Skip to content

[NonSequitur Roleplay Run] - It's not a party if you leave with all your teeth...

KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
After my wacky Black Pits run http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16523/black-pits-faq-guide, the realms are once again calling the heroes of the Pits. I should be renovating, but the realms won't take "no, ask me again in 7 weeks" for an answer.

This will be a wacky roleplay run with pop culture references and random silliness. Because being serious all the time can't be healthy.

The Cast - Updated

Eye of Helm: a nearsighted Beholder Paladin of Helm (Cavalier) who doesn't know he is a Beholder and is - sometimes - convinced to be from the future
@Eudaemonium: is Eye of Helm's familiar (or somehow spellbound to his backpack) and a gnome Thayan wizard (illusionist/thief)
@Anduin: a Button Eyed Mummy Gargoyle Creator Necromancer who is obsessed with buttons and recently adopted the mind of a cauliflower cleric engaged in a Holy War against broccoli
@Samus: a Drow Jester formerly performing in the Crosseyed Cyclops Tavern
@Southpaw: a Mind Flayer Priest of Lathander who would absolutely never try to eat the brains of his comrades
@OneAngryMushroom: a Myconid Ranger on a mission to destroy the One Ring

PaladinFMMageJesterClericRanger

The Quest

An unknown power/entity has sent the Glorious Five to Candlekeep, where they managed to disguise themselves as surface dwellers. Mainly, they just want to find a way back to the Underdark and return to their tavern chairs; however, the time travelling (?) beholder sees "saving the dancer to save the world" as his primary objective, while the mummy is in desperate search of buttons to push. One of the party members is secretly a smoke monster, another one is the rightful king of Westeros and one is potentially sane.
Post edited by KidCarnival on

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited May 2013
    Master, One does not simply *find* the Great Mushroom.

EDIT: Also, I believe @Anduin may have encountered a Polar Bear in the woods by the Lion's Way. Fortunately, it did not seem to eat Cauliflower, but we should be wary of its potential origins.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...this would indeed be interesting as a multi-player game.
    but for a real game, you would need to change the setup of the party. You'd need a real thief and probably tops 5 PCs to be able to pick up the BGEE NPCs to do their story quests (even if for a while), which would drop the number of created characters to 4-5.
    (Probably a Paladin+Cleric+Mage+Thief + the iconic bard would do)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    * @Anduin clicks on @KidCarnivals Bio and starts to read...*

Inspired by your loving foster fathers tales, you have always dreamt of living the life as an adventurer, travelling the lands and surviving by your wits and talents alone. You have levitated around the grounds of your home much to the consternation of the Monks of Candlekeep who would avoid your gaze at all cost. They would occasionally play catch 'the pitchfork' with you followed by 'set the monster on fire'... Your favourite game was however 'I spy' at which you were an unrivalled champion.

You know little of how you became a ward of Gorion's, but over the years you have come to realise that it involved a great deal of alcohol, beer goggles and 'one hell of a night' words he still mutters in his beer addled sleep. She was an aberration from the under dark and a friend of Gorion's for a night. As you have no memory of her, nor any keepsakes to remind you of her existences, you have come to believe she died while giving birth to you. Of your father you have learnt nothing apart from that he must have been very brave, or very drunk, to have done the okey cokey with yer mum

Interesting... Most interesting...

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    edited May 2013
    With the party as it is, @Anduin can dual to thief. For the first few chapters, @Eudaemonium can handle at least traps. There aren't many that require more than 30 in traps until Cloakwood. Potions and possibly a Knock spell could get us far enough. The alternative would be to change @FinneousPJ to vanilla thief (and have @Southpaw tank as cleric from the start) and later dual to fighter. With his tendency to kill mentors, assassin would be a good fit... Shadowkept, that would make Eudaemonium vanilla thief/Conjurer and FinneousPJ assassin/vanilla fighter.

Though, a 5 PC party would make more sense; we need Dorn at some point to get the Elven Chain for @Samus. I never had a 6 PC multiplayer game - can I temporarily dismiss one to pick up an NPC?
    edited May 2013
    I'm way more tempted to make you a necromancer/cleric, due to your recent ascension to vegetable heaven.

Thinking about it... I could only dual Anduin (due to necromancer), but Eudaemonium could be multi thief/mage. It would make sense as a shorty (possibly gnome for illusionist?); Eye of Helm is "Beholder small", and he can carry a shorty in his backpack all the time.

Ànd lo͢g͠i̛c ̢is ̕VE̶RY im͜p͟ort́a͏nt ̛in͞ ͟t̷h̷i͠s҉ ̛rùn͡.

Edit 2 - Re-rolled @Eudaemonium as gnome illusionist/thief, and @Anduin as necromancer, but lower dex/higher wis, so he could dual to cleric instead of thief. It's a nice combo with the two opposing magic schools.

Anduin: http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv294/KirisahSuns/Black Pits/Baldr068.png
    Eudaemonium: http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv294/KirisahSuns/Black Pits/Baldr067.png

New cast: http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv294/KirisahSuns/Black Pits/Baldr069.png

Post edited by KidCarnival on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @KidCarnival - I am interested, how are you going to roleplay a Lawful Good Paladin having a Lawful Evil familiar and a Chaotic Evil mummy companion. Altogether with an evil sexy naked Jester and a freaking MINDFLAYER of quite unknown alignment (a MF priest of Lathander, seriously?)

i.e- the party never makes it out of Candlekeep.
    btw- party-wise I would leave Southpaw the cleric as he is - a secondary tank. (Model it after his old man from RL=High wisdom, quite high strength and abysmal intelligence.)

Samus the Jester takes care of pickpockets and lore, Eudaemonium could stay as a gnome illusionist/thief for lockpicks and traps and Anduin a pure mummy necromancer.

...or swap altogether, making Eudaemonium a pure mage Conjuror, Anduid would pick up either a straight Cleric of Cauliflower or C/M and make the Mindflayer a F/T. oh god...sooo many options...
    (and this is why I played this game so much)
    @Samus: I got a non-green Elven Chain, if I don't change your paperdoll to "Drow Female" and just make it half elf with black skin, white hair, you'd still look pretty drow-ish - and show up in the inventory screen.

@Southpaw: Eye of Helm doesn't know why he has a familiar in the first place. A paladin shouldn't have one, the alignment mismatch isn't the biggest issue. I guess it's like... Sylar thinking he is Nathan Petrelli, or Locke not being aware of being the Smoke Monster. Eye of Helm isn't the sharpest sword on the coast, he doesn't realize what his companions really are. In 20 years, there should have been some signs giving him a clue that he is a Beholder, but alas... he has really, really bad eyes. :D
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @KidCarnival: But Locke wasn't the Smoke Monster. Locke was already dead and the Smoke Monster just took his form, because, well, Locke was an awesome character so they didn't want to get rid of his actor.
    @Eudaemonium: Oh yes, right... It's been a while since I watched Lost. It's Memory Loss Sylar Eye of Helm then.
    I would prefer a either pure Necromancer... OR cleric/mage (then shadowkeep me as a necromancer) multi... I like the idea of always becoming more powerful as a mage and the idea of controlling undead minions... With a Dual option, one of my classes is not going to get more powerful...

@Eudaemonium Yes... I saw a polar bear... But now I have seen a few episodes of lost... I believe I saw a black bear who had seen something scary... Like a walking corpse... Or something of similar ilk.
    @Anduin: I rather have 2 mages than 2 clerics, so I'd rather have you as Necromancer with no downtime from dualing. One option to change the party would be making @Southpaw Fighter/Cleric dual and SK the Lathander kit after that, but it's not really neccessary. With 5 PCs, we would rotate NPCs for roleplay and quests anyway and could get a frontliner sometimes. As it is, the party is pretty playable.

@Samus: I made you Neutral Good, because you usually play good parties; otherwise I'd say Neutral since you're travelling with good and evil folks, and didn't eat either side's brains. And being from the Underdark, you probably don't see Mindflayers or Beholders as THAT evil/scary because you're used to them (kinda like humans see bears - dangerous, but not OMG EVIL RUN!!! reaction). As bard, you're openminded toward surface dwellers because they provide you with tales you would not get in the Underdark; if nothing else, they'd have a novelty and entertainment factor.
    Anduin said:

I would prefer a either pure Necromancer... OR cleric/mage (then shadowkeep me as a necromancer) multi... I like the idea of always becoming more powerful as a mage and the idea of controlling undead minions... With a Dual option, one of my classes is not going to get more powerful...

@Eudaemonium Yes... I saw a polar bear... But now I have seen a few episodes of lost... I believe I saw a black bear who had seen something scary... Like a walking corpse... Or something of similar ilk.

I suggest we catch the walking corpse, hide it in a barn and play hide and seek with whoever is looking for the creature for a few months.
    Samus said:

By the way what alignment do you think suits @Samus best? I had this dilemma when creating my own NPC...

if based on the fact, that Samus is a drow Jester, then I'd suggest CN ( Chaotic Neutral )
    if judging from forum behaviour, then NEELT (Neutral Evil...End Like This?)
    edited May 2013
    I should have some time to start this run in the next 2 - 3 days. Still working on random popculture references, but I'm getting there.

ẀE҉ a҉r͠e͞ g͜ettin̸g̕ th̴er̶e.̨
    edited May 2013

Everyone, even the cauliflower, just stared at him.

This is the best thing I've read for days.

Anyway, I hope your Mind Flayer Cleric was built after it's RealLife counterpart.
    Which means : high Wisdom, high Strength and abysmal Intelligence & Charisma.
    (To be able to act as the healer and secondary tank in the group)

Upon dawn, as everyone was waking up and watching the awkward scene, where Imoen tried to hug the Eye of Helm, the party noticed a messenger stumbling across the camp, mumbling some random crap about flowers, iron crisis and unicorns. @Eudaemonium commented that scene with his usual "Simians! Stomping on my bedroll! I shoud turn them all to frogs...".

@Samus threw a puzzled look at the MindFlayer and asked "What happened to that guy?".

"Breakfast" he replied...
    edited May 2013
    Save the cheerleader. Save the world... But what is a cheerleader? Looks like a dancer... Save the dancer! Aaaagh! Madness... must... drink... last... potion... of clarity...

*gulp*

*Neural pathways do the Riverdance in @Anduin's brain... Many tiny tip taps are heard until finally...*

Must have had some other dimensional feedback with all this planar travel...

...Blanked out there for a minute though...

I know, I will just use my find familiar spell and summon Colin the Cauliflower. Paladin of Cauli, Faithful servant of the five a day.

Queen Ester was good to me lending her finest soldier to look after me. Colin will tell me what's happening...

*@Anduin waves arms in an arcane manner*

Hiya Colin! What happened, I blanked... Your not Colin!

No. I am iloccor-b. I am the natural evolution of your familiar. I am more powerful. More intelligent...

But... Your GREEN! You look like...

I'm an undead cauliflower... Just as you are an undead... err... collection of bandages. I am here to serve you in eternal undeath and to pass on a message...

You know not all undead creatures need to be green... Its actually a sign of bad hygiene... You've let yourself go if the rot sets in...

*sigh*

Look... Save the dancer... Save the world... And if you don't press the button... We're all doomed...
    edited May 2013
    @Southpaw: I think the mind flayer has 15 or 16 strength, but okay intelligence. There's a... umm, rather scary (to write) scenario in which Southpaw, to some degree, is Matt Parkman who has Eye of Helm's Identity Crisis Sylar half trapped in his mind. If you add a manipulative familiar, there should be complete and utter confusion who actually controls Eye of Helm. I think I'll lower the intelligence/charisma, increase the strength with the spare points and go for option two.

ASHIDEENA HELP FLAYER SMASH THINGS FOR ASGARD.

Just looked, Southpaw had 10 intelligence and charisma; I changed it to 8 int/6 char and added the points to strength (17 now) and dex/con (18 each now). Profs are sling and war hammer.

Also changed Eye of Helm's profs from Flail ++ to Katana ++. Guess I'll have to make due to with a +1 weapon - can't escape destiny and all.

@KidCarnival - I was a bit joking about being really stupid and ugly (at least I hope so). I am trying hard to not to powergame and I would not drop my characters stats below 10 anyway. A Mind Flayer cleric of mine that I intended to use as a secondary tank would be somewhere around 17/16/15/10/18/10 with stats. (86). If I had a better roll, I'd boost either constitution to 16 or just dump the remaining stats to intelligence. (If this was my CHARNAME, then probably into charisma)