Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    I like the alert on the title of this thread. "2.4k New." Crazy
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    OOC: @Smaug yeah, this is officially the biggest thread on the boards by far. Even bigger then the official announcements as far as views go. Gotta love it, but so deep into it, probably hard for new people to read over it.

IC: *She looks at the conflict between the two and how they taunt each other so readily* P-Please, let us remember that...that we must work together if we are to survive this. *She speaks softly and with no confidence that they will listen, but she hopes that they will remember those who have died.* If we don't....if we can't help each other......*She grows annoyed with herself and then shouts into the quiet room.* I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY MORE OF YOU HURT!!!

*She then realizes herself and seems to somehow grow smaller.....* S-s-sorry, just please....let us try to all work together to survive this...this horrid place....
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    edited August 2012
    From the darkness of the corridors arrives a solitary figure, clad in magical armour and stroking his beard.

"Agh ye fresh groundlings, 'tis no wonder this party has fared as well as it did with no Dwarf about. But don't worry, uncle Korgan'll keep ye safe. As long as there's treasures to be had anyway, har!"

OOC: Sorry, had a busier weekend than I thought. I'll be on tomorrow and most every evening around this time and a little later.
    @LadyRhian
    Mind switching his magical shortsword for a magical axe? Korgan wouldn't touch a short sword if his beard depended on it.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Imoen stirs and watches the newcomers. "Goody. I'm glad to see some new people who don't immediately want us dead."
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @bjjorick. DM., gods. Is there any difference? :)
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora is a bit nervous about the newcomers. So she decides to try to make friends with Shar-Teel by telling her that if she is nice to Minsc he will let her pet his hamster.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited August 2012
    @Bjjorick No holes? I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that. And you get another 4th Level spell at 18 Wisdom.

Edited for stupid typo. :P
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
    @Paladin Yes! Who did you want to play?

@Drugar All right.
    @Bjjorick @jhart1018 @katastrophe

Aerie, Imoen, Shar-Teel. Let's go exploring!
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    edited August 2012
    Let the men break camp, they're good for naught else. Meanwhile we can go forth and perhaps find some blood to spill.
    Minsc is good for hiding behind. He's ever so big.
    edited August 2012
    No man is as big as their ego---and dropping either at my feet is a simple task.

OCC: starting to sound like a broken record, woo.
    Exploring is good. :)
    After 20' of stairs, 40' of east-leading corridor ends in a four-way intersection with a pit trap in the center. Which way would you like to go? North, east, south? (You are coming from the west).
    East! Towards the sunrise!
    Alora fires her sling down the corridor in case there is a gelatinous cube lurking there.
    "Perhaps a former companion or 3?"
    I too head easy, gently moving alora to the side after she fires her stone to stand a few feet in front of her.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    *goes over and checks on minsc and makes sure that he's doing okay. Casts any appropriate healing spells for anyone that is injured so that everyone can be back to full health. Casts find traps as she moves along and plans to keep it perma cast, casting again whenever it wears off (why i slotted it 3x).

OOC: Sadly i need to rest, and @ladyrhian i checked and aerie has natural 16 wis, so the pearl gave her 17, not 18. that was my fault. Will keep trying to join in on the fun but hehe, just past my bedtime. :) Good night everyone and good luck. Oh, and if xan is still alive, i want to cast doom on him so i can read about the effects tomorrow. Troll moment. :))
    Alora can't decide if she is reassured by Shar-Teel's presence. She seems like quite and angry person.
    edited August 2012
    No, Xan got slimed. (Why not Eldoth? He was slimy already! But now the party has the perfect insult if Eldoth joins... "Hey, we met one of your relatives, earlier...")
    What's the difference between Eldoth and green slime?

Green slime grows on you.

Tee-hee
    edited August 2012
    Aerie, stay back with that lump of flesh you call Minsc, and don't leave this spot unless you hear cries of agony. Then please do join in the chorus.
    East- you jam the trap door shut and continue east, checking every inch of corridor. 30' down the hall, you find another door, with a pit trap in front of it. Once you jam the pit shut, you find the door unlocked.
    That's a good idea Shar-Teel. But I don't think she should stay too far behind. She is our only spellcaster and we might need her.
    Which way does the door face?
    You mean, which way does it open? East. The door is at the end of the East-West corridor.
    I listen at the door. And check for traps. If I don't hear anything I will get my sling ready and get one of the big guys to open the door,
    Should we be checking the walls of the pit traps for other passages or should we save that for if we hit a dead end?
    So the door opens into the room?
    jhart1018 said:

Should we be checking the walls of the pit traps for other passages or should we save that for if we hit a dead end?

I think we should save it. Getting lowered into pits seems like a last resort kind of thing. Last time I got used a a dart board.