Skip to content

[NonSequitur Roleplay Run] - It's not a party if you leave with all your teeth...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited May 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The result can only be entertaining.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Samus said:

Southpaw said:

Your familiar wants to have a familiar?
    Familiarception!

...we need to go deeper.

@Samus ponders what would happen if two familiars mated with one another.... *scribbles the idea in her journal and puts in swiftly in her back pack for future meditation*
    O_o;;;;;
    Samus said:

Southpaw said:

Familiarception!

...we need to go deeper.

@Samus ponders what would happen if two familiars mated with one another.... *scribbles the idea in her journal and puts in swiftly in her back pack for future meditation*
    If you are talking about @Anduin's familiars, the result would likely be sold next to Mashed Potatoes in a tavern...

Samus said:

Samus said:

Southpaw said:

Familiarception!

...we need to go deeper.

If you are talking about @Anduin's familiars, the result would likely be sold next to Mashed Potatoes in a tavern...

Imagine the possibilities!
    All I can come up with is both nutritious and somewhat moldy...

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited May 2013

Samus said:

Southpaw said:

Familiarception!

...we need to go deeper.

*Back in the @Anduin's Brain Cave*

...You thinking what I'm thinking?

...No...Ewww... Come on. No WAY! A Broccoli and a Cauliflower getting jiggy with it! No! No! No!

Relax. I was thinking about using the mushroom slaves... *wiggles eyebr... stalk in a suggestive manner*

Wasn't you worried about thrush and athletes foot earlier?

I think it's worth the risk...

Heya sexy Mushroom come to Mario...
    *Shakes pollen at Mushroom with large Cap*

Get off me you Jerk! *Cap squirts spores into Niloc's eyes*

Beautiful... Simply beautiful...

I hope your satisfied! That Mushroom has been cleaning this Brain Cave without compliant for, I don't know for how long... And now she has just ran out of @Anduin's ear!

...Oooh... I think I'm... Yes... I'm CROSS POLLINATED! Take over the controls for a bit... I'm going to let myself go to seed...

*grumble grumble*
    Post edited by Anduin on
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    *Sees a mushroom jump out of @Auduins ear*
    "Oh my gosh!"
    "Oh dear what happened to you, you poor little thing"
    It was horrible, he... he tried to pollinate me. *cries*
    "He did not! This is unacceptable! @anduin, YOUR CAULIFLOWER HAS ASSAULTED THIS POOR MUSHROOM AND I CANNOT LET THIS CONTINUE IF YOU CAN'T GET HIM IN LINE THEN I WILL KILL HIM!"
    @Southpaw, I think we really really need you to go Haitian on EVERYONE, otherwise half the party will kill the other half before we reach the Bandit Camp...
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @OneAngryMushroom I have not assaulted that Mushroom. IT jumped out of my ear...

*At the same time inside the Brain Cave...*

Do you think he believed us? *Ooh* ... I think he *Aah* Is on to us...

@OneAngryMushroom is one clever Ranger... He knows his botany... We could be in trouble... Are you ok?

Yep... *pant pant pant* Just one more... *huff huff huff* PUSH!

*A tiny seed lands inbetween the two vegetables...*

Awww... So cute... Lets call him Ignuf... It just seems right... Helloe lil Igy, Helloe helloe... whos a lovely little seed...

Oh. Great. This is a huge responsibilty! Who is going to plant it... water it... prune it... Your a single Cauliflower with a dream of godhood and now you have brought new life into the world without any thought or consideration of the CONSEQUENCES!

*Outside the Brain Cave*

You will not harm another mushroom EVER again! *@OneAngryMushroom clonks @Anduin around the head. Something else flies out of @Anduin's ear...*

Noooo! Taken away at such a tender age! We didn't even get a chance to put down roots together... Not fair... Not fair... *sob* I want to try again... I'd be a great Dad... *sob*

There there... Maybe it was just not meant to be...

Chapter 9: Return to Beregost

"I tell you, there are spiders in that house!" @OneAngryMushroom insisted, "And them being spiders means that they need to DIE. NOW. I'll be in and out before you know it!" "We can't just break into a house in broad daylight, in a town where we killed a stranger two days ago, just because you suspect there may be spiders in a house!" @Samus said. Sùs̀pect?̕ ̸Can̡'͜t̢ ͝yo͠u ͢he͞ar͢ ̀t҉h͟e s͢p̶id̷er͏s? Eyelar replied. "Hey, wait a second!" @Anduin, who may actually know the obscure reference I'm going to make next, stopped the beholder and the myconid from opening the door. "Spiders aren't exactly noisy, how can you hear them?!" The beholder smiled. B͟ad͞ èy̡eś,̡ ̛goo̸d̢ ͜éars, he said and pushed the door open to enter the house.
    When the mushroom and the beholder returned to the street, the myconid was wearing a necklace with the claws of a giant spider dangling from it. "Told you there are cooties inside", he said, shouldered his spear - the remains of a spider body still on it, and pointed down the road. "And now let's go find that Tranzig person." "Well, at least this doesn't count as murder", @Eudaemonium shrugged.

The group arrived at the Feldepost Inn in the early evening, this time with enough gold to afford the rooms. But the night was still young and there was more than just time to kill. "Remind me", @Southpaw asked. "Why are we going to kill that Tranzig guy again?" Samus pulled out her journal. "Let me look it up", she said, flipping through the pages. "Ah, here it is... He is... somehow involved in the iron crisis... and more importantly, he knew Mulahey, who we - you might remember - killed yesterday. So we better also kill Tranzig before he goes looking for Mulahey, finds a bloody mess and reports it to someone." "Makes sense", the mind flayer nodded. "Let's do it then."

The group went upstairs to search the rooms for their target. With a more than vague idea, it wasn't an easy task, but luck was on their side. Only two other rooms were occupied; one by a fat man who seemed to practise for a speech in front of a mirror and kept introducing himself to an invisible audience as Algernon. Since he was distracted, and the cloak on a chair near the door looked simply perfect for tricking a beholder into thinking it was time to sleep, Samus grabbed it and hid it in her backpack. This left only one option - the guy in the other room had to be Tranzig.

Evil Brain Man! We know who you are and that you try to change past! We will stop you! the beholder informed the man. "What?!" he asked. "I'm no 'evil brain man' nor do I try to change the past... Are you crazy?" Stop pretending! I see the truth! the beholder insisted. You are the time travelling stunt double of David Lee Roth and we will prevent California Girls cover at any cost! AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! Without explaining any of it, he attacked the stranger. Southpaw shrugged. "Whatever... We were going to kill him anyway", he said, grabbed his hammer and joined the attack.

When the man lay dead on the floor, Eudaemonium and Anduin began searching the room and the body, respectively. "That guy certainly had some nice stuff", Anduin said, holding a scroll and a wand. "And I know where he got it", Eudaemonium added. "Look, here's a bill from Thalantyr's Needful Things. According to the shipping papers, it's a store not far from here. Maybe we should take a look?"

----
    OneAngryMushroom and the spider body: I didn't get the quest, I just wanted to make a Falling Skies reference. Going to keep the dead spider in the inventory.
    Grabbed Algernon's Cloak.
    Killed Tranzig.
    Headed to High Hedge and whoa, good/high rep store prices... LE with average rep: Wizard Staff roughly 7K+. LG popular rep: 4200. So yeah, Anduin has a necromancer staff now; sold the quarterstaff +1 and probably selling the sling +1 too. Were 200 gold short of Wand of Sleep tho.
    Next chapter will cover our encounter with Melicamp and Bassilus.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Thalantyr's Needful Things...is that...is that a Stephen King reference?
    Southpaw said:

Thalantyr's Needful Things...is that...is that a Stephen King reference?

Yes. The others are:

OneAngryMushroom running off to kill spiders against the group's advice and wearing a spider claw necklace is a reference to Falling Skies, where Pope abandons the group to kill (8 legged) aliens and wears a necklace with alien claws. He also calls the aliens "cooties", everyone else calls them "skitters".
    Eye of Helm being able to hear spiders through the door: Sylar's ability of super hearing, the quote "Bad eyes, good ears" is from Weyoun (to Gul Dukat) in Deep Space Nine.
    Eye of Helm babbling random pop culture references is Heroes, when Hiro starts speaking in comic references only.

Clearly this familiar needs to learn something from the master, my pop culture reference radar are severely rusty. Or at least identifying their source is rusty.
    edited May 2013
    Let me see if I can make a FAQ/Reference Walkthrough... Sometimes I accidentally add references, for example I did not realize the Falling Skies aliens are 8-legged insectoids until I explained the reference... Oops.

Chapter 1:
    Anduin thinking he is on a spirit walk: Locke's walkabout, Lost
    Anduin wanting to push the button: Desmond, Lost
    Eye of Helm introducing himself as "Helm of Eye" and all: Hiro and the Japanese naming convention; only knowing he needs to save the dancer, but never actually meeting the "cheerleader"; Heroes
    Eudaemonium starting out as a coward (hiding in barrels and all), progressing to slight megalomania: the development of Daenerys from glorified slave to mother of dragons, Game of Thrones
    Eye of Helm's tick tock and being "hungry": Sylar's original ability, Heroes
    Anduin's numbers: Lost

Chapter 2:
    Southpaw's medical education: The Lollapalooza festival
    Man on the Lion's Way writing SOS with stones: Bernard in Lost
    Eye of Helm thinking the healing potion is Romulan Ale: Star Trek, obviously (minor: Spock and Sylar)
    Eye of Helm stopping time: Hiro's ability
    Eye of Helm introducing himself as Eyelar: obviously Sylar
    Anduin getting angry whenever someone mentions what can/can't be done: Locke freaking out in Lost
    Eudaemonium travelling in the backpack: The Dothraki riders/Khal Drogo, Game of Thrones
    Eudaemonium's introduction to Elminster: Daenerys Targaryen, First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea in Game of Thrones
    Eudaemonium saying he speaks Valyrian: what Daenerys tells the slaver, except it turned out a bit better for her (It's Dany and Edwin, after all...)
    Southpaw going Haitian: The Haitian's ability in Heroes to erase selected memories

Chapter 3:
    OneAngryMushroom: The Knights That Say Ni and a shrubbery, Monty Python's Holy Grail
    OneAngryMushroom: searching the One Ring, LotR
    Southpaw: Hulk
    Samus saying he shouldn't "drink" from the dead: most vampire movies; Anne Rice
    (In a way, Anduin moving slowly: Locke's backstory in Lost)

Chapter 4:
    Eye of Helm complaining about lack of cockroaches: Sylar (in season 1) being compared to one as "most adaptable lifeform" by Dr. Suresh
    Eye of Helm quoting bushido code: Hiro's code of honor
    Tavern Celebrity Game: obviously Drizzt and Wulfgar
    (Eyelar's body being the mayor of Nashkel: Sylar's body tricked into thinking he is Nathan Petrelli/US senator)

Chapter 5 / nothing new added

Chapter 6:
    Eyelar being angry about Samus saying they aren't special: Sylar's obsession to be special
    Neira babbling about 2 story shrubbery: Monty Python again
    Anduin freeing cauliflowers: slight Free Willy reference, lol

Chapter 7:
    Anduin stealing the statue: very obscure; "Actually, I stole her" is what Sisters of Mercy singer Andrew Eldritch said in an interview when asked how he got to work with Ofra Haza
    Eye of Helm wanting to stop "evil butterfly man": The nickname Hiro gave Samuel Sullivan
    Southpaw claiming to be an FBI agent after killing Zordal: Dexter
    Duke LaGuerta: Dexter's superior

Chapter 8:
    Anduin winning the lottery with his numbers: Hurley in Lost
    Eye of Helm saying "Future Me scares me" to Dorn: Hiro about his Future self
    Eye of Helm raging when hearing the name Greywolf: Sylar hating to be called his real name, Gabriel Gray
    Mulahey's book being bound in "skin" (at least to the veggies): the Necronomicon bound in human skin

Other:
    Varscona: Sylar's blue energy whatever power
    Stealing random, often useless powers: Sylar stealing powers he never uses later in the show
    Eyes of Truth: Sylar's ability to detect lies (though, more a coincidence from beholder paladin puns)
    Beholder using sword: the only stolen ability that somehow got rooted in Sylar's DNA is telekinesis
    And I just realized: In Falling Skies, Pope is the "6th Ranger", trope-wise; joining the main cast later, so that also fits OneAngryMushroom meeting the party. The survivors in FS are trying to gather supplies (weapons) when they run into Pope, our Oceanic 5 (ha ha!) were looking for food.
    @Samus: Yes, there appears to be a level mismatch... (Hey, Ra... Reminds me, I should add some Stargate to the mix.)
    Well, i actually did get most of those references, but the newer ones were eluding me. I fear I am falling behind in levels...
    @Eudaemonium: I try to use mostly things related to well known shows; I have no idea who has actually seen what. I'm tempted to add some more shows/catchphrases/running gags, if there's a chance someone notices. I know Anduin probably gets every obscure thing about Star Trek, but how about Stargate, Oz, The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, The 4400, Spartacus, Babylon 5...? (No Star Wars, I never got into it and the only idea would be a random "NPC, I am your father".)
    I guess that means @Eudaemonium will accidentally make a solar system explode at some point... ☼
    It was all according to my plan.

Also, I am possibly Anduin's father. Time travel may have been involved. Or maybe he's my father. Or maybe we are actually the same person, dispersed over the temporal spectrum by some catastrophic event the likes of which mere simians could not and would not wish to comprehend. I mean, what else would make me switch from illusionist to become a necromancer? O_o;;
    edited May 2013
    The simple fact that Delusionalist doesn't count as a mage kit...?

*quickly hovers away*

Edit: Hey, wait, that's stupid... You're in my backpack... THERE IS NO ESCAPE!

P̕͟A͘N͢͏I҉̷̀C̛͜
    edited May 2013
    Bwahahahahaha! (Simians.)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    And now something completely different. (Do some more Monty Python)