Skip to content

The Don't Ask Me Anything Thread

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @AndrewFoley, I assume there were no exploding computers?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Troodon80 said:

Not in the literal sense. Figuratively? The Hexxat character/story/response blew up in ways I hadn't anticipated. I'm going to be processing that one for some time, I think.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i just came from that thread too :)

Troodon80 said:

Not in the literal sense. Figuratively? The Hexxat character/story/response blew up in ways I hadn't anticipated. I'm going to be processing that one for some time, I think.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    What section of bg2:ee did you most enjoy writing/were most pleased with?
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    how do u feel about the response to the new NPCs?

do you feel extra pressure when your writing new content for such a well regarded game?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Speaking of being a female on the internet, you can see a picture of me here: http://ladyrhianwriter.deviantart.com

I'm only "LadyRhianwriter" there because there were already a few LadyRhians on the site, but none of them were also writers. :D

And my real email address is LadyRhianataol.com. :)
    edited December 2013
    wow thanks for the in depth reply much more then I was expecting. I appreciate that you took the time to wright it. I can imagine the forums could probably be pretty harrowing experience at times.

honestly no one expects you to please everyone all the time, all anyone asks is that you please them all the time
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    COMPLETELY unrelated, but how was working with Fred Van Lente? Is he as funny in real life as he is as a writer?
    thank you that was a brilliant post
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Hey, how about socks, huh?
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

Hey, how about socks, huh?

methinks colorful socks are underrated, especially with a nice suit, not many guys I know are willing to throw out the boring black and dark blue
    Thanks for the response! I was a big fan of his work on Action Philsophers and with Marvel on Hercules.

I look forward to checking out some of your comic work as well after playing the game. You mentioned that much of it was not available in retail. Where would I be able to purchase some? I don't want to download it illegally :p
    That Baeloth is awesome. I like the Dorn one and Rasaads tatoo.
    Neera looks like the courtesan from the Bridge District going through a Goth phase in high school
    edited December 2013
    wow I would have loved to have that lego afro in my collection when I was a kid
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @AndrewFoley here is Wilson the Bear!!
    And congrats to @PhillipDaigle for giving awesome gifts!!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited December 2013
    CrevsDaak said:

That looks nothing like Wilson. It's just a regular bear. Are you implying all bears look the same to you, you bear racist?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    ajwz said:

CrevsDaak said:

That looks nothing like Wilson. It's just a regular bear. Are you implying all bears look the same to you, you bear racist?
    Paaaaaint hiiiim!!!!!! No, I am not racist. I only tend to kill racist people but just that do not matters.
    And bears tend to look the same, exept for IDK how many millions things starting with their genes and finishing with cheese.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,735
    mlnevese said:

Why do we have so many necromancers in this forum? I'm really surprised we're not fighting a horde of undead by now... :)

Well, a thread-necromancy is the way to see some old threads for newbies and for those who at that time for one reason or another missed those threads. It's a useful thing especially if the threads of old are good. And this one is excellent. For i.e., I somehow missed this thread completely in the past and now has been able to read @AndrewFoley‌ 's answers only now. Better late than never :)

I often summon old threads in order new forum members not only see them but post their opinions. An interesting subject sometimes needs some time to be actual again xD
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Undead I say! :)
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    So my moderator friends! We need to ask the wise man some questions! ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,735
    edited July 2014
    And here goes my question: What would you have liked to be if you weren't a writer on computer games? @AndrewFoley‌