Skip to content

Are you breaking the shadowdancer?

1234568»

Comments

• auburn2auburn2 Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    Wow there is a lot here. I am a first time poster. FWIW I played BG through with a SD and loved it. After cloakwood I went solo and the battle in the end it was the easiest I've had of any play through (with old BG or EE) ... the dagger of venom with HPS was killer. The last update I got to the game was around June so it is probably not with the newest patch.

Of what is talked about here, the backstab reduction does not really bother me, what I am more concerned with though his the HPS cooldown. This is going the class much less enjoyable.

Anyway, a few questions.

1. How does one edit the backstab.da file mentioned above? I can't even find the file (or any *.da file for that matter).

2. I plan to import my shadowdancer into BG2 EE, how will my imported character be changed? Will I get this new stealth bonus and extra points? Will I be able to reallocate my theif points considering stealth will be higher?

3. Will it be possible to edit a da file or something else and reduce the HPS cooldown?

Love what beamdog has done with this classic, looking forward to getting BG2.
  • auburn2 said:

1. How does one edit the backstab.da file mentioned above? I can't even find the file (or any *.da file for that matter).

You can use Near Infinity to export backstab.2da and edit it with Notepad, then copy it into your override directory. DLTCEP can also be used to modify 2da's.