Did you know?

Comments

• FatalApocalypseFatalApocalypse Member Posts: 66

Shar's name comes from 'Rash'
    [Deleted User]
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    dustbubsy said:

I recently found this out from reading dialogue in Infinity Explorer:

If you don't kill Silke she shows later up at the Ducal Palace, which she is meant to perform at according to Garrick.

I'll try that out!
    edited January 2014

Imoen wasn't originally going to be in the series.

"Originally Imoen did not exist in Baldur's Gate. Her character was a late addition to fill a non-psychotic-thief gap in the early levels. There was no recording budget left, so her lines were scraped together from voice-over left from a scrapped demo. The original character was a guard named Pique"

ARE YOU SAYING IMOEN IS NOT PSYCHOTIC ?!?! *dies from extreme nonsense attack*

He was quoting what BG1 developers said, so he said nothing (he did it all :P).
    And I'd recommend you to stop trolling, they'll you give bans, not free copies of the game.
    TressetNoloir
    Frond said:

Did you know that, during Dorn's quest in BG1, he asks you to question a woman named Taris who happens to share her name with the starting planet in KOTOR?

Rather than only from KotOR, form the Star Wars Expanded Universe, there were a nice comic by Dark Horse about some problems before KotOR on Taris, a nice read if you ask me.
    uglyducklynn
  • FatalApocalypseFatalApocalypse Member Posts: 66
    CrevsDaak said:

And I'd recommend you to stop trolling, they'll you give bans, not free copies of the game.

Lol dude you call me a troll just after making a pointy comment like that on 'exactly who said what' is like a sumo wrestler calling me humongous when I weight 130 lbs.

And thank you mom but please let the real grown ups decide themselves when to tap my fingers.

And stop projecting on me your own dreams that the game was free, troll.

edited January 2014

CrevsDaak said:

Lol dude you call me a troll just after making a pointy comment like that on 'exactly who said what' is like a sumo wrestler calling me humongous when I weight 130 lbs.

And thank you mom but please let the real grown ups decide themselves when to tap my fingers.

And stop projecting on me your own dreams that the game was free, troll.

Well, you've only stated yourself even MORE as a troll.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @crevsdaak I could do without the backseat modding.

Let's try to keep the trolling accusations to a minimum. Look to the site rules if you need a refresher.
    FatalApocalypse[Deleted User]
    @Dee you're right, I went even mad than Xzar, sorry.
    I'll stop it, but please make him stop too.
    JuliusBorisovQuartz
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Probably better known, but in Jaheira's quest against Baron von Ployer, there are several options for the ending. You can fight von Ployer and his mages, but you can also either pay the mages to not turn up, or even pay them more to actually join you and help in the battle against von Ployer!

I actually had no idea about this. I always just headed straight for that abandoned house to rescue Jaheira as quickly as possible. I always wondered why there would even be other options, since this seemed to be the most obvious and logical course of action.

I had always thought the Ployer quest seemed too brief and obvious, so I'll have to rethink that now that I know there's a bit more depth to it.
    jackjackProont
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    During the events of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance you find out why the woman is singing in the Elfsong Tavern (if you didn't already know the lore).

Tyr, is actually one of the Norse gods.
    WithinAmnesia
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Lathlaer said:

I have been always wondering how to enter the Guarded Compound in Temple District without metagame knowledge, because I couldn't find any reference what and who is there in game. I recently discovered that all I had to do, was take Nalia (which I never do on principle).

It's not locked
    It has map marker
    Why did you bring Nalia?
    CrevsDaakTresset
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I was going to mention the Mass Effect thing with Tali sooner when I was beat. But I just remembered another thing I don't remember being mentioned

Did you know that in the Mass Effect 3 citadel DLC
    clone Shepard takes over the Normandy and moves out all of Shepard's cabin belongings. You can click on them and Shepard will react. One of the cabin props was a space hamster. If you click all the way to the last dialogue he will tell the hamster that if anybody tries to do anything to them to "go for the eyes!" referencing Minsc.
    many people may actually not know that if they never played the game or gave up on it after the ending. I personally watched the DLC on youtube and this part made me smile :)
    Proont
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Yamcha said:

Lathlaer said:

I have been always wondering how to enter the Guarded Compound in Temple District without metagame knowledge, because I couldn't find any reference what and who is there in game. I recently discovered that all I had to do, was take Nalia (which I never do on principle).

It's not locked
    It has map marker
    Why did you bring Nalia?
    Uch, I should've been more precise. During Nalia's personal quest (and I don't mean the stronghold) the Compound is mentioned as a slavers' operation.

What I meant of course is that during her quest you get to know what actually is there and can enter there without metagame knowledge ("I'm going there for XP/Celestial Fury/few thousand gp in items"). You don't have to bring her along.
    CrevsDaakbooinyoureyes[Deleted User]Quartz
    Lathlaer said:

Yamcha said:

Lathlaer said:

It's not locked
    It has map marker
    Why did you bring Nalia?
    Uch, I should've been more precise. During Nalia's personal quest (and I don't mean the stronghold) the Compound is mentioned as a slavers' operation.

What I meant of course is that during her quest you get to know what actually is there and can enter there without metagame knowledge ("I'm going there for XP/Celestial Fury/few thousand gp in items"). You don't have to bring her along.
    I've entered there because I thought it was like something public but guarded, you know, it didn't have a lock, and after meeting with some nice items I ever go there.
    jackjackFredjoQuartz