containing them (turned into an archive file and emailed to my iOS device) reflecting the appropriate changes despite being able to open the email attachment containing them with the "Copy to Baldur's Gate" function on the iOS device.

I don't think this particular cap remover is compatible with iOS via the non-jailbreak method for whatever reason, I've tried and tweaked several parts of the process in attempt to get it working. On to tweaks anthology attempts, I suppose.

Thanks again @Gusinda for your help and @mlnevese for the guide and files!