Skip to content

The Don't Ask Me Anything Thread

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

Shandyr said:

How do beholders reproduce?

Carefully, if they don't want to poke an eye out.

They want to poke an eye in *wink* *wink*
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Paulg said:

sir Coriander, i dare say you win.

I haven't looked closely because I like my teeth in my mouth, but I'm pretty sure Cori's not a sir.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    would you dance if i asked you to dance?

Oh. and, er...why doesn't Australia have cool names for their monetary denominations? no loonies, dimes, nickels or even yen or deutschmarks for us.

would you dance if i asked you to dance?

Probably, but not well.

• PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115

Paulg said:

sir Coriander, i dare say you win.

I haven't looked closely because I like my teeth in my mouth, but I'm pretty sure Cori's not a sir.
    thank you madam foley, i would not want to confuse genders of "blue background people". and Coriander, my apologies.
    Paulg said:

thank you madam foley,

Please, call me mistress.

Paulg said:

thank you madam foley,

Please, call me mistress.
    forgive me, "mistress" foley, lol.

You're old-fashioned.
    Awong124 said:

You're old-fashioned.

I guess I sort of walked into that one...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Shandyr said:

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Tiger, partly because when I eat enough of it, my bathroom leavings turn green and glow in the dark.

Sadly, I'm allergic to a number of milk products including ice cream, so I haven't had any for a long, long time. But if I was to indulge again, tiger, definitely.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Shandyr said:

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Tiger, partly because when I eat enough of it, my bathroom leavings turn green and glow in the dark.

Sadly, I'm allergic to a number of milk products including ice cream, so I haven't had any for a long, long time. But if I was to indulge again, tiger, definitely.

Tiger is indeed the best of the ice cream flavours. I don't think it sells much outside of Canada though.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    edited September 2013

Sadly, I'm allergic to a number of milk products including ice cream, so I haven't had any for a long, long time.

You don't have vegan ice cream in Canada? Really?

That's it!
    I was just about to ask @Coriander for the application info, but now I'd rather stay here in sunny and vegan-ice-cream-filled Italy :P
    alnair said:

You don't have vegan ice cream in Canada? Really?

We probably do, though it's never occurred to me to look for it. I sometimes have a soy ice-cream substitute, but it's not the same -- it's got a funky aftertaste -- and the flavour range at the places where I shop for groceries is very limited.
    Well, next time you happen to pass by Rome or its surroundings, just whistle and I'll show your tastebuds a good time :)
    (Meanwhile, you should be able to find Coconut Bliss and So Delicious quite easily)
    edited September 2013
    Awong124 said:

That really just sounds wrong...

Then it's in the right thread!
    (Edit: topic? discussion? whatever fancy-pants word you younglings are using nowadays...)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Did someone really threaten to kill trent over the bg:ee UI?
    Also, was it Shandyr?
    ajwz said:

Also, was it Shandyr?

if thats true, its probably best not tell us who made the threats. cause im sure there are people who would kill the threaten-er first! lol. fanatics go both ways.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    If you had to choose between a) continuous eating vast amounts of biltong, exceeding your digestive capabilities, b) working full-time as a professional responsible for distinguishing ghouls from ettercaps and d) witnessing awfully-acted renditions of Melissan's dialogue lines always and everywhere for your entire lifetime which would you choose and why?
    Any information thus anonymously provided will be used in further revisions of the universe and/or research work in the study of human fear patterns carried out by a subsidiary of @God, The Alien Fluffybunny Breeding Company Ltd.
    Also, it has to be noted that option c) floating in a HUGE boat with fruit bats and orangutans upon endless ocean is no longer available. The provider of this service irreversibly drowned. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    ajwz said:

Also, was it Shandyr?

Yes. And no.

In fairness, I believe they were kidding. Having said that, after making the threat, they added "I am NOT kidding", which I think is why it really got under my skin.

I was seriously upset about it for a good portion of yesterday (unlike Trent, who maintains a demeanour cooler than any cucumber I've ever met at all times.)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

Would you want your Hairdresser/barber fixing your plumbing, and conversely, would you want your plumber trying to cut your hair?

No.
    I really tried to find a punchline for this and came up totally blank. Sorry.
    Oh, I can think of a lot of punchlines for this setup!

First, let's assume the barber is cute.

That cute barber is very much welcome to work on my plumbing! Mmmm.

Now, about the plumber working on my hair: If the plumber was working on my chest hair with a set of clippers while the barber was working on my plumbing, then, yup, I could totally get into that.

If the plumber was going to cut the hair on my head, but would only use a number 8 clipper, which would leave me looking like I had a military buzz cut, well, maybe, but it would depend on just how cute that barber was, and just what he intended to do with my plumbing.

Oh, myyyy. I'm so embarrassed! I am a very bad, dirty boy!

Oh, myyyy. I'm so embarrassed! I am a very bad, dirty boy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSKkwzwdW4
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    edited September 2013
    What happens at your work place when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

Also, if image plus image equals image

then is it safe to infer that books can be dangerous for one's health?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

Shandyr said:

How do beholders reproduce?

Carefully, if they don't want to poke an eye out.

Spores. Watch it, you'll get an eyeful. Seriously.