Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Fuller's longsword? Where do you find it?

I took Hull's with me, instead of doing the quest, thinking it was unbreakable but it wasn't
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I'm pretty sure the game mentions somewhere that the iron crisis is actively infecting old or imported metal. Dunno the exact citation, though.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

I can't see many instances where this is actually useful besides... wearing elven chain as a mage or something. But it was kinda funny when I discovered it.

Well a mage > cleric would benefit by being able to keep the Archmagi robe on especially if Str is gimped.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

I can't see many instances where this is actually useful besides... wearing elven chain as a mage or something. But it was kinda funny when I discovered it.

In Imoen's case, I could do that and make her keep the bracers of archery .
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @DJKajuru This only works with armor. Bracers/gauntlets are removed when you dual-class.

@DJKajuru This only works with armor. Bracers/gauntlets are removed when you dual-class.

What a shame! Actually, I never have Imoen wear any armor even before dual classing, so the exploit is (for the moment) useless for me.

Thanks , though!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Xzar, Montaron, Garrick, and various other NPCs in BG1 make excellent tanks.

There are so many NPCs in the game that it doesn't cost you much if you use a few as sacrificial meat shields in the early game, when your HP is low and you can't weather the danger on your own. Some enemies may be really good at killing your party members, but that only matters for the NPCs you plan on taking all the way to the Undercity.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Mulahey is referenced as a fat half-orc throughout a few scroll messages and elusive dialogues. Oddly enough his appearance was never rectified in EE.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731

Duke Eltan can catch you stealing and set the guards on you. While he's poisoned and dying. Make sense of that.

I'd be cool to have a chance of saying it was the doppleganger (with high enough Cha).

@Artemius_I , I couldn't help but notice on your screenshot that you've got White installed. Is it any good?

I'm quite curious!
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @DJKajuru This isn't really the thread for it but I'll say that it's worth a try. My only criticism is that it's unfortunately light on content if you don't pursue the romance, but I do recommend trying out the romance itself. There's also crossmod with my own work as well now :)

@DJKajuru This isn't really the thread for it but I'll say that it's worth a try. My only criticism is that it's unfortunately light on content if you don't pursue the romance, but I do recommend trying out the romance itself. There's also crossmod with my own work as well now :)

Sorry for being off-topicsh , I suppose I'm going to try it nevertheless!