Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    "I Don't have a silence spell," Aerie admits.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Can we see the singing woman?
    DM: Not from here, no.
    edited August 2012
    LadyRhian said:

"I Don't have a silence spell," Aerie admits.

Alora mutters under her breath about magic users always being one spell away from actually being useful. Then she smiles sweetly and asks Aerie is she thinks Zone of Sweet Air or Dispel Magic might get rid of the mist.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Imoen edges cautiously down the passage. "If I start acting weird, pull me back and ask Minsc to sit on me. Gently."
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    Shar-Teel takes out a flint and steel and, kneeling down, attempts to set her shield on fire.
    jhart1018 said:

Imoen edges cautiously down the passage. "If I start acting weird, pull me back and ask Minsc to sit on me. Gently."

Wait! We tie a rope round Imoen's waist so we can drag her back if she starts acting weird.

Shar-Teel takes out a flint and steel and, kneeling down, attempts to set her shield on fire.

OOC Has Shar-Teel turned into Jimi Hendrix?
    Imoen stops just shy of the mist, grateful for the line around her waist. "Uh, Shar-Teel, are you all right? I'm all for scaring the enemy when they see you coming, but, uh, maybe it's not a good idea to charge ahead and set your shield on fire?"
    OCC: Shar-Teel whips out a guitar and...
    OOC If only the mist was purple...
    Has Aerie tried a spell?
    Giving up on the makeshift campfire after one failed attempt (having drooled on the brief spark that was started), Shar-Teel stands up and starts hopping towards the voice of Imoen.
    I'm not sure if she's close enough, unless she's come up behind me. Am I noticing any weird compulsions from either the mist or the singing? Is the song one I recognize?
    Imoen keep calling but back away. Korgan, Kivan and Minsc will get ready to wrassle her once she is out of the mist. I will lay a line across the doorway to trip her up as she passes so that the guys can sit on her if need be.
    OCC: Don't expect Shar-Teel to thank you for that one, Stark. Boy will she be pissed.

OCC: Don't expect Shar-Teel to thank you for that one, Stark. Boy will she be pissed.

I will of course deny all knowledge and blame it on Korgan.

Seeing no help for it, Aerie ties a rope around her waist, casts "Zone of Sweet Air" on herself and marches in after Shar-Teel. Shar-Teel walks a meandering path through the mists, finally coming on a cavern deep in the middle of the mists. Here, the mists dissipate to clearer air, and within sits a beautiful woman, singing sadly, if beautifully. She looks up at Shar-Teel, and her singing stops. Her head droops. "Another victim of the mists," she says, sighing. She reaches out and touches Shar-Teel's cheek, and the sensation of elation leaves Shar-Teel, bringing her back to normal.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Kivan looks in the room and burst out laughing.

"hahaha. This is priceless! I wish I had one of those newfangled halruaan recording devices!"
    Sounds like a plan. "C'mon Shar-Teel. If you're all right, sing out. If you need help, yell." Imoen backs away slowly, ready to run if Shar-Teel comes out of the mist feeling stabby.
    Imoen changes tacks and follows Aerie, standing close enough that she's well within the zone of non-weirdness air.
    OCC: Is Kivan still around the corner or can I try to throw my spear at him? Haha.
    OOC I think we are all a bit lost. When Aerie cast Zone of Sweet Air did the mist dissipate so we could follow her?
    Picture: The woman is actually extremely beautiful and non-threatening, at least, to Shar-Teel...

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ToH_Gallery/ToHGraphic22.jpg
    No, but if you stay close to her, the aura should protect you...
    edited August 2012
    If the Zone of Sweet Air has dissipated the mist I will follow Aerie. If it hasn't I am staying outside.
    I'm walking beside Aerie, following the singing, voices, and breatheable air.
    A Waft of mists touches Kivan's face, and his face goes blank and child-like...
    LadyRhian said:

No, but if you stay close to her, the aura should protect you...

Okay I am going with Aerie (If the spell runs out I will hold my breath and run out with my boots of speed)

"Well then, crooner---couldn't find a tavern willing to have you wail in?" Shar-Teel quickly wipes the drool from her chin, leaving a clean spot on an otherwise filthy face. "Not that I don't mind you freeing my mind from the horrible enchantment, but why are you here?"