Skip to content

TeamBG Community Updates

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Ah maybe not. Taking longer than I wanted. Some time tomorrow.
    lolienCrevsDaak
    edited September 2014
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34297/the-undying-mod-bg2-ee-compatible

Info at this forum.

I decided to make it BG2EE friendly at this time instead of waiting for version 3s completion is because I need feedback on its current status before I get too involved in V3.
    JuliusBorisovjackjacklolienCrevsDaak
    The Dark Side is right around the corner. I'll upload it tomorrow most likely. Right now I am redownloading Fallout New Vegas. Can't jam up my internet connection.
    jackjackjobbylolienCrevsDaak
    Dark Horizons now includes a French translation and the Undying now includes a German translation.

I've been out of the modding scene since IWDEE came out and plan on being out for some time. Due to the lack of enthusiasm in getting Dark Side of the Sword Coast out for BGEE and other mods of mine, I have decided to focus on my post-apocalypse novel that I've been writing for some time. Time to stop procrastinating over it and get it done and hopefully published.
    jackjacklolienCrevsDaak
  • StaglordStaglord Member Posts: 27
    thanks for your hard work mate. I can completely understand you. what name should i look for if i wanna read your book in the future? :)
    lolienjackjackCrevsDaak
    Actually I haven't thought of a title yet, but it would have Apocalyptic City somewhere in it since that is the destination of the main character.
    jackjackStaglordCrevsDaak
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Seems IE modding is like a narcotic :smile: Cool that you got back to it, I'm pretty sure there is a bunch of players waiting for the new Undying. Did you plan to tinker with DSotSC or does this ship already sailed?
    jackjackCrevsDaak
    Dark Side is done unless the other team members all of a sudden showed up and wanted to add in content. I'll just fix bugs if and when they are reported, other than the world map problem.
    modestvoltamlneveseCrevsDaaklolien
    Yasraena mod updated with a fix to her Fireflow sword. Can't very well have her own weapon damage her.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • ArnaeusArnaeus Member Posts: 90
    edited April 2015
    Dark side of the sword coast seems to make many unnecessary overrides of vanilla items that I don't know why it would be touching at all.

For instance it overwrites DAGG05.ITM which is the default throwing dagger and removes the strength bonus from it that it should be getting. It also makes it so you don't get the +1/2 attack from weapon specialization for that same weapon. I can only imagine there are similar issues with some of the other overwrites.
  • WhiteAgnusWhiteAgnus Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2015
    @CoM_Solaufein, I think I found a solution for the problem regarding the worldmap on DSotSC...

If you use the sc#addWmpAre, you either need to add the entrance names like ExitS, ExitW, Exitwmp, etc. (If an Entrance does not exist the game crashes like original BG1 and BG2 ;)) to the areas or you change the sc#addWmpAre macro to use the default entrances (West, North, South, East)

I have changed the macro myself, you can find it in the attachement, I tested the macro with the Wood of Sharp Teeth and it looks good (have a look in the testcode.txt for how to using it...)

(I tried posting this on baldursgatemods.com, but I got this message: "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.", also if I hit the Logout button... ;))
    modestvoltaCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • WhiteAgnusWhiteAgnus Member Posts: 112
    Hmm, maybe you should only use 0x01(North), 0x02 (East), 0x04 (South) or 0x08 (West), haven't tried if you choose two or more cardinals... ;)

Also it would be good, if you add support for BP-BGT_Worldmap, which just got an update for BG:EE :)
  • ArnaeusArnaeus Member Posts: 90
    I would like to obtain permission to create a mod to modify Dark Horizons with the aim of making all overpowered items undroppable to avoid issues with creating overpowered PCs
    JuliusBorisovMusignylolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Arnaeus said:

I would like to obtain permission to create a mod to modify Dark Horizons with the aim of making all overpowered items undroppable to avoid issues with creating overpowered PCs

I think it's a great idea.

@CoM_Solaufein if you want to read about it more, follow http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/635485/#Comment_635485 and the following discussion about your awesome mod.
    Musignylolien
    An easy thing to do. Click the flag that makes them undropable. Give.me the files when you're done and I'll make it an optional install
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    That dwarf sure gets around.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
    And no one is asking why my bg&bg2 store clerk is doing in iwd
  • StaglordStaglord Member Posts: 27
    I am now??
    My store mod for IWDEE that has a couple of items from the dead Return to the North mod. But I guess I'll let it sit on my computer, due to the lack of excitement.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    She doesn't... seem discouraged?
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    shawne said:

She doesn't... seem discouraged?
    *hint: she's being sarcastic