Skip to content

The Don't Ask Me Anything Thread

Comments

• PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    hello all, tomarrow is my birthday, and i want some more to read on this thread for tomorrow. *snap snap* get to it. that is all.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

Don't be a sucker: never headbutt a porcupine.

No one wants to end up like this.
  • ChinookUTChinookUT Member Posts: 32

While we're at it, let's not forget the words of the ever-wise Portalbendarwinden: "Ehhh... insights? Um... Never take raisins from rabbits, never spit in a man's face unless his moustache is on fire, and don't take any wooden knickers unless you've a good supply of salve."
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    If one must never headbutt porcupines... Is it ok to headbutt pines?

I hope you have a happy birthday and rejoice in the fact that you've managed to survive, scratching some sort of existence out of another year as you stave off the inevitability that is your own demise and many moooooore...

ha! thanks for the birthday wishes, and i shall endeavor to avoid porcupines altogether! lol
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @paulg happy birthday
    meagloth said:

@paulg happy birthday

hey, thanks!

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Miniature giant space hamsters.....
    ice weasel
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Squirrels! Quick Boo, throw nuts!

So I'm sitting here in my armour bikini, waiting for the latest iteration of BG2EE to download, which is taking its time. And I think to myself, "Self, you are a handsome, handsome man, and you are in serious need of some vasoline." So I took myself down to the local Vasoline Emporium ("Serving All Your Vasoline Needs For A Disturbingly Long Time") and I says to them, I says, I says, "Hey guy. I could use some vasoline." And the guy looks at me and he says, "Boy, could you." Which I thought was a little out of line, but I'm not going to start an argument when I'm chafing, not when the argument's with a guy who can provide a little relief. So I just said, "Yeah, so like, give me some?" And he did. And then I came back to the office, and I used the Vasoline, and I went back to my workstation, where the download was stuck on the same 99.6% it's been on for the last, oh, I don't know, hour or so, and everyone who might be able to do something to fix this is out to lunch, and I think to myself, "Hey, I haven't written anything on my forum thread for awhile. I should really do that."

I'm drawing a blank on this one... Nothing comes to mind.

Post pictures?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Troodon80 said:

So I'm sitting here in my armour bikini, waiting for the latest iteration of BG2EE to download, which is taking its time. And I think to myself, "Self, you are a handsome, handsome man, and you are in serious need of some vasoline." So I took myself down to the local Vasoline Emporium ("Serving All Your Vasoline Needs For A Disturbingly Long Time") and I says to them, I says, I says, "Hey guy. I could use some vasoline." And the guy looks at me and he says, "Boy, could you." Which I thought was a little out of line, but I'm not going to start an argument when I'm chafing, not when the argument's with a guy who can provide a little relief. So I just said, "Yeah, so like, give me some?" And he did. And then I came back to the office, and I used the Vasoline, and I went back to my workstation, where the download was stuck on the same 99.6% it's been on for the last, oh, I don't know, hour or so, and everyone who might be able to do something to fix this is out to lunch, and I think to myself, "Hey, I haven't written anything on my forum thread for awhile. I should really do that."

I'm drawing a blank on this one... Nothing comes to mind.

Post pictures?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @AnrewFoley you are a GOD! sorry @God, but AndrewFoley it the real God!!
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Mommas, don't let your sons grow up to be gametesters.

Or your daughters, for that matter.
    edited November 2013

Mommas, don't let your sons grow up to be gametesters.

Or your daughters, for that matter.

If I were a games tester, I'd probably be grey by now. Aside from age and stress doing that already, I mean.

Edit... somewhat relevant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RePtDvh4Yq4
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Well, I have an hypothetical question that nobody answered, How many energy would you need to reverse entropy, if possible?? Or, have you played PS:T??? Answer the one you find easier :P
    CrevsDaak said:

Well, I have an hypothetical question that nobody answered, How many energy would you need to reverse entropy, if possible??

More than I've got, but given that I've barely got enough to drag my carcas out of bed everyday, that's not saying much. This might also be why I've yet to play PS:T.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Well, PS:T is amazing (you should play it, its nice) and the reversion of entropy generates more entropy(loss of energy or negative energy), to be shorter, it is impossible to reverse entropy. And hell, yeah, waking up each day is difficult, today I was yawning the whole day.
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    Dear Mr. Foley,

Are you very fond of fondue?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2013
    CrevsDaak said:

Well, PS:T is amazing (you should play it, its nice) and the reversion of entropy generates more entropy(loss of energy or negative energy), to be shorter, it is impossible to reverse entropy. And hell, yeah, waking up each day is difficult, today I was yawning the whole day.

Multivac begs to disagree about the impossibility of reversing the enthropy of the Universe. (let's see if anyone gets the reference) ;)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @AndrewFoley Are you trypophobic? i.e. does this image disturb you? image

(I warn anybody- do not google this term as it leads to some very NSFW and disturbing images, including a hoax email where they crossed a lotus seed pod (seen above) with a woman's naked breast and claimed it was a larval infestation. You have been warned and your stomach will thank me, not to mention your subconscious.)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    @LadyRhian That does disturb me. As for the hoax you mentioned, I've encountered and researched it before. The picture you were referring to was definitely doctored, but the maggots in the breast thing actually happened to a woman in Africa. So the story behind the image was a true story, but the image was fake.
    @Awong124 Strangely enough, the image isn't disturbing to me- not on a phobic level. I think the worst image I saw in this regard was a woman with severe stretch marks after pregnancy- but it wasn't the pitting in the skin that made me uneasy, it was thinking about WHY her skin was like that. :P
    There was also that "tree-man" video, about the man with Epidermodysplasia Verruciformus. I found that somewhat more disturbing, but still in a less than phobic way.
    LadyRhian said:

Are you trypophobic?

It didn't until I did exactly what you said not to do and researched it.

Really, the images don't disturb me, or if they do, it's the sort of disturbing that inspires me to seek more and really deal with my own discomfort and morbid fascination. I had a similar reaction when I found out people posted videos of their boils being lanced on youtube. I'm not entirely convinced my reaction is entirely down to a desire to procrastinate. I'm supposed to be writing a screenplay right now and instead I'm investigating trypophobia. What the hell is wrong with me?

Rhetorical question, folks. If I really want an answer, my parents-in-law only live a few blocks from here. :)

Autequi said:

Dear Mr. Foley,

Are you very fond of fondue?

I'm fond of most things that involve melted cheese. Frying and chocolate fondues I'm lukewarm on.