Skip to content

The Don't Ask Me Anything Thread

Comments

• PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    hehe, he "butt-ed" once..... then he "Rebutted".. heh... i need to grow up.... after playing BGII maybe.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @autequi that is awesome. I think that last on is an avenger.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I think the last one is Femmie, the Illusionist: with an illusion of stripes and squares she is hiding she's really a very good looking woman.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    Is the road to v1.2 paved with yellow brick? If so, which dev is Dorothy?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Autequi said:

Is the road to v1.2 paved with yellow brick? If so, which dev is Dorothy?

Yes. Not sure about Dorothy. Lot of flying monkeys around at the moment, though.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Anduin There are days I feel that removing my brain would definitely be an improvement... :)
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    @AndrewFoley what movies will you be seeing at the cinema this winter? I assume enders game because Harrison ford will be old man Indian Jones, but anything else on your radar?
    mlnevese said:

@Anduin There are days I feel that removing my brain would definitely be an improvement... :)

If there were someplace else to put it, getting out of my body would almost certainly be a good thing for MY brain. Then again, I'm speaking right now as someone with a killer sinus infection. It's been making the rounds of the office, where it has acquired a name: The Philness.
    Anduin said:

So far.

No cat.

Keep watching. THe cat will come, when you least expect it.

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Cats always come when you least expect. It's not stuck, its mustering an army of tachyons and will take over the world when it comes out.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    @andrewfoley you did say it wasn't going to be funny, and that was quite the post! I just watched star trek into darkness last weekend. My wife and I loved this is the end, and iron man 3 was fun. We Netflix (DVDs) a lot because between kids and work, catching a newer release is easier when we can do it at home. We may go catch rush or gravity one of these coming weekends, and plan on Thor and The Hobbit as well.

Anyway, thanks for the response, you seem like a cool cat!
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    Everytime we go to the theater (which is admittedly only once or twice a year) it's strangely not very crowded, so the audience gets their pick of seats. I haven't heard cell phones go off, but sometimes a toddler starts fussing in the middle of Two Guns or some other completely inappropriate movie.

ObQuestion: who takes a preschooler to an R-rated movie??
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    edited October 2013
    Why is 1 + 1 11?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Not trying to push a brand here, but an Everyman cinema has just opened close to me, and it's a big change from most cinemas.

Tickets are more expensive, but this means kids don't go so it's quiet in screenings. Just about every seat is a 2-person sofa with a footrest and a table for drinks instead of a cupholder. And you can get olives and other grown-up nibbles as well as popcorn, and beer to boot. They even do screenings of cult films *sigh*.

There's also an independent cinema near where I used to live that avoided the usual drawbacks. They only did 1-2 screenings per day but had a lovely old restored cinema (from the 20s, I think) and just showed the best film out at the time daily with the basic refreshments done well.

I loathe sticky-floored multiplexes with their tacky carpeting, overpriced cokes and roving gangs of dead-eyed adolescents. I was pleased to see that alternatives exist. Now if only we could convince studios that big dumb blockbusters were not the only type of film worth making...
    edited October 2013
    Dumb blockbusters aren't the only type at all. Where I go, there's no blockbusters at all and no-one phoning during the movie. But it's an arthouse-cinema. What's needed it's not more quality movies, they're there, but more arthouse cinema's. And great movies are made in Europe! If Hollywood would disappear, there won't be a lack of good movies at all.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I almost never watch movies in the theater. I'd rather be comfortable and pay less watching them at home.
    edited October 2013
    Funny thing is, I don't have the patience sit through a whole movie at home, only in theaters when I am forced to have the patience to watch a movie in it's totally at once.

Actually, not so funny at all. At least not as funny as when @AndrewFoley answers a question. So here's one:

How many Buddha's does it take to enlighten Steam? And can I put DRM on my paper towels, so nobody else but me can use them?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Is the curvature of the humble banana related to the epic curvature in space time?
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i cant even sit through a movie because i need to be actively doing something. i bore easily just watching something. this is why i like games, and rpgs especially.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I love movies. They let me escape my otherwise dreary existence...
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    What is your favorite commercial of all time?