Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

wojtek said:

oh no :/ i hate illithids..

Ahhh, don't worry, I'm sure neothelids would never have illithids nearby...

Oh wait...

Well anyhow, neothelids are probably worse than mind flayers anyway. ^_~
    Thats a bit like saying cancer is worse than aids. :neutral:
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    The announcer during the Arena Battle in Neera's Quest mentioned us as the Victors of the Dragonspear Crusade, which is something I don't remember doing. Could somebody please explain to me what this is?
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    Goddamnit trailer please!!!!
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    I'm pretty sure this has been voiced at least once or twice in this never-ending thread, but I wonder if Adventure Y will explain how Minsc, Jaheira, Edwin, and Viconia gained stat boosts between the games. Or whether they'll have these stats during Adventure Y.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

I'm pretty sure this has been voiced at least once or twice in this never-ending thread, but I wonder if Adventure Y will explain how Minsc, Jaheira, Edwin, and Viconia gained stat boosts between the games. Or whether they'll have these stats during Adventure Y.

Yes. I've always supposed that, in the time between the games, they must have found some stat-boosting Tomes like the ones you find in BG1 ... but indeed it'll be interesting to see whether AdvY actually includes this.
    Yes ... there's also an in-game dialogue reference (although I forget exactly what it says) to the party having been involved in some action at Boareskyr Bridge (which is not far from Dragonspear Castle). Presumably all will be explained when Adventure Y is released.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    I tend to disagree, even though I like the general idea: Why would Imoen be abducted to Spellhold if not for her unsanctioned use of magic, just outside of the chateau? :confused:
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited June 2015
    It is a banter between Rasaad and Jaheira. She says that Khalid took another route at Boareskyr Bridge.
    My poor Khalid... :cry:
    In Adventure Y, I would love to see an In-Game Explanation as to why you start off with the party of Imoen, Jaheria, Khalid, Minsc and Dynaheir regardless of who you had in your party at the end of BG1
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I think there will be.
    I certainly hope so
    Yes indeed, but in addition it has been semi-officially implied that there may henceforth be a new choice of a couple of alternative starting-parties for BG2ee, presumably also explained by choices which we'll make during AdvY.

Maybe it'll turn out to be a different starting line-up for Evil protagonists (and perhaps even another option for Neutral protagonists), but such details haven't yet been revealed.
    Dee said:

Of course Adventure Y also adds a few spells, so that doesn't help...

I think that was implied before, but this is unequivocal confirmation.

Are the new spells eventually intended to be ported into BG1ee + BG2ee, @Dee?

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I'm super hoping that they have two huge patches for BG:EE and BG2:EE to put the content (spells, kits, etc) that are in adventure Y into them.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595

Yes indeed, but in addition it has been semi-officially implied that there may henceforth be a new choice of a couple of alternative starting-parties for BG2ee, presumably also explained by choices which we'll make during AdvY.

Maybe it'll turn out to be a different starting line-up for Evil protagonists (and perhaps even another option for Neutral protagonists), but such details haven't yet been revealed.

That would mean that joinable NPCs from BG will be available in BG2 as well? Or is it just some guys that are alrdy there, like Edwin or Viconia? Who knows.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    You can always copy them yourself ;)
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    I would be happy with just IWDEE druid spells being added to Bg1EE and BG2EE. Druid lvl 1 and lvl 2 spell list is the most boring thing ever.
    @Yannir - no, I strongly doubt that they'll add joinable NPCs into BG2ee which aren't already there (except possibly as chargeable DLC), because new joinables are seriously expensive to develop. Any alternative starting line-ups will probably involve only NPCs who already exist in BG2ee.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited June 2015
    I hope I am wrong, but changing the canon party to the player's own party would come with massive consequences, thus making that an unlikely addition to Adv.Y. '

The Jaheira/Khalid interaction replaced by what.. ? If removed/replaced, how would that affect the chateau Irenicus? Which NPC's could be used as replacements? None really or should the game choose one randomely from your party to be killed and add som generic dialogue after you find the corpse?

Minsc can be replaced and just found in the copper coronet instead I guess, or not if he dies in your playthrough of BG1 and/or Adv.Y.

Imoen, if you kill her off in BG1/Adv.Y, how to bring her back into the story without breaking the playthrough? It's easily done by creating one canon storyline, but alot harder to retcon I guess.

Added NPC's to BG2 from BG1 would mean they have to be added throughout, possibly even needing endings I guess. Can be done of course but probably fairly costly.
    Agreed, @Skatan, changing the starting party for BG2ee would introduce several complications.

Nevertheless, what's been said by Beamdog sources (see the Adventure Y thread) seems to imply that they're going to offer some choice (although undoubtedly only a limited choice). I haven't a clue how they're planning to tackle the complications of doing this, but I look forward to seeing what solutions they've devised.
    bengoshi said:

I wonder what was that about and whether the players will groan that piece of wordplay or not nonetheless.

Probably not, @bengoshi - the implication of @AndrewFoley "raising a cup of memory" is that the wordplay in question has been "sacrificed on the altar" by deleting it from the game.