Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @Gwendolyne Any version is better than nothing :smile:
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    PM sent.

Sorry for trolling this topic.
    ALIENCoM_Solaufein
    @Gwendolyne Thank you! I guess we both cast "Spontaneous casting" spell :wink:
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    To mod again or stay in retirement, that is the question. I'm an old school modder who has been there since the modding scene began for BG. I got out of it a couple years ago. So much has changed even in those couple of years. I'd have to relearn things and this old dog would have to learn new tricks. I've been looking at a mod of mine that I haven't touched since 2015. A lot is done, hate to see it stay in limbo. We'll see.
    AedanStummvonBordwehrronaldomodestvolta
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited July 2018
    @CoM_Solaufein
    I do appreciate your work and your effort. I will definitely be happy to see your mods updated.
    Post edited by Aedan on
    CoM_SolaufeinStummvonBordwehr
    This particular mod was like 80% done at the time. I made the mistake of updating the game with the current patch at the time and it overwrote the game and all of my files I had done in the Override folder. And then I was left with a 50% completed mod. Which basically got me mad after seeing all of those years of work gone for good. So I said screw it and retired from it all in 2015. I just happened to browse through my Games folder and stumbled upon it and looked over the files. Its a good story that should be told, its not some mindless hack n slash adventure or some store mod. The Undying 3.0. A lot of content is at my forums, a lot of it is in its hidden work room. Perhaps I should read up on what I did.
    StummvonBordwehrAedanbrunardo
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    I am sure people would love to see this! Modding is what makes the BG series to me!
    AedanCoM_Solaufein
    Yes, The Undying mod, one of your best work! I would love to play an updated version for the EE!
    CoM_Solaufein
    Congratulations for this release!
    RVNS
    Version 3 isn't released yet. Just getting things organized so I can get back to work on it. ;)
    RVNS
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Congratulations on getting things organized so you can get back to work on it!
    RVNSAedan
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    Congrats on the new update!
  • Smiling_ImpSmiling_Imp Member Posts: 24
    Wow! CoM_Solaufein stil at it! Nice
    If anyone registers at our forums, let me know here, with your name. Our software is kind of lame and allows all sorts of spam bots to register. To combat that I have to approve the user. And if a user name looks like a spam bot, I'll just delete it. So let me know and I'll approve your registration instead of delete.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    "If you don't want to be seen as a spam bot, don't behave like a spam bot."
    I think that's a valid approach, and basically how we treat newcomers at SHS, as well. (Although we have the luxury of waiting for the first posts / spam links after registration.)
    CoM_Solaufein
    Indeed, I hate spam bots. Just as much as I hate hackers
    After a 4 year hiatus I came out of retirement and restarted work on The Undying version 3.

And the registering at our forums as stated in a few post above is still in effect. Don't use spam bot looking names.
    StummvonBordwehrAerakarGusindajastey
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited August 2020
    After a 4 year hiatus I came out of retirement and restarted work on The Undying version 3.

And the registering at our forums as stated in a few post above is still in effect. Don't use spam bot looking names.

Welcome back and good news! I've been wanting to play The Undying, but ran into the bug where Calisto fired all her banter at once at the first encounter, so I quitted and had given up hope to ever play it, as the mod seemed dead. So I'm glad you're reviving your project! Do keep us updated.

One gripe I have about the mod though, is the very difficult encounters. The duergar I met in the Temple District Sewers were brutal. Is there an option in the mod to tone the tactical encounters down in difficulty? As I get older, I get less and less good at fighting difficult fights in games. I just don't have the energy and drive no more that I had when I was a thirty-something.
    Post edited by Son_of_Imoen on
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @CoM_Solaufein
    As per your request, I registered on TeamBG.com as Endarire and await approval. I await Undying 3's EET compatible glorious release!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    I'd wait until 2.54. I'm removing something related to Ninafer and I am trying to figure out why the banters are going off all at once instead of once in a while like in the original games.

I don't know if you saw my post in the BG2 mod forum, but the dialogue bug seems to trigger as soon as the character leaves the area where you pick her up and enters another building or area. However, it seems that the issue can be resolved (at least for a time) by having your charname speak to whoever's dialogue is firing off. It seems that the issue is that the character is supposed to speak a specific line of dialogue to the charname but something is preventing it from triggering on its own, which then causes the character to rifle through every other line of dialogue as though she's "searching" for the correct one. Speaking to the character will get her to say the "correct" line, after which she'll be quiet for a time, but will eventually start acting up again the next time she has something to say to charname.

Hope this helps.
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    Any news?
    Aedan
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 243
    @CoM_Solaufein

Hi, I registered on TeamBG.com as Ice Abdal and I'm awaiting the registering approval.

Thanks in advance!
    @Mothor The teambg.com domain it's not a proper website. It's http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/ which you want.
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @Mothor The teambg.com domain it's not a proper website. It's http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/ which you want.

Ah, right. I just used the name of the website which is still listed as such on the left upper corner of the page.

Hopefully either CoM_Solaufein or some other administrator of said website will respond to my request.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Hello,

Any word on the updated Undying mod?

Mothor wrote: »
    @CoM_Solaufein

Hi, I registered on TeamBG.com as Ice Abdal and I'm awaiting the registering approval.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the long delay. I don't visit these sites like I used to. I tried looking up your name and didn't find it. If it was registered in Dec 2020 there is only one name and it looks like a spam bot.
    Hello,

Any word on the updated Undying mod?

Sad to say, I just haven't had the time. RL crap. Plus I may have to relearn modding again since I've been out of it for so long. Not saying no to The Undying 3 but at this present time, not now
    StummvonBordwehrSharGuidesMyHand
    edited July 2021
    @CoM_Solaufein

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the long delay. I don't visit these sites like I used to. I tried looking up your name and didn't find it. If it was registered in Dec 2020 there is only one name and it looks like a spam bot.

@CoM_Solaufein Strange...either I forgot to add the "Yes" in the "Are you human" part of the registration or maybe it was something else. :(

I tried to register again yesterday with the same username I have here (Mothor). I have not received any email informing about the process being successful though but when I try to log with the data I used during registering I get: Your account is still awaiting admin approval

Which would imply at least that my attempt was taken into account this time...
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

@CoM_Solaufein Strange...either I forgot to add the "Yes" in the "Are you human" part of the registration or maybe it was something else. :(

It's speciesm by TeamBG that (half)elves, gnomes, dwarves, halflings and halforcs can't register! :/