Skip to content

The Don't Ask Me Anything Thread

Comments

• dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    Will you be my bodyguard and can I be your long lost pal?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    demented said:

Will you be my bodyguard and can I be your long lost pal?

That depends. Is your name Betty?

LadyRhian said:

@AndrewFoley

Loonie or Toonie?

The twonie's an impressive looking coin, but the loonie's called a loonie, so it wins my heart.
    Wiggles said:

deltago said:

I heard he is a fan and is rewriting the entire BGII script to reflect the canonization of the novels. I wonder if this is true AND I wonder which forum member will kill him first for it?

"Grab your torches and pitchforks here! $5 for a torch and $15 for a pitchfork! Come one; come all to the annual Hunt the Foley! First to run him through gets a promote!!!" :D
    Well, people were talking about wanting some Baldur's Gate merchandise...

Anduin said:

If you cross a Gnome with a Dwarf, do you get a Gnarf or a Dwome?

Can we put one in BG3?

Also will BG3 be enhanced?

1. Whatever you call it, it's an abomination in the eyes of Ao.

2. Sure! I'm assuming you have the 20 million or so dollars it'll take to get the rights and do the development?

3. Yes, but only 15 years after it's released.

what are your thoughts on the BG novels?

Honestly, I haven't read them. There's a rumour the office has copies, but I've never been able to find them.

They, uh, don't seem to have been terribly well-received, but I really would like to know what the official canon version of events was, now that Murder in Baldur's Gate has more or less confirmed some form of BG1/2/ToB actually "happened".
    deltago said:

Lindeblom said:

what are your thoughts on the BG novels?

I think you broke him with this one!!!
    I heard he is a fan and is rewriting the entire BGII script to reflect the canonization of the novels. I wonder if this is true AND I wonder which forum member will kill him first for it?
    My last post notwithstanding, this is TOTALLY true.

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Does the team developing BG3 consist of trained penguins? If so, is that the reason it never got done?
    I CAN TASTE THE MUSIC
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    What does music taste like?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Is Xan correct in his assumption We're all doomed?

Or

Is Minsc correct in his assumption that we... like all heroes; such as you, Boo and I. Especially Hamsters and rangers everywhere, should in fact, be rejoicing?

And is the word assumption, a little like the word consumption, but with more ass in it?
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

I CAN TASTE THE MUSIC

Adding you to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_synesthesia because this is a PROOF!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Deefje said:

What does music taste like?

I bet its strawberries. Is it strawberries?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Depends on the music obviously.
    Anduin said:

Is Xan correct in his assumption We're all doomed?

Or

Is Minsc correct in his assumption that we... like all heroes; such as you, Boo and I. Especially Hamsters and rangers everywhere, should in fact, be rejoicing?

They're both right. We're all doomed; it's time to party.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Paulg said:

ive heard you can bash out the core of one of them (loonie or toonie) and send it in for a replacement. true or false? plus i have a canadian 5$ bill, ive had foerver. mabe someday, it will be better than a american 5$ bill! lol

It is illegal to destroy a twonie. It is illegal to do anything with it other than buy things. The Canadian Mint does not want anyone else to experience the guilty pleasure of burning money. They look too much like pesos anyways. The glow in the dark quarter is the superior coin.

You say you've had that $5 forever? Does that $5 bill have children playing hockey? Then you have not had it forever. You should upgrade it to one with space robots. It's better than the American $5 bill because it has space robots on it.
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    Coriander said:

Paulg said:

ive heard you can bash out the core of one of them (loonie or toonie) and send it in for a replacement. true or false? plus i have a canadian 5$ bill, ive had foerver. mabe someday, it will be better than a american 5$ bill! lol

It is illegal to destroy a twonie. It is illegal to do anything with it other than buy things. The Canadian Mint does not want anyone else to experience the guilty pleasure of burning money. They look too much like pesos anyways. The glow in the dark quarter is the superior coin.

You say you've had that $5 forever? Does that $5 bill have children playing hockey? Then you have not had it forever. You should upgrade it to one with space robots. It's better than the American $5 bill because it has space robots on it.
    sir Coriander, i dare say you win. on all points apparently. cant destroy the money, the glow in the dark quarter is obviously superior, i apparently have NOT had that 5$ bill forever, and space robot 5$ bills does sound more appealing. so, as i said. you win!

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I have a Canadian $2 bill somewhere. With Queen Liz on it (And looking like she did in the 50's or thereabouts). I also have a Bahamanian $1 bill, with a literal ocean of fish on the back of it. And many American $2 bills (if 2="many"). I also have a Sacagawea dollar, the Eisenhower Dollar, and some Susan B. Anthony dollars.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    How come if this is "Don't ask me anything" you answer questions posted here?

(Alternatively, if this line of thought displeases you, you are free to treat the text as "I like turtles.")
  • prem0nitionprem0nition Member Posts: 65
    Would you want your Hairdresser/barber fixing your plumbing, and conversely, would you want your plumber trying to cut your hair?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/357170/#Comment_357170 - Context is for the weak!
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    LadyRhian said:

I have a Canadian $2 bill somewhere. With Queen Liz on it (And looking like she did in the 50's or thereabouts). I also have a Bahamanian $1 bill, with a literal ocean of fish on the back of it. And many American $2 bills (if 2="many"). I also have a Sacagawea dollar, the Eisenhower Dollar, and some Susan B. Anthony dollars.

I still have a few Canadian $2 bills, and I think I have one US $2 bill.
    Sometimes you write a line you know you should just cut because it's never going to get past the higher-ups. And sometimes you don't cut that line, just to make sure the higher-ups are on their toes.

In other news, this may be the greatest kickstarter project of all time: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/notfound/staring-at-the-camera?ref=banner
    Kaltzor said:

How come if this is "Don't ask me anything" you answer questions posted here?

I'm Canadian and my understanding is that, as a Canadian, I am required by law to act polite.

I also am powerless to resist any opportunity to goof off. Gods help us all if I ever win an award (HIIIIIIINT :) ).
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

Sometimes you write a line you know you should just cut because it's never going to get past the higher-ups. And sometimes you don't cut that line, just to make sure the higher-ups are on their toes.

Did you try including a line where Charname asks Imoen if he can put it in her butt? After he finds out she's his sister of course.

Would you want your Hairdresser/barber fixing your plumbing, and conversely, would you want your plumber trying to cut your hair?

No.

I really tried to find a punchline for this and came up totally blank. Sorry.