Skip to content

The Don't Ask Me Anything Thread

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

LadyRhian said:

Are you trypophobic?

It didn't until I did exactly what you said not to do and researched it.

Really, the images don't disturb me, or if they do, it's the sort of disturbing that inspires me to seek more and really deal with my own discomfort and morbid fascination. I had a similar reaction when I found out people posted videos of their boils being lanced on youtube. I'm not entirely convinced my reaction is entirely down to a desire to procrastinate. I'm supposed to be writing a screenplay right now and instead I'm investigating trypophobia. What the hell is wrong with me?

Rhetorical question, folks. If I really want an answer, my parents-in-law only live a few blocks from here. :)

For some reason I was looking up "abscesses" on YouTube a couple of weeks ago as well. Saw some gigantic pimples being popped with gallons of pus oozing out.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @mlnevese hey, you read Asimov too!! I liked that story a lot, I read it like ten times. But my favorite is "Profession" and the book "Fahrenheit 451". But I cannot remeber the name of THAT story, where everybody asks "is entropy reversible?" to Multivac, then to the Idon'tknowwhatVAC and to the intergalacticVAC, then a multidimensionalVAC discovers how to reverse entropy (after humanity died off), and says something like "the light must be".
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2013
    @CrevsDaak It's either "The last question" or "The last answer". I'm always confusing those two :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    @mlneve Its "The Last Question", I've checked in another book (I have one book with tales from Asimov, but I never realized it said TOME I and I think that it is on the TOME II, which I'll have to buy).
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Mr. Foley, do these forum goers still surprise you with their clever questions?
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    yay! one week from tomorrow!!!!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    @Dee should prepare for launch day by donning the cursed armour of missile attraction.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited November 2013
    How do you assume someone's a woman on the internet?? Shouldn't it be the opposite: even if someone claims to be a woman, you must assume he's not.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    girl: guy in real life :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

girl: guy in real life :)

Just like baldurs gate...
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

How do you assume someone's a woman on the internet?? Shouldn't it be the opposite: even if someone claims to be a woman, you must assume he's not.

Heterosexual wishful thinking when seeing cute avatars? (or cute names in the case of Dee).

Quite wishful, for sure :D
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    *koff* "Overhaul has added another character on top of the three returning entries: the Thief Hexxat. Out of the new additions, her story had to be my favorite, though all of the character’s story lines and interactions are beautifully written and well voice-acted." *koff*

http://questgamingnetwork.mymiddleearth.com/2013/11/14/review-baldurs-gate-2-enhanced-edition/
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    That is like great and, um stuff.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

I don't know who set it up, but when I came in to work today, both my monitors had a giant countdown clock going on them.

Naturally, I ran across the office and dived behind the couch, anticipating an imminent explosion. None came. Then I realized there was still 8 hours left on the countdown and it was just for the BG2EE release. I won't say I'm disappointed, but it would've been pretty cool if my computer had exploded just as I dived behind the couch.

Not so cool that someone was trying to kill me in real life, which I'm semi-anticipating, but still. I think most office jobs, even the best office job, which is basically what I've got, could be improved by the occasional exploding computer.

Also, I don't know how I did it, but I'm pretty sure I sprained my ear when I dived behind the couch.

Anyway. Enjoy the game, people. I will see you on the other side. Or mid-way through. Or possibly still on this side. It's going to be a weird day. I've got chest pains. That can't be good.

Just steer clear of the servers and any IT folk that walk the halls when it reaches zero. Those may still explode at zero.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

Not so cool that someone was trying to kill me in real life, which I'm semi-anticipating, but still.

Oh please, Mr Foley, everyone loves you. Everyone. Someone even set up a website for a couple days because of said love, admiration, and devotion, where others could send in their own messages of love, admiration, and devotion. Too bad they all went to some unknown character by the name of Fowley. Still, why would you be anticipating that anyone would want to kill you?

I don't know who set it up, but when I came in to work today, both my monitors had a giant countdown clock going on them.

Naturally, I ran across the office and dived behind the couch, anticipating an imminent explosion. None came. Then I realized there was still 8 hours left on the countdown and it was just for the BG2EE release. I won't say I'm disappointed, but it would've been pretty cool if my computer had exploded just as I dived behind the couch.

Not so cool that someone was trying to kill me in real life, which I'm semi-anticipating, but still. I think most office jobs, even the best office job, which is basically what I've got, could be improved by the occasional exploding computer.

Also, I don't know how I did it, but I'm pretty sure I sprained my ear when I dived behind the couch.

Anyway. Enjoy the game, people. I will see you on the other side. Or mid-way through. Or possibly still on this side. It's going to be a weird day. I've got chest pains. That can't be good.

8 hours? is it coming a day early?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    I know only what I see on http://baldursgateii.com/

Which says 7:20 at the moment, and counting down...
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    It is launching on the 15th - Austrailia time. Srsly.

#BG2EE For the first time in history, Australians aren't going to get a raw deal when it comes to release dates. http://t.co/qzQNU7Z3WD

— Phillip Daigle (@daigledopple) November 14, 2013
    Holy shit, that's tonight at 2. I was expecting a NA launch, i.e. saturday here.
    7:00 P.M. here. wish I were in California so I have more time to play tonight :(
    edited November 2013
    In my country it will launch on 14th at evening :P Love it.
    3:43 hours to go! Whohooo!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    CrevsDaak said:

I wouldn't exactly call 23:00 evening.

Wonder if I'll get time to download it at 11...

Then there's EE Keeper to upload...
    Troodon80 said:

CrevsDaak said:

I wouldn't exactly call 23:00 evening.

Wonder if I'll get time to download it at 11...

Then there's EE Keeper to upload...
    21:30 isn't evening through, but still no 23:00 :P
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Cerevant said:

It is launching on the 15th - Austrailia time. Srsly.

#BG2EE For the first time in history, Australians aren't going to get a raw deal when it comes to release dates. http://t.co/qzQNU7Z3WD

— Phillip Daigle (@daigledopple) November 14, 2013

Bollocks, I wish I'd read this sooner, I'd have got me arse into gear and placed my order on Wednesday. Strewth!