Skip to content

The Don't Ask Me Anything Thread

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

meagloth said:

I'm just glad to see this thread is back.

This thread never dies. People just run out of questions from time to time.

So… where's the center of the universe? :'D
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited September 2014

I'd be lying if I said this base betrayal of Canadian pronunciation, *in my own mind*, no less, didn't make me a little sad.

What are the chances that we can trick convince the team into creating to create a proper English an English/Canadian-English conversion?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Anduin, I'd ask for a Anglish or Ænglisc conversion, but that might be pushing it. :-)
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Who die and make someone a king / queen?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    kaguana said:

Who die and make someone a king / queen?

Anduin. Made himself king.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    All hail Anduin, mummy-king of Azeroth!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Anduin‌ Hmmm what do you have to say for yourself ?????
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455

elminster said:

is it pronounced Adventure "Zee" or "Zed"? :p

Though I'm mostly at peace with the idea that the bulk of the audience for what I write is from the US and try to adjust spelling in the scripts accordingly, I'd be lying if I said this base betrayal of Canadian pronunciation, *in my own mind*, no less, didn't make me a little sad.
    Ninja please

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/3663/where-are-people-that-play-baldurs-gate-mostly-from#latest
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Antarctica? Why don't you leave the penguins alone?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

elminster said:

is it pronounced Adventure "Zee" or "Zed"? :p

Depends on who's saying it, though internally it's usually referred to by its actual title. As I reflected on it, I realized that in my own head I was pronouncing it "zee". Though I'm mostly at peace with the idea that the bulk of the audience for what I write is from the US and try to adjust spelling in the scripts accordingly, I'd be lying if I said this base betrayal of Canadian pronunciation, *in my own mind*, no less, didn't make me a little sad.

What is the actual title of Adventure Zed?
    and if you are not going to tell me...
    Which staff member would likely slip up and tell me the actual title of Adventure Zed?

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited September 2014
    Edit: Nevermind
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Just a technical note: Chances are, nobody is going to see us do more than 6 NPCs in the party. It's too technically painful, and would require a significant rework of far too many core systems.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    edited September 2014
    @LiamEsler - But we all love you so much. :D

*Looks up at a different post.* ICEWIND DALE 3?! HALF-LIFE 3 IS CONFIRMED! Just kidding.
    Post edited by SapphireIce101 on
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    "Hey, we didnt have slavery, murderous bandits ambushing us in a large city, insta-kill death magic or orcs back in the 80s, but we knew how to hate those dirty gays! Stop shoving the Gay Agenda in my face by having 100% optional gay content in your game!"

Its a peculiar moment when you wake up and realize you are definately and substantially intoxicated from the previous night. Like, 'wut u doin sherry baby??'