Skip to content

The 75 roll No-Reload/No Resurrection Challenge

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    So,I rolled a Druid, Sherri Cordial. Stats were 9/13/13/10/15/15. Beefed up my xp in Candlekeep, let Imoen join, recruited Xzar and Monty as meat shields, and still got smoked by Tarnesh. Blech.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    tbone1 said:

So,I rolled a Druid, Sherri Cordial. Stats were 9/13/13/10/15/15. Beefed up my xp in Candlekeep, let Imoen join, recruited Xzar and Monty as meat shields, and still got smoked by Tarnesh. Blech.

Tarnesh is a seriously dangerous foe. It is a BIG hurdle in the 75 stat no reload challenge.

I think instead of documenting my further attempts I will just stream them on twitch and post the video logs here :)
  • MerrepiMerrepi Member Posts: 6
    Started a run with a gnome illusionist. Now entering Nashkel... I'll give an update on my party, demise etc
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited October 2017
    So yeah...was thinking about this challenge.

Let's say that Charname is a sorcerer. Someone who doesn't have any primary stat.

Str (10) Dex (18) Con (16) Int (11) Wis (10) Cha (10)

Cha doesn't matter for sorcerers. Int11 lets him survive 2 mindflayer hits. Has max AC, max HP. Is pretty much good to go.

----

Ok. Less cheesy. Fine. How about...a gnome wizard?

Str (9) Dex (10) Con (10) Int (19) Wis (17) Cha (10)

Much better for RP, right? Here's the funny thing about that...

If he survives to BG2...
    * Belt of Hill Giant Strength
    * Belt of Con 18 (12 hour buff, so cast it and switch belts)
    * Gauntlets of Dex18
    * Ring of human influence

Stats then become...

Str (19) Dex (18) Con (18) Int (20) Wis (20) Cha (18)

After watchers keep and hell trials...and with Golden ioun stone...

Str (19) Dex (18) Con (18) Int (22) Wis (22) Cha (18)

Kind of funny how a 75 point roll, with optimized items, can turn you into a demi-god.
    Post edited by Grum on
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    The difficulty isn't the 75 roll, IMO, but the no-res. It's incredibly punishing for people whose play is less than perfect, myself included. I'm starting my own run in the standard no-reload thread, since I don't want to double post throughout the forum. Or maybe I should just do it here? I'm undecided.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Neverused: Double-posting isn't allowed. I'd recommend posting the full thing in one thread, and posting links to those posts in the other thread.
    Ulp. Soooo Unfinished Business is making life harder.

Tehmar, update 2.
    Not wanting to go on a wilderness run, we decide to head to the Ankhegs anyways. It turns out that I didn't have to worry: with the Ankheg plate and a Large Shield +1, the Ankheg's can't hit a ranged projectile on Kagain without a critical.

We clear the cave with few issues, and head north. I remember too late not to use ranged weapons against Tenya, and after she surrenders and talks, a ranged shot from Tehmar already in the air strikes her and turns her hostile. We're forced to kill her and report back to the fishermen. Also, on the way back, we encounter one of the more terrifying battles here: I think we were trying to rest and picked up two more ankhegs.

We purchase the Greenstone amulet and the Cloak of Displacement at Ulgoth's beard, and finally head for the lighthouse for our thief. On the way, Garrick gets the first level up of anyone since we joined as a team:

And finally, we have a thief. Hi, Safana!

We have no problems with the Sirenes, though swarms of Hobgoblin elites prove tricky and poisonous. With no potions of Absorption, Kagain and Branwen keep trading off tanking duties with the flesh golems, and we have no fatalities. On the way out, we see the Savior of all squirrels, the one that can apparently walk on water...

Time for the mines. We're fairly safe throughout, with the only real possible problem being the Kobold Shaman's horror. Butttttt we have a Bard. Magical fear can't really affect us. The Kobolds falls.

And a silenced Mulahey can't call for reinforcements. A silenced priest is a dead priest, 99% of the time.

Against Nimbul, Tehmar's spell disruption is brought back into play, and Xan's magic missiles and acid arrows kill Nimbul through his stoneskins.

But now we do head west: I want those gauntlets of Dex. We fight everything we come across, Sendai and company, and also the Molkar ambush. No Invisibility, so no backstabs are incoming, but with Haste on the field, this is dangerous regardless. Xan lands a Dire Charm on Molkar, turning the fight into a 7v3 in our favor, and even though Garrick is held, he's under no pressure and we take them all down.

We get the gauntlets, return Brage to Nashkel, and kill Charleston Nib and the Doomsayer after a couple careless dialogue choices.

And I choose to fight in Ulcaster... Why did I choose to fight in Ulcaster when I knew about this Mal-Kalen? I 'unno. Anyways, Mal-Kalen is introduced by Unfinished Business, and has a freaking Harm-clone as his melee attack. Apparently, there's a peaceful resolution if you head left instead of right: baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Mal-Kalen. But I didn't know this. Branwen's hit, Branwen fails a save, and we have our first death in this run!

We do manage to take revenge though.

The next Cleric or Druid I can lose with no BG2 impact is all the way in the Cloakwood Mines. Quayle loses Aerie, Faldorn cuts off the Druid questline in Trademeet, Jaheira just dies, and I already cut off Tiax as a possibility due to stupidity. Time to binge on healing potions until Cloakwood, I suppose. Since the Bandit Camp is next anyways, I'll probably bring Kivan along for the extra support.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Mal-Kalen. Unfinished business has got a few first time doozies in it. Yup, was a real shocker for me the first time I ran into that.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I right there with ya. Gotta start a new character myself. I think the restartitis hurts me more than the lower scores TBH. B)
    Took me a day and a complete redownload due to corrupted files, but here we go again with both new mods and a new CHARNAME. I've added Faith and Powers including the sphere system and Scales of Balance to my previous SCS installation, and Alora's actually at Gullykin now. :tongue:

Introducing Gerpa, Halfling Priest of Tymora.

Not gonna lie, I've no idea what I'm doing in Faith and Powers, much less SoB. I'm probably going to end up in quite a number of times where I have no idea what's going on, or make a mistake with one of the new spells.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    I've always liked the sound of this challenge so I've started it with Chimeron, Priest of Talos, lord of all he surveys at any one time :). Stats are 14/12/16/9/16/8. I shall be playing on Android for the first time, so just a few mods are installed on 1.3 for now.
    And you reminded me this thread existed. Gerpa's long dead by now, and on a broken laptop, so new install, new character. Weidu:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0 // 24300
    ~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #0 // 20161130 - Updated by agb1 (installation started Sat 02/03/2018)
    ~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core - resource importation: 1.0 RC9.2
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix Sunfire power levels: v2.4
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Check for and fix incorrect spell animations: v2.4
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension Core (requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues for Bioware NPCs by shawne: v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #105 // Extended Epilogues for Beamdog NPCs by shawne: v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519
    ~BACKBRYNNLAW/SETUP-BACKBRYNNLAW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Back to Brynnlaw mod for Baldur's Gate II: v5 BWP Fix
    ~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II: v5 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: v14 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): v14 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: v14 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): v14 BWP Fix
    ~MAZZY/SETUP-MAZZY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Mazzy Friendship: v2.2_Isaya BWP Fix
    ~IMOENFRIENDSHIP/IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen Friendship: 3.0
    ~IMOENROMANCE/SETUP-IMOENROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen NPC Romance Mod for BG2:SoA TOB (3.9 Version!): 3.9
    ~IMOENROMANCE/SETUP-IMOENROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Romance Option -> Don't Allow multiple Romance (Only valid for Vanilla romances): 3.9
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA: v1.04
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB: v1.04
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.04
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.04
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.04
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.04
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.04
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.04
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v27beta
    ~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok: v27beta
    ~ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternatives: v13.2
    ~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v6 BWP Fix
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Revised Armor -> Without Movement Speed Penalties: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #3 // Allow Spellcasting in Armor -> With Casting Speed Penalties for Arcane Casters: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor -> Stealth is Penalized by Armor and Shields: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #19 // Revised Backstabbing -> More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V4 Beta 10
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #11 // Install new spells -> Only add spells if not present from other mods: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Install Holy Strategist of the Red Knight Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Install Lorekeeper of Oghma Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Install Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #127 // Install Feywarden of Corellon Cleric Kit: v8
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.91
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1910 // Protection from Normal Missiles also blocks Arrows of Fire/Cold/Acid and similar projectiles without pluses: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Prevent Simulacra and Projected Images from using magical items: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 2/3 the normal rate: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4145 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Remove the tutorial NPCs from Candlekeep: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4210 // Randomise the maze in Watcher's Keep: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5060 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6023 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> All eligible spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal get HLAs; only selected casters in Shadows of Amn do: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6031 // Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6041 // Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6511 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6521 // Smarter genies -> Genies have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6531 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6541 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6551 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids can see through invisibility: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity party: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8030 // More resilient trolls: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8042 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Almost-maximum difficulty (maximum for everything except liches): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8061 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8081 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> Original Tactics Improved Bodhi with SCSII scripting: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8130 // Prevent resting in the Illithid city: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8141 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Leave Ust Natha's defences alone: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shield of Reflection works on SCS Flame Arrows: v2.4
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // Fix Smarter Abazigal: v2.4
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fix Smarter Irenicus at the Throne: v2.4
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // Remove entourage from Ascension Fallen Solars: v2.4
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #400 // Prevent silent prebuffs: v2.4
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #11 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #12 // Shadow Thief Improvements: v4.91
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for RR content: v4.91
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #201 // Add spell school notifications to the combat log -> All spells with a casting time greater than 1: v2.4
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #300 // Add expiration notifications for buffs: v2.4
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #510 // Randomly not randomise items: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #530 // Randomise scrolls: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #540 // Randomise the heads of the Flail of Ages: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #560 // More Spell Shield scrolls: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #1300 // Randomise items -> Mode 2: Randomise with WeiDU. No items are lost: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #5005 // Beholders have no items equipped: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #5015 // Demi-liches have no items equipped: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #5025 // Dragons have no items equipped: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #5035 // Elementals have no items equipped: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #5045 // Fiends have no items equipped: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #5055 // Golems have no items equipped: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #5065 // Master Brains have no items equipped: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #5085 // Trolls have no items equipped: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #9000 // Cespenar can forge SoA items: proto-7 171126
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #10200 // Remove Protection from Undead scrolls from stores -> All scrolls from 9 out of 10 stores: proto-7 171126
    ~EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end - last mod in install order
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BWS_FINAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible

Big ones are Item Revisions, Item Randomizer, SCS, Rogue Rebalancing, and Ascension. I'll be playing on an EE + Dragonspear install, Core difficulty. Newest contender is...

Arcoi, Half-elf Avenger. Picture from here, from Deviantartist Samain.

Arcoi, update 1:
    I did a re-install upon noticing that I hadn't ticked the Critical Hit Protection changes of Item Revisions, as well as added convenience tweaks from component CDTweaks. As in my previous run, I'm going to try recruiting every at as high a level as possible, and I want Arcoi at the Avenger power level: 7. He gets Improved Invisibility, Summon Woodland Beings, as well as access to the Avenger forms, most notably the Fire Salamander and the Sword Spider forms.

So, same start of Shoal for a quick-ish (50 some darts...) level 3, giving access to Web.

We use Web on the Wolf and later on a Skeleton, fortunately saving Melicamp for level 4 and our first THAC0 boost.

Arcoi clears Beregost fairly simply, talking to Marl, giving a book to Firebead, and returning Perdue's sword, which puts me into conflict with Karlat. I COULD kill Karlat eventually by myself, but I can't hit except on 20s and I've already brought him to near death already. I end up hiring Morwen (Dark Horizons, I think?) who has hilariously overpowered gear. I use her to kill Karlat, and then dismiss her permanently.

The Spiders are enough to push Arcoi to level 5, and Call Lightning.

On the way south, there's a pair of assassins with similarly overpowered gear. I manage to kill Doufas by stacking webs, but he has some sort of invisible partner, a Thief I think given the sprite I saw. I rest, cast Detect Invisibility, see nothing, and run the heck out of there. If she has gear anything like this ridiculous scimitar, a backstab's gonna 1-shot me.

The sword's sold for 3,500: I can't justify using broken weaponry to win these fights yet.

Neira's spells are avoided by dodging in and out of the inn, and similarly with Zordral. I normally ignore that mage fight but... whatever. I almost get myself killed by wandering too close to one of my own webs, but Zordral failed the next 2 saves and Arcoi succeeds the second. Aerie (modded) gives a Stone to Flesh scroll, and Arcoi purchases a Pro. Alterations scroll for the Basilisks. I hire Korax, and clear all the basilisks, starting south and heading north. Mutamin's odd Haste and script means he wanders like crazy if he's not killed instantly, but Korax and Arcoi deal with the basilisks first before hunting the gnome down. It was actually when Arcoi was wandering in Sword Spider form when Korax came across Mutamin, and won the 1v1 melee fight: it took me around 5 minutes to figure out where Mutamin actually died on that map.

Arcoi is now level 7, and has recruited Kagain, Garrick, Branwen, Dorn, and Tiax. Very spell-caster focused, and right now we're clearing the western side of the Sword Coast. Important random loot so far: Protector of the Second, giving Arcoi Critical Hit immunity.
    His magnificence Lord Chimeron has destroyed much in the name of Talos, tremble at his name. Chiefly basilisks actually, as Chimeron prefers the wild places. In the company of Tiax and Kivan (Archer) he allowed Tiax's ghast and the one known as Korax to deal with the impudent Mutamin and his silly pets. We were then joined by Shar-Teel (Berseker), Kagain (Dwarven Defender), and Garrick (Skald) and dealt with the scheming Skie. The impertinent Kivan became a pincushion during our 'debate', and so has been replaced by the tinkling laugh of Alora for now.

I've made several mistakes with level up proficiencies already but not taking things too seriously :). Everyone's at about 8,000 XP for now, well set up for the hard grind to come.
    Woe unto the fallen, as Talos teaches his servant a lesson regarding the indiscriminate power of lightning. First Shar-Teel and Tiax were fried by the lightning of the Ogre's pet mage, and then Kagain was blasted by fire arrows as I unfortunately misclicked. Having plundered what they could Garrick, Chimeron, and Alora then visited Ulcaster only for Chimeron to be blasted down to 1hp by more Kobold Commandos who appeared to teleport in. Clearly this was not the day to be evil muttered Chimeron as he quaffed his invisibility potion. We almost recruited Gavin but his Lathanderite burblings were too much for Chimeron to bear and so he was told to head where the sun don't shine. Instead we brought in Jaheira and Khalid after chopping down Tarnesh, and then also recruited Ajantis - Talos approves of him being used as ankheg fodder.

Poor play while I commute, great fun while it lasts! HPs are around average for all npcs so they are even more fragile than usual. We're fast running out of tanks...
    Arcoi, update 2:

We continue to struggle against assassins and overpowered gear. First up is at the Gnoll Fortress, this lovely mage who I later found has multiple scrolls of Fireball, easily enough to murder my entire party. There's also a Fighter and a Thief, the latter almost killing Garrick in one shot. The Fighter has a +3 Axe that does +3 ice damage every hit. If I'm gonna be fighting these guys, I rescind my gear limitation. Kagain's using this thing after it gets identified.

We fight our way through the fortress, using Hold Person liberally to deal with the crowds. A mod apparently introduces two of these clan leaders, each worth 2,500 experience for almost no difficulty. It's like another Shoal for free!

We continue up north, killing the noble Jared that asks for help against a polar bear to keep my Evil party members satisfied, and take on the Doomsayer. We also fight against Brage and his cousin, continuing to sweep out the southwestern side of the Sword Coast. Basillus finds himself up against our best combo: Webs and Sword Spider Form. This is only two Webs in play, and essentially a guaranteed kill.

A trip to the sea gets Arcoi the CON tome, not randomized apparently, so Arcoi's extra HP are maximum now.

We stop at Durlags for a Wis tome (+1 level 1 spell! Whoopee!) and do Dorn's first quest, before finally getting back to the Nashkel mines. The hardest battle is more assassins, but they don't have any Web protection on them; Arcoi kills four of them, and the other five killing the named Duergar. They have ANOTHER +3 Axe, and a +3 Morningstar. Who thought this loot level was reasonable? Mulahey dies pretty quickly, and two webs kept the minions at bay. Getting out, we kill the Revenant and Narcillicus for 8.2k experience combined. Nimbul is Held and easily dealt with.

We've taken out the Ankhegs, and are heading north to Ulgoth's Beard next.
    Levels: Arcoi, level 8 Avenger
    Kagain, level 6 Fighter
    Dorn, level 6 Blackguard
    Branwen, level 7 Cleric
    Tiax, level 6/6 Cleric/Thief
    Garrick, level 7 Bard
    .... OK, right, this is the stupidest mod I've ever encountered. I haven't played Saerilith yet, though, so there's that.

There's ANOTHER Assassin party at the Wyrm's Crossing, this one made up out of Elven... Archers, I'm guessing, Warriors at the very least, with Arrows that Hold on a failed save. Those arrows don't even exist, and there's 4 archers.

Branwen fails a save early, and that's probably what saves Arcoi's life. I have him instantly quaff a potion of Freedom, and try to get the Archer's attention off Branwen. Garrick fails a save too. There's an Assassin in the back ranks, too, if that's not problematic enough. We can't get the named character to ignore Branwen, and she's the first death in this campaign.

Tiax apparently managed to evade the backstab; I have no idea how deadly it would've been. Kagain drank a Potion of Speed instead of a Potion of Freedom; he's stunned, despite being in melee range of the archers, and we're in some trouble. A Ghast is summoned by Tiax, at least, so the named Archer is out of the fight. Both named assassins die.

But to save Arcoi, Kagain has to be sacrificed. Whatever these Bodyguards are, they're powerful in melee too: they're hitting a functional -6 on Arcoi EASILY.

And the worst thing is? They only give a lousy 100 experience each.

So, time to rebuild. Tiax can handle Cleric duties fine, so that can be ignored. I'm thinking Sharteel and... Kivan, maybe? Coran, eventually? Regardless.

Deaths: Branwen, Kagain.
    Yeah, those assassins and their arrows are lethal. I went through that mod's files and just removed anything gamebreaking for the sake of keeping immersion. Otherwise things just get silly.

Meanwhile... Good news everyone, Ajantis' endless prayer meetings have come to an end. As I slowly get used to Android the group explored many of the wilderness areas around Nashkel, cutting down many bandits. Unfortunately we poked our head into the wrong Ettercap cave and the whole party fell into a web trap. Fortunately Ajantis was in front >:). Hmmm, fast running out of tanks but at least Chimeron can summon skeletons now... I may need to install a few more NPC mods at this rate!
    Oh, and a bit of hilarity... After we collected our reward for cleansing the Firewine of all Koboldery we tried to take a nap in Gullykin. Immediately a bunch of kobolds spawned next to Chimeron, who legged it for Ulcaster, leaving the poor halflings to reflect on the dangers of handing over cash without a receipt. Those same kobolds were probably the ones who appeared in Ulcaster to reduce Chimeron to 1hp in a hail of fire arrows though! Determined buggers...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Neverused: Contrary to the item description, those arrows don't actually offer a saving throw. Try them against some mod-introduced enemies.

@Neverused: Contrary to the item description, those arrows don't actually offer a saving throw. Try them against some mod-introduced enemies.

... What the what. That's broken past ToB levels of brokenness. And that quarterstaff in Sorcerous Sundries that has a 25% chance of petrification on hit without a save? If an enemy has that, I'm tempted to reload if I end up dying to that.

Arcoi, update 3:

The item description, for anyone interested.

My plan to recruit Shar-Teel goes awry: she joins the party, but she immediately gives a hostile dialogue about reputation (it's sitting at 15) and... I must choose the wrong option, if there is a right option, because she attacks, and we kill her permanently. Oh well. We recruit Kivan anyways, and head as a 5-man unit to the Bandit camp after a stop to Ulgoth's Beard for the Greenstone Amulet.

We approach from the west. I accidentally cancel Garrick's cast of Cloudkill from scroll, but Arcoi and Garrick both get off Webs afterwards. Arcoi shifts back to Sword Spider form, and commences the slaughter as the other four keep adding spells or arrows to the mix. A Skeleton Warrior falls to arrows, but Tiax's Ghast and Arcoi's Nymph are still alive by the end of the fight. Garrick's Fireballs from wand didn't hurt either. Arcoi had to drink a potion of regeneration, but no one's even injured by the end of the fight.

In Cloakwood, we side with Aldeth before recruiting Coran. The plan in my mind is to get into the mines, send Dorn back to the FAI while I recruit Yeslick. The Spider area is a tad touch and go as multiple Phase Spiders teleport in the second we enter the map, but we have enough antidotes and potions of health to deal with the one or two members that get poisoned. Arcoi in Sword Spider form does most of the work here, being immune to webs himself and sporting a nifty -11 AC vs Slashing, as well as critical hit immunity. The Dragon being hinted at by some of the druids here is studiously ignored.

Next zone... THIS MOD IS ABSURD. A random guard that's in control of two greater wyverns. Regular Wyverns need criticals to hit; I'm pretty sure these things are hitting on rolls of 10 or so. After taking a few hits, I don't stick around to find out, because they're doing something stupid like 30 damage per hit. And our Fighter heavy party can't hit without either 19s or 20s, I'm pretty certain. I end up retreating as I'm starting to lose control of more than one party member kiting, and everyone besides Arcoi will die to a single critical hit at full health. Back to Spider woods.

We stock up on every damage spell we can cast. Call Lightning is the heavy hitter here. We return then pulled a single Wyvern, Luthien, away. You know what I found?

They have bloody magic resistance. The game crashed soon after, so I had to go back to the Autosave, and this time killed the Hamadryad before dealing with the Wyverns. Using Wand charges as well, we kill Beren, rest, and repeat with Luthian. Oh, and the random guard had some of those stupid arrows as well. AND Bracers that grant a straight up 1 APR increase. I'm done with not using this loot: Kivan gets the bracers.

The only thing more BS would be to give these Wyverns a ranged attack. I'd have to figure out a way to get past them Invisibly, probably.

At the Mines, the Drasus battle goes... poorly. Double Web doesn't do enough, and Drasus and one of the mages is free. Greenstone Amulet shuffling isn't timed correctly, and Coran and Dorn are hit by Chaos. Coran wanders too close to Drasus, and the result is predictable.

Drasus dies. We can't break the Mage's defenses fast enough, and he summons two rounds of Ogre Berserkers on us. We flee northwest, and the summons and the mage follow. Arcoi shifted back to human form to cast a few spells, but he's forced back into Fire Salamander form to attempt to tank things. Slow makes taking down the summons and the mage difficult, but we do it, Fire Salamander Flame attacks helping. We return and slay the remaining two. Oh, and that stupid Captain that's wielding a copy of Varscona and a magical longbow just because. We're pretty battered, but we used one of those mod arrows to end the fight.

We recruit Yeslick through the back passageways, freeing the slaves in the process, and avoid Hareishan. We get to the final level only to see this:

....... Right. Great. We retreat immediately. I dunno why I don't have Tiax cast Sanctuary before going back downstairs, but he survives the Backstab. We murder that thief instantly, and Garrick throws a Web, fortunately catching the Mage. Arcoi's Sword Spider form turns up trumps again, and another assassination attempt is thwarted.

Davaeorn himself is simple: Yeslick and Tiax summon their undead minions, Dorn helps hold the door, and Arcoi goes under Protection From Magic and slaughters the Mage. There's a slight hiccup at Davaeorn's first teleport is directly to the room the rest of the party's in, but he returns to face Arcoi. A mistake, as he succumbs first to his own spell, then Arcoi's poison.

At the gate of Baldur's Gate, Dorn's archenemy proves unable to stop our party from rolling over him, devils notwithstanding. We sell and identify all the ridiculous loot (a wand of Domination, with 100 charges?), and bankrupt ourselves by purchasing basically Sorcerous Sundries entire potion stock. A couple sidequests are done: Ogre Mage, Ramazith, Marek and Lothander, and the BG1NPC quest regarding Tiax... which we screw up... And we lost Tiax.

We recruit Alora as a replacement, and invisibly investigate the Iron Throne. We're about to head for Candlekeep, and I'm probably going to stay invisible for 90% of the Catacombs, since I'm SURE there's another unbalanced assassin party down here. I'll pick up the WIS tome, possibly the STR tome if it seems safe (but there's almost no reason for me to do so.)

Dead: Branwen, Kagain, Shar-Teel, Coran
    Gone: Tiax
    edited February 2018
    Nice progress. Regarding the Catacombs:

I think there are some extra skellies, who chunked Isra for me, but not so much in the way of extra assassins.

Chimeron continues wandering, having added Vynd to the party, wondering when Talos will release him from exile. Khalid got hit by lightning so that's a good sign anyway. Just saved Brage and hit level 5, so may soon hit the mines. Vynd was squashed once by an Ogre critical but I discovered that my game had a slight bug so his hps were artificially low & some items had been lost so he gets a miraculous reprieve for now. I shall swear off adding any further mod npcs though.
    Arcoi, update 4:

The Candlekeep ambush is almost a disaster: Alora's targeted multiple times, and it's her Lucky Rabbit's Foot that likely keeps her alive as she uses the Sand Thief's Ring to turn Invisible.

We clean up the fight fairly quickly though: Dorn's and Arcoi's Poison and Silence from Yeslick nullifies any spellcasting they attempt. In the Catacombs, Phase Spiders again teleport directly to us, so we clear all that level. Sadly there's no Wisdom Tome: it's been randomized somewhere. But I'm not going to search for it, since 15 Wisdom makes little to no difference from 14 Wisdom. A rest, Pixie Dust and a Potion of Mirrored Eyes on Arcoi guarantees we only face the Basilisks in the catacombs.

Back in Baldur's Gate, Pixie Dust allows us to save the poisoned Duke, and we then proceed to the Undercellars. Item Revisions turns potions of Infravision into Potions of Sight, but Slythe has a cloak of Nondetection nullifying that. Nevertheless, he's visible long enough to get badly injured and poisoned: he dies as he's trying to find a squishy target to backstab.

The Ducal Palace: same strategy, Garrick uses a scroll of Invisibility on Liia.

Butttttttt I forgot that there's a Doppelganger assassin. Even without a critical hit, this was likely a kill, so the chunking is irrelevant.

We send Sarevok scurrying away, both Belt and Liia surviving the battle.

I forget that I'm probably going to need to keep massive AoE damage for Siege of Dragonspear, and bomb the Undercity party with wands and potions. Nothing really dangerous here, and Arcoi gets level 10, his final for BG. We'll see how much I regret this decision later. In the vein of burning through resources, the plan is to use three Protection from Magic scrolls on Arcoi, Dorn, and Kivan while Garrick and Alora chill invisibly far away from any possible AoE spells. It takes some kiting, but victory in this final fight is really kind of inevitable once the mages are dealt with.

Onto SoD! I'm 100% blind but I can only say how glad I am that I don't have to worry about any more mod-introduced enemies doing absolutely ridiculous things. However, this party is not optimized in dealing with huge groups of undead: the Flaming Fist contingent in Korlasz tomb dies well before the final fight. Korlasz is Webbed to death.

I dunno who all can be successfully recruited: Coran's a no-go, since he's technically dead, Garrick refuses to come with me, so Safana, Minsc, and Dynaheir are my 3 companions going out of Baldur's Gate. We're currently in a mine swarming with more undead. I accidentally reloaded while blindly stabbing at my keyboard for my map key in the dark, and with a new laptop, somehow hit L instead of M. And I hadn't quicksaved in that mine, so...

Arcoi, final post:

Lack of knowledge about Dragonspear has done Arcoi in. He made it through the hordes of undead relatively fine, Glint having to save him once with a Remove Paralysis to one of those Bonebat holds, but the party is wholly unequipped to deal with an accidentally awakened Green Dragon. Arcoi's literally 100-0'd. In the future, I'd need to remember 1) keep Spider Bane! I think that might be the only poison immunity item to that point under Item Revisions. 2) I can just ignore that dragon if I have to...

Still, if I'm not mistaken, Arcoi's the first character to make it through to even SoD under these restrictions. I'll probably give it another go after a fresh install. I'm not dealing with this assassin nonsense anymore.