Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited August 2012
    It opens away from you, and into another corridor. This corridor runs east for about 50', then turns south.
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    Pit traps are no concern for me. Stand aside and I shall open the door---I'll keep my footing with my levitation boots.
    See above. Added a corridor description.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I fire my sling down the corridor to check for gelatinous cubes. Then I get someone to hold a shield over my head while I check for pit traps in front of the door.

We should probably bring Aerie up. She said she is constantly casting Detect Traps.
    I still say she should stay well back while we explore. The party has a list of dead mages that would agree with me if they could.
    Okay. If I don't hit a cube and Aerie doesn't detect a trap we head up to the bend. Once we get there I use my mirror to look round the corner. If I don't see anything I will look round and fire my sling again.
    Okay, there are no gelatinous cubes here. Aerie scans the corridor for you. "I don't see any traps of any kind..." she says. "Either magical or mechanical."
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Fair point, and we definitely don't want that to happen again.
    So shall we take the corridor south and see where it goes?
    Around the corner, the corridor runs 10' south and turns into a cavern. Through the open door, you see gold mists shot through with streamers of silver, and hear a woman singing. Her voice is lovely.
    Uh oh. Mysterious singing ladies are never good.
    I'll advance into the cavern well ahead of the others to confront the singer.
    Alora mutters to herself that the big girls are ganging up on her. But since Imoen agrees with Shar-Teel she will accept that they are leaving Aerie behind with Minsc.
    Alora runs back to get Aerie because she is convinced Shar-Teel is about to be dire charmed.
    Shar-Teel walks boldly into the cavern... and fails her save. She starts giggling and playing with the mists.
    Imoen is right with Alora. Nothing good shall come of charging ahead like this.
    Bah, half-creatures. No spine.
    Alora yells at Kivan and Korgan to stay out of the mists but ready missile weapons while she goes to get Aerie and Minsc.
    "Just a couple near-death experiences!" Imoen calls.
    She winks at Alora. "Super duper ultra spa day when all this is over?"
    Alora is wearing boots of speed so will get to Aerie very quickly.
    Shar-Teel starts cackling, whipping her spear through the streamers of mist.
    Aerie follows Alora. "Shar-Teel got what?" she asks.
    jhart1018 said:

She winks at Alora. "Super duper ultra spa day when all this is over?"

Followed by a girlie night in watching Clueless and eating chocolate.

The cackling turns into tears, and Shar-Teel starts smashing the floor with the butt of her spear.
    LadyRhian said:

Aerie follows Alora. "Shar-Teel got what?" she asks.

I think she got happy. I'm not sure. But whatever it is I think you should dispel it. And while you are about it how about Silence 10' radius on the singing.
    "Uh, is that the mist or is she always like that??" Imoen looks more than a little confused.
    "Shar-Teel!" Aerie calls. "Come here!" She wasn't going to enter the mists without a spell, but perhaps she could call the female warrior to her...
    Shar-Teel starts wandering further into the cavern, paying no mind to anything.
    jhart1018 said:

"Uh, is that the mist or is she always like that??" Imoen looks more than a little confused.

When we left her she was playing happily? Now she seems to be back to her old self.