Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Unfortunately, if the target makes their save, they take no damage at all from Otiluke's Freezing Sphere.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,208
    I guess it was said before but I just noticed that the "commanding voice" in the sound selection belongs to David Warner.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

A list of subraces I found

Half-Elves (Human/Elf) - Player's Handbook

Half-Orcs (Human/Orc) - Player's Handbook

Half-Ogres (Human/Ogre) - Races of Destiny, Savage Species, Bastards & Bloodlines

Muls (Human/Dwarf) - Dark Sun 3.5

Aasimar (Human/Half-Celestial) - Monster Manual

Tiefling (Human/Half-Fiend) - Monster Manual

Gensai (Human/Half-Elemental) - Races of Fearun

Feytouched (Humanoid/Half-Fey) - Fiend Folio

Allear (Elf/Giant Eagle) - Bastard & Bloodlines

Alicorn (Elf/Unicorn) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Blinkling (Halfling/Blink Dog) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Burrower (Gnome/Umber Hulk) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Decatuar (Elf/Centaur) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Green Folk (Human/Lizardfolk) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Grendle (Human-Dwarf/Troll) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Half-Gnoll (Human/Gnoll) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Half-Goblin (Halfling-Gnome/Goblin) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Half-Hobogoblin (Dwarf/Hobogoblin) -Bastards & Bloodlinse

Half-Bugbear (Elf/Bugbear) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Half-Kuo-toa (Dwarf/Kuo-toa) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Houri (Elf/Nymph) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Jovian (Human-Orc-Half Orc/Hill Giant-Fire Giant-Frost Giant) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Krestel (Halfling/Harpy) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Lasher (Dwarf/Roper) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Lurker (Gnome/Cloaker) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Merg (Human/Merfolk) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Mind Ripper (Humanoid/Mind Flayer) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Morlok (Gnome/Troglodyte) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Piper (Elf-Halfling/Satyr) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Spring Child (Humanoid/Dryad) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Sthien (Elf/Naga) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Trixie (Gnome/Pixie) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Watcher (Dwarf/Gargoyle) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Wendigo (Dwarf/Frost Wolf) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Woodwose (Elf/Treant) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Wretch (Orc/Hag) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Wyrd (Elf/Ogre Mage) - Bastards & Bloodlines

Changeling (Human/Half-Doppleganger) - Eberron Campaign Guide

Shifter (Human/Lycanthrope) - Eberron Campaign Setting

Fey'ri (Sun Elf/Demon)- Races of Fearun

Tannaruk (Orc/Demon) - Races of Fearun

Chaond (Human/Half-Slaad?) - Monster Manual II

Zenthyir (Human/Half-Lawful?) - Monster Manual II

Whispling (Halfling/Demon) - Fiend Folio

Maeluth (Dwarf/Devil) - Fiend Folio

Mechanatrice (Human/Inevitable) - Fiend Folio

Shyft (Human/Ethereal Creatures?) - Fiend Folio

Half-Kender (Human/Kender) - Dragonlance Campaign Setting

Draegloth (Drow/Demon) - Monsters of Fearun

Mephling (Humanoid/Mephit)

Burrower (Gnome/Umber Hulk) Burrower (Gnome/Umber Hulk) Burrower (Gnome/Umber Hulk) Burrower

Somebody shagged a umber hulk, no just no. I'm hoping it's some sort of magical experiment gone wrong because sexy time with a umber hulk is a kink even I would shame.

Oh God... Now I'm gonna have to scrub my brain with a bar of soap to rid my mind of such a scary thought.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    In BG1 you can kill all the basilisks in the Mutamin Garden map without protection, as long as you can hide, shoot from the maximum range and run away quickly and hide. If timed well, the basilisks dont even follow you as they dont have time to target.

As it seems to be an obvious exploit, I guess this is very well known but I just realised yesterday as it was the first time the ghoul was bitten to death by the basilisks.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    MacHurto said:

In BG1 without SCS you can kill all the basilisks in the Mutamin Garden map without protection, as long as you can hide, shoot from the maximum range and run away quickly and hide. If timed well, the basilisks dont even follow you as they dont have time to target.

As it seems to be an obvious exploit, I guess this is very well known but I just realised yesterday as it was the first time the ghoul was bitten to death by the basilisks.

I added 2 words into your comment ;) These 2 words matter a lot, as always in these cases.
    How does it change with SCS? Do they keep following you even if invisible?
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited June 2016
    I'm not sure if this is an SCS thing, or if I haven't tested it enough to be sure, but it seems that Protection from Magical Weapons also defends against any arrows that aren't standard run of the mill arrows, or at least is seems that magical arrows that don't provide enchantment levels, like arrows of piercing and biting, are counted as magical insofar as PFMW is concerned.

In a recent fight with Irenicus in Spellhold, arrows of biting and darts of stunning both came up as 'Ineffective', but standard and poisoned throwing daggers hit him just fine. He never casted protection from normal missiles (scoured the battle log looking for it).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    I didn't imply anything, @dunbar. When reading the post by @MacHurto I stopped for a few minutes thinking on why I could never do it in my game. Then I thought about the enemy AI change by SCS and decided to warn that trick could not work for players using SCS. With SCS, Mutamin himself starts to act when you shoot his nearby basilisks. And this nasty gnome always knows from where my character shot. Add to that the gnome is usually hasted and ready to release Ligtning spells...
    edited June 2016
    Does he act if you shoot his blue circled greater basilisk or any in the map? Incidentally, I killed him too with the same tactic. It is just easier with basilisks as they are slower than charname (or so it seemed) so you can move and hide
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    sluckers said:

I'm not sure if this is an SCS thing, or if I haven't tested it enough to be sure, but it seems that Protection from Magical Weapons also defends against any arrows that aren't standard run of the mill arrows, or at least is seems that magical arrows that don't provide enchantment levels, like arrows of piercing and biting, are counted as magical insofar as PFMW is concerned.

In a recent fight with Irenicus in Spellhold, arrows of biting and darts of stunning both came up as 'Ineffective', but standard and poisoned throwing daggers hit him just fine. He never casted protection from normal missiles (scoured the battle log looking for it).

You are correct and often the weapon descriptions do not help. For example, the Arrow of Dispelling description specifically states "considered a non-magical weapon" but the engine considers it as a magical weapon and PfMW blocks it.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Protection from Normal Missiles blocks a set of projectiles that only nonmagical missiles are supposed to use. It doesn't use the weapon immunity opcode like in PFMW. A normal arrow and a +1 arrow use different projectiles with identical appearances, which is how the spell blocks only one of them. If there's a discrepancy, it must be an incorrectly assigned projectile, not the arrow's enchantment.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    MacHurto said:

Does he act if you shoot his blue circled greater basilisk or any in the map? Incidentally, I killed him too with the same tactic. It is just easier with basilisks as they are slower than charname (or so it seemed) so you can move and hide

You can do this with any enemy actually. I usually take out a couple of the amazon bounty hunters first using this brick of cheddar.
    MacHurto said:

Does he act if you shoot his blue circled greater basilisk or any in the map?

He begins to act as soon as you attack a red circled basilisk not far away from him (the same happens when you attack his blue circled greater basilisk).
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    I plan on making a team-playthrough with my brother (3 & 3 Characters) sometime this summer, so I'd have a question on this: Do any of those interactions require the named PC to be the Bhaalspawn? Will it work with Drizzt/Lanfear being party members? Those two sound like interesting additions to give a little flavor. :smile: