Skip to content

The Don't Ask Me Anything Thread

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @smeagolheart Yeah you totally shouldn't it would be breaking your NDA...
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    pixie359 said:

Paulg said:

"What is better than the best of things, worse than the worst of things, you love it more than life, and fear it more than death, the rich have need of it and the poor have it in endless supply"?

Hmmm. That is a tough one. Is the answer cake...? I'm gonna go with cake.

I thought the answer was 'nothing'.
    Damn. I was sure it was cake.
    The cake is a lie.
    yes the cake is a lie! and its ok to be wrong andrew, heck, we expect it now!

• SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Well, I wasn't going to ask anything, but I was going to offer to bake a pie instead. But then I'd realize I'd have to ask which type of pie is preferable, and that would be a question. Since it would be awkward and hurtful to bake a pie that no one ends up liking, I will bake no pie at all.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Sylph said:

Well, I wasn't going to ask anything, but I was going to offer to bake a pie instead. But then I'd realize I'd have to ask which type of pie is preferable, and that would be a question. Since it would be awkward and hurtful to bake a pie that no one ends up liking, I will bake no pie at all.

This thread has cost me pie, and for that, I will never forgive it.
    no cake AND no pie?! what are we going to do now?!!!
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Paulg said:

no cake AND no pie?! what are we going to do now?!!!

Cookies? I recommend an assortment of chocolate chip, peanut butter, and white chocolate macadamia. Not oatmeal raisin though those are gross.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013
    Will the Toronto Maple Leafs ever win the Stanley Cup again?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    What's the best destination for a long November vacation?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @AndrewFoley, you don't get soup, either. No soup for you! Next!
    elminster said:

Will the Toronto Maple Leafs ever win the Stanley Cup again?

Yes. Sadly, this will only take place fifteen minutes before the heat death of the entire universe, so the rioters won't have a lot of time to celebrate.

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    My sister, who travels more than I do, said Hawai'i is one of the few places temperate waters in the winter months although I would think Australia with their reversed seasons would be nice as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Is BG time a circle since everytime it starts at the same day of the same year rather than going forward in a line?
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    This thread genuinely makes me want to play BG2:EE.
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    If GLaDOS always lies to you and tells you the cake is a lie...is the cake still a lie?

What's the best destination for a long November vacation?

How much longer than an average November is this long November you're talking about?

Either way, my family's wanderlust skipped a generation with me. My parents are world travelers -- they've taught ESL in Prague, Malaysia, China, Russia, Italy, and when they hit 65 and companies stopped hiring them they just kept on traveling. They were in Macchu Pichu a couple months ago, Salem a couple weeks ago, and are currently booking their winter vacation, which starts in Brazil, goes to Easter Island, and ends with me cursing their names for squandering my inheritance money having fun while they were still alive, the selfish dinks.

So if you asked my parents, who are much cooler than I can ever hope to be, you might get a helpful answer.

But like I say, I do not share my parents' globetrotting tendencies. I live mostly in my own head, and compared to what's going on in there, reality's almost always a let-down. When it comes to real-world places, I have been to very few that appealed to me more than my own bedroom. I'd suggest you try vacationing there, but then I'd have to shoot you when you entered my home. Would it be because you're a stranger in my house? Possibly. Or it might be because I know exactly who you are, and I cannot allow anyone to compromise the sanctity of my Place of Peace.

This sort of getting shot because you're in an unfamiliar setting scenario, along with the thriftiness years of poverty ingrains in a person over time, are why, if I were you and had a long vacation coming up, I'd stay at home. I'd also tell everyone I was in the deepest jungles of Botswana, with no access to computers, and unplug whatever phones I had so people wouldn't bug me while I was "gone". Then I'd read a lot of books, watch a lot of TV, play some games, and most importantly, sleep. I'd sleep a LOT. I like sleep more than I like traveling. My parents are still trying to figure out where they went wrong with me.

That answer probably wasn't helpful, but that's what I've got.

dude, your supposed to say "spend it playing baldurs gate." game on mutha truckas

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If a tree falls in the Woods of Sharp Teeth, does it make a sound?

If GLaDOS always lies to you and tells you the cake is a lie...is the cake still a lie?

You just blew my mind.

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN.
    Kaltzor said:

Is BG time a circle since everytime it starts at the same day of the same year rather than going forward in a line?

I've always thought of it as more of a rhombus, but I'll try and remember to consult the programming crew on Monday and see if they can enlighten us.
    Paulg said:

dude, your supposed to say "spend it playing baldurs gate." game on mutha truckas

There's a reason I'm not in marketing and promotion. While it can be described and elaborated on at great length, in the end it basically boils down to the fact that I am, on occasion, still capable of feeling shame.

So while I'd obviously like people to buy, play, and enjoy BG2EE, it's unlikely you'll see a hard sell coming from me. It's not something I'm comfortable doing (at least not for my own work*), which works out great because it's also something I'm really not good at.

(*I'm much more comfortable blowing my talented friends' horns. So don't be surprised if you see plugs for things like Image comics series '68 {co-created by Beamdog's own Nat Jones, with art by him and, in a couple months, newcomer Kyle Charles} and SAGA {art by Fiona Staples, who drew my comic DONE TO DEATH once upon a time}, Dark Horse's upcoming GRINDHOUSE: BEE VIXENS OF MARS {art by Chris Peterson}, or IDW'S THUMBPRINT {with art by Vic Malhotra} popping up, if the opportunity to mention them presents itself. Or presents itself again, I guess I should say. :)