Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Yet another reason to never, ever cast Chromatic Orb.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I dont know if its been fixed post 2.0, but if you control shadows with evil turn undead, for some reason you can make them cast a bunch of random spells ranging from level 1 to 8. No mods. Free flesh to stone from a 420 xp critter!

was a bug in vanilla aswell
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

I dont know if its been fixed post 2.0, but if you control shadows with evil turn undead, for some reason you can make them cast a bunch of random spells ranging from level 1 to 8. No mods. Free flesh to stone from a 420 xp critter!

was a bug in vanilla aswell

That happens if you control Shadow Fiends and other types of strong spectres. I've always thought that it made sense that such powerful undead were dead wizards and sorcerers.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited May 2016
    sluckers said:

When you call Tazok a sissy as a means of getting into the bandit camp... you can actually kill him during the fight. The other bandits won't even care.

I did not know it was even possible. I assumed the game had a way of preventing him from death, like a 1HP item.

He'll probably show up again at the end. The guy never seems to stay dead permanently.

Pretty sure that is only possible in SCS.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited May 2016
    It's sooo disappointing whenever a new fact turns up that is later revealed to be SCS related. :weary: Has there ever been a pol on how many of the forumites use it? That, I would be interested in.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    If you install Item Revisions, BG1 Wands of Lightning will have three targets instead of one, which means you can use the Wand of Lightning trick in BG1. This allows you to get triple the benefit from ability score tomes.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Did you know that the sharrans had a supply of the shadow ore found in the deepstone clanhold way back in BG1? It makes you wonder where they got these supplies and whether they originally traded with the dwarves for the stone, before they took the mines for themselves that is.

• sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280

Did you know: encumbrance only affects party members. F-ing bs.

I also found this out the hard way. Ray of Enfeeblement fails to stop heavily loaded fighters even without strength potions. B.S. indeed.

Also found out something new myself today, which may be of interest mostly to those using mods that changes the Irenicus battle in spellhold.

When the battle opens Irenicus uses a custom spell called 'Create Clones' (or something similar). Depending on your mod setup, this either creates unarmed copies of your party, or fully equipped equals with all of the party's abilities. This can make the clones a serious threat.

Yet they are still treated as summoned creatures. A death spell kills them outright.

I myself did not install the SCS option to make Irenicus' clones equal to my party, as I found that battle difficult enough as it was. Anyone else ever tried this with the full SCS setup? It would be interesting to know if changing the clones also changes whether they are flagged as 'summoned' or not.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    lolien said:

Grum said:

Lest anyone forget...behold the cannons of Balduran!

That's the real canon party.
    As long as it doesn't contradict anything from D&D sourcebooks, yeah.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited May 2016
    sluckers said:

Did you know? Cause I didn't until recently...

Although Wild Mages can use Nahal's Reckless Dwoemer to access spells well beyond their casting level, they can never use it to cast Spell Triggers or Sequencers, or even Contingency.

That... was a relatively recent change made by the devs. I didn't really like it much (especially since it seems to be hardcoded), but I do know of a way to work around the change. My workaround isn't perfect, but it works well enough.