Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    *looks at mara with a knowing expression* How long have you been caged here? What did you do before you were captured. *Out of reflex, she reaches to where her wings once were, remembering the cold emptiness she has felt since that day. She looks around for krogan, getting irritated by the lack of helping this poor woman.*
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

With a glare so laden with rage it is almost a palpable force, Shar-Teel starts towards Alora.
    "Half-woman, no man leads me! Let alone a ridiculously looking specimen like Korgan!"
    @Aerie Bah, the contents of the bags are not worth the trouble of that mist. And she did free me of it, so I do owe her. Free her if you must.

Okay. So you take the weird woman's hand. But when you get turned into slime don't come crying to me.
    OOC: ehhh, i'm set up to cure just about anything but i'm not going to try to risk myself and put the party in a bad spot, but if there were other cleric/mages, i would. But should anything happen, i'm ready to cast to counter it.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "ooh, I want refreshment!"

Goes for one of the glasses.
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    edited August 2012
    Ah, an idea---bring the idiot Kivan here to grasp her hand. No loss if he is 'slimed' and he's cured otherwise!

OOC: Evil is so fun.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    OOC I just can't shake the feeling that "You join us" means "I'll stay here instead."
    edited August 2012
    *Looks at mara* Are you here by curse or by magic? *Wonders about the effects of dispel/remove curse.

Edit: OOC could we go grab xvarina and res her and force her through charm/dominate to do it? Geez, i'm so much more evil then aerie ever could be :P
    jhart1018 said:

OOC I just can't shake the feeling that "You join us" means "I'll stay here instead."

Right with you girlfriend.

Kivan's about to drink the Kool Aid. This may not be wise.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    "I do not know how long I have been imprisoned here," Mara says, sadly. "Time passes, and I remain here. This is all I know and remember."

As Shar-Teel takes her hand and frees her, Mara smiles, truly smiles, for the first time, and it is gloriously brilliant with relief and unbridled gratitude. The grotto fades away, becoming bare rock, and the two sacks disappear. "Thank you. I cannot tell you how much this means to me. You have my undying gratitude."
    *Walks over to mara and hugs her, hoping that in some small part, this may heal the wounds within her own heart.* What will you do now?
    Mara reaches out and takes Kivan's hand. The effects of the mists fade from his mind.
    Imoen smiles tentatively at Mara. "I'm sorry. This place makes a girl paranoid."
    "I will join you, if I may. What sort of friend would leave her friends in a dangerous place?"
    Alora feels guilty for having been suspicious (but mainly for being Out of Character. She suspects the RPG gods have now put a hit on her)
    OOC: I wanna be all 'who says you're free?' and lop off the siren's head and dance in the blood but I cannot recall if Shar-Teel is chaotic or neutral evil...haha.

"Can you do anything about this mist? Or are we going to have you constantly touching our persons to free us of the idiocy that surrounds this room?"
    Mara hugs each of you who have been instrumental in freeing her. It feels good to have freed something good from this place of limitless evil.
    "wha-? What happened?"
    *Nods slowly at her, but then considers.* Just so....so long as you decide....you're free now....d-don't think that we will chain you to us..... *She smiles, very deeply at the thought that they have done something truly wonderful.*
    High five! High five!

But those who know Alora will realise that she is not as enthusiastic as usual. She has spent enough miserable nights in the singles bar in Beregost to know that beautiful women in sparkly silver dresses rarely turn out to be real friends.

Alora remains very suspicious of Mara.
    edited August 2012
    Kivan. Pants. Now. Unless you wish to join the fairer sex. Though it appears you're halfway there already.
    "If you hold my hands, you should be safe," Mara tells Shar-Teel. "There is only one exit here, and that is to the north." (The way you entered.)

Mara smiles at Aerie. "I do not consider myself chained to you, but I do wish to help."
    "Sure, come on along, but if you know an instant way out of here, feel free to bail. So far, this place has done remarkably little but try to kill us in horrible, complicated ways."
    *Looks around to make sure everyone is alright, and notices kivan half naked. She blushes deeply and whispers to Alora...* "Are-are they all.....so small? The w-way they talk about them, i thought it would.....bigger.* She blushes deeper but looks back to mara to look away from kivan.*
    Mara looks sad. "No, I know nothing of this place beyond the grotto and the mists. I have been imprisoned in here always. Beyond that, I know of the sea and shore, but the place I am from must have changed greatly in the time I have been here."
    Kivan realizes he is still half naked, with little kivan standing at attention after Mara hugged him. He quickly pulls his pants up and gives Mara a leering smile.
    Imoen hears and giggles uncontrollably. "There's infinite variety in everything, Aerie."
    *smiles at mara, and lays a hand on her shoulder gently.* I wi-will do my best.....to make sure you can go home. *At the word home, her smile becomes bitter sweet, knowing she can help her go home even if she can never return to her own.*
    Bjjorick said:

*Looks around to make sure everyone is alright, and notices kivan half naked. She blushes deeply and whispers to Alora...* "Are-are they all.....so small? The w-way they talk about them, i thought it would.....bigger.* She blushes deeper but looks back to mara to look away from kivan.*

Alora isn't sure what Aerie is talking about. She turns her head to look. And when she sees what is in her eye-line, she wishes, not for the first time, that she was much taller.

edited August 2012
    Let us return to the four way path and choose another direction. Before I lop off Kivan's leering head and place it on my spear. Or not; I suppose we can spare a couple minutes...