Skip to content

The Don't Ask Me Anything Thread

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Night_Watch If this is a fanfiction, they go to bed together. As for your second question, of course they are... they give you IDEAS. And KNOWLEDGE. You know how those are frowned on in this world.
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    hey, why has this thread been so quiet?! i want to see more questions and smart ass answers. gerd-dernit.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Those times I've just babbled independent of questions have never seemed that well-received, so I'm just kicking back until someone asks me something. And by kicking back, I mean "being a bit of a jerk and rambling about avocadoes on other peoples' threads".
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    How do avocados reproduce? And can they cross-breed with beholders?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

Those times I've just babbled independent of questions have never seemed that well-received, so I'm just kicking back until someone asks me something. And by kicking back, I mean "being a bit of a jerk and rambling about avocadoes on other peoples' threads".

If I may, I believe this is due to people expecting witty commentary, rather than serious, debate-worthy, philosophical or intellectual topics.

If you really wanted to, I am sure you could turn this into a serious thread. Wouldn't that then defeat the purpose of the smartarse-and-in-no-way-serious commentary that it seems to be set up with?

I, for one, would welcome your insight into everything natural, unnatural, organic, mechanical, or technological, futuristic or historical.

Speaking of which: if you had access to time travel, what would you do with it?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @AndrewFoley Is it true you once tested your theory of time travel by folding space time, using a tumble dryer set to 1500rpm, a piece of string and a paperclip?

And did the cat ever return or is it stuck in a state of quantucked?
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Speaking of cats, do you agree that they're our benevolent overlords but they simply don't need us to know?
    alnair said:

Speaking of cats, do you agree that they're our benevolent overlords but they simply don't need us to know?

@alnair, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    What makes you think they're benevolent?
    @AndrewFoley, @Autequi, @alnair,

At one point, I had 22 cats. They were benevolent enough to give me one hour of rest a day. :D
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Why are balls round?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @AndrewFoley

A little personality goes a long way and is endearing and engaging and can be interesting. Just keep it professional. Like in this craazy video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq33tXCB6y8
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    edited September 2013
    @AndrewFoley
    I read on your Wikipedia article* that you went to art school? So could you Baldurize this photo of me?

photo hag_zpse60c7322.jpg

*Not that I'm stalking anyone or anything.

PS I'd like it about 63% BG1 and 37% BG2. But the background should be kinda Icewind Dale-ish, but you know not too Heart of Winter.
    Autequi said:

@AndrewFoley
    I read on your Wikipedia article* that you went to art school? So could you Baldurize this photo of me?

I did go to art college, yes. Graduated with Distinction from the Alberta College of Art's Drawing Program (the distinction was that I wore a table-cloth with the word "HEROIC" stenciled on the back of it as a cape to my graduation ceremony.)

One of the big things I discovered early in college -- I believe it was Day Three -- was that there is that there are lots of people who can craft commercial art far better than I could ever hope to, and it's best for everyone involved if I leave such things to them.

I still love painting -- though I don't get to do it as much as I'd like anymore -- but on my best day I was more Marc Chagall than Nat Jones. My technique for painting is to keep slapping paint on until something I don't think sucks shows up, then stop and declare the work finished. Producing art to someone else's specifications? I doubt I could pull it off to a client's satisfaction, and I'm dead certain I'd be miserable trying to, so... no. I can't Baldurize your photo. Sorry.

Anduin said:

@AndrewFoley Is it true you once tested your theory of time travel by folding space time, using a tumble dryer set to 1500rpm, a piece of string and a paperclip?

IT'S NOT A THEORY. IT WORKS.

• PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    gahhh, the paradoxes are mounting!!! Andrew is his own father! he is his own private tutor! his own financial advisor! the question really is.... how many Andrew Foleys are there?! and can he save john connor from the machines?!!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @Paulg More importantly, can he save John Connor from further Terminator franchise films?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Corvino Too late... a reboot is already being produced...
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I am my own financial advisor and I keep telling myself to spend money I don't have.
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    Why ? ... there's your question :p and before you reply i ll ask why because ?
    If @AndrewFoley is his own private tutor that makes him an autodidact. That's one of my favorite words.
    An autodidact I am not. I rarely learn anything from anyone, much less myself. If I did, I doubt I'd have spent as long as I did trying to become a professional writer.
    Touche, sir. Well rebutted.