Skip to content

New versions of NearInfinity available

1383940414244»

Comments

• shylamanshylaman Member Posts: 173
    argent77 wrote: »
    @shylaman @Greener An ARM64-compatible macOS installer is now available for the latest NI release, provided by critto on G3 Forums. It may solve your issues with running Near Infinity on the latest macOS version.

Most excellent. That worked. B)
  • harticus33harticus33 Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2023
    shylaman wrote: »
    @shylaman @Greener An ARM64-compatible macOS installer is now available for the latest NI release, provided by critto on G3 Forums. It may solve your issues with running Near Infinity on the latest macOS version.

Most excellent. That worked. B)

I tried the latest installer, but got the same 'bounce' that @shylaman got - then went in and tried to launch the .jar directly, saw a message about java - went to download java from java.com, and so far so good.

EDIT - should add, it still bounces if I try to run the app from app menu, I need to 'show package contents' of the app, and go lanch the .jar directly. It launces, showing an .lua error, which I hope isn't important!

I still can't see my save game folder on the left menu. Anyone on mac have that issue and know how to solve?
    Post edited by harticus33 on
  • TSHawkTSHawk Member Posts: 67
    I got this installed finally on my laptop, how do I get it to work with IWD2EE?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    TSHawk wrote: »

Explicit IWD2:EE support is not yet available. However, it should work well enough with the present classic IWD2 support.

If you downloaded the NearInfinity.jar directly then place it into the game folder and start it. The game should be automatically opened. A local Java installation is required to run Near Infinity that way, however.

If you installed the executable version of Near Infinity then run NI, select menu Game > Open Game..., navigate to the CHITIN.KEY file of your IWD2:EE installation and open it.
  • IncrementisIncrementis Member Posts: 20

There is a forked Near Infinity version that supports IWD2EE.
    It's a modified version by OlvynChuru (one of the IWD2EE mod developers, I believe).
    I asked him about it. He replied that his version is more than 400 changes behind the latest NI version, so merging it with the original NI version is problematic.
    I'm assuming you're on his official IWD2EE Discord server too? If so, you can find the link to the repository under the channel “Download-Links”. If I'm not mistaken, it provides IWD2EE specific features.

There is a forked Near Infinity version that supports IWD2EE.
    It's a modified version by OlvynChuru (one of the IWD2EE mod developers, I believe).
    I asked him about it. He replied that his version is more than 400 changes behind the latest NI version, so merging it with the original NI version is problematic.
    I'm assuming you're on his official IWD2EE Discord server too? If so, you can find the link to the repository under the channel “Download-Links”. If I'm not mistaken, it provides IWD2EE specific features.

No I'm not
    edited December 2023

Explicit IWD2:EE support is not yet available. However, it should work well enough with the present classic IWD2 support.

If you downloaded the NearInfinity.jar directly then place it into the game folder and start it. The game should be automatically opened. A local Java installation is required to run Near Infinity that way, however.

If you installed the executable version of Near Infinity then run NI, select menu Game > Open Game..., navigate to the CHITIN.KEY file of your IWD2:EE installation and open it.

Ok I guess what I am trying to figure out is how to use this? I am used to the EEKeepers and since IWD2 isn't working with the EEKeepers like in the old days shall we say, how do I use NI to change a character's stats like STR or INT?
    Post edited by TSHawk on
    Update: NearInfinity v2.4-20231231

Changelog:
    • Added new game variant: IWD2:EE
    • Added option "Auto-align 2DA Columns" to Preferences > Text Editor > Misc. Resource Types:
      • Automatically cleans up and aligns columns in opened 2DA resources (nonpersistent unless explicitly saved)
    • Added a playback button to the WAV resource list UI component
    • Improved "Check for Corrupted Files": Performs offset field validation in structured resources
    • Show hidden folders in the "Open Game" dialog
    • WMP viewer: Improved display of travel routes:
      • No selection: Shows travel routes for all areas
      • Single selection: Shows travel routes starting at the selected area
      • Multi-selection: Shows travel routes between selected areas
    • Add/insert/remove operations on removable substructures automatically updates and re-indexes structure labels
    • Removed deprecated "Nimbus" Look&Feel UI theme (theme was broken for years)
    • Advanced Search: Fixed opening resources in the wrong Viewable
    • Fixed a display issue in the projectile list UI component
    edited April 24
    Update: NearInfinity v2.4-20240424

Changelog:
    • Greatly improved TIS conversion between palette-based and PVRZ-based variants:
      • Added options dialog for setting or tweaking various conversion options to TIS viewer (via Export... > as palette/pvrz-based TIS)
      • Added multithreading support to speed up PVRZ texture encoding
      • Provides option to convert (water) overlays between BG2 <-> BG2EE
      • Provides options to eliminate visual artifacts around borders of door tiles, animated tiles and overlay tiles in PVRZ-based tilesets
      • Added the same TIS conversion functionality to the Mass Exporter when option "Convert TIS to ..." is enabled
    • Added a separate syntax highlighting option for trigger and action blocks in in the DLG tree viewer
    • Added syntax highlighting for MENU resources
    • Added context menu to NPC list panels in GAM resources for quick CRE structure access
    • Added option to the File menu and context menu in the resource tree to explicitly open biffed versions of overridden resources if available
    • Added quick jump feature to the table view of structured resources: Selecting a cell in the "Attribute" or "Offset" column allows you to quickly jump to the next matching entry when entering characters on the keyboard
    • Added PSTEE-specific ARE animation flags
    • New Effect structures are always preinitialized with Probability1=100
    • Updated ARE rest spawn field for oIWD and oIWD2
    • Area Viewer:
      • Added option "Show cell grid" for visualizing search map cells
      • Fixed PNG export of zoomed maps not considering the zoom level when option "Include layer items" was disabled
      • Fixed PNG export of zoomed maps not properly scaling actor and animation bitmaps when option "Include layer items" was enabled
    • Improved MUS file parser (fixes BG1 demo music parsing)
    • Improved loading times of PVRZ-based TIS resources
    • Improved script decompiler: Reduced the probability of triggers with multiple definitions to choose the wrong one
    • Improved list of available ARE container types by looking up entries in associated CONTAINR.2DA file in EE games
    • Play button in resource lists should be hidden for resource types that don't support playback
    • Clarified labels in the context menu for entries in structured resources
    • Fixed crashes on Linux caused by "inotify watches limit reached" events
    • Fixed some important controls being invisible in the "Open external file" dialog
    • Fixed compiling issues with Java 21
    • Fixed File Dialogs issues with certain Look&Feel themes (mostly FlatLaf themes)
    • Fixed issues with compiling/decompile script actions AddexperiencePartyGlobal() and GivePartyGoldGlobal()
    • Fixed NI freezing/crashing when trying to open malformed TOH/TOT files (may happen in IWD2 under certain circumstances)
    • Fixed sorting results by 'Attribute/Line' of reference searches if they contained entries with incompatible values
    • Fixed showing the wrong path in Open/Save dialogs of BMP/MOS/PVRZ/TIS converters under certain conditions
    • Many more internal bugfixes and improvements
    Post edited by argent77 on