Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Awong124 said:

Kivan, be useful and open a door---unless that's beyond you.

Of course I'll open the door for you sweet lady. Chivalry is not dead. Men always hold the door open for the weaker sex.
    Alora goes to her happy place and thinks of ice cream and rainbows until the fighting stops.
    LadyRhian said:

Alora finds no traps on the door, but Aerie senses a magical trap.

Alora's happy place is a long way from the door.

• jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Shame we lost the gem of true seeing when Xan was lost to the green slime.
    From a long way down the corridor Alora calls to Aerie and Mara "Do you think Dispel Magic might work here?"
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    Men die all the time. Usually on the end of my spear, as Kivan may find out one day soon.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Mara looks unsure. "I have never seen this place before. Is it all like this?"
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    *Goes over to Alora and smiles softly at her.* D-don't let this place hurt your spirit.....Once it gets inside....*she shivers slightly* ...inside you, then you won't leave this place. *She hopes her words will bring the innocent smile back to Alora's face, the smile she had when they first entered this place.*
    @ladyrhian OOC if i cast monster summon 3, could i tell the monster to open the door? I think they're gnolls and monsters of enough int to do that at this level. The rest of us could stand far far back if that's the case.
    Gently, but firmly, Shar-Teel picks up Aerie from where she has wandered over to speak with the siren, and with not a few astonished squawks from the bird-elf, places her in front of the door.

"Aerie. Door. Dispel magic perhaps?"
    edited August 2012
    Bjjorick said:

*Goes over to Alora and smiles softly at her.* D-don't let this place hurt your spirit.....Once it gets inside....*she shivers slightly* ...inside you, then you won't leave this place. *She hopes her words will bring the innocent smile back to Alora's face, the smile she had when they first entered this place.*

I'm smiling on the inside. Now how about you deal with the frickin' door?
    Imoen's eyes momentarily fill with terrible pain and sorrow. She shudders, like a dog shaking off rain, and declares, "Right, so, the door. I'm not so good with the magic stuff. I stuck to thieving after my first cantrip went SLIGHTLY awry and singed my tutor's beard. Clean shaven was a better look for him anyway, but instead of being grateful, he refused to have anything to do with me. Ever since, it's been the weirdest thing...he keeps losing things--keys, his glasses, the book he was reading, his pants... Those he found, later. They'd been run up the flagpole. Weirdest thing. No idea how it happened."

Men die all the time. Usually on the end of my spear, as Kivan may find out one day soon.

Unless you get impaled on the end of his! Tee-hee

Alora runs away (Boots of Speed! Boots of Speed!)
    Yes.
    LadyRhian said:

Yes.

If that was the answer to "Are we all dead?" I vote we ask another question.
    After Aerie explains her "send summoned monsters at the door" plan, Imoen joins Alora farther down the corridor and flattens herself to the floor. "Lightning bolts," she explains with a shrug.

Unless you get impaled on the end of his! Tee-hee

Alora runs away (Boots of Speed! Boots of Speed!)
    Half-women can join Kiven on the end of my spear just as easily. More so, perhaps, due to their height.
    edited August 2012
    @OOC I don't think dispel works against magic traps? Also, this is a lich/demi lich, not sure if i'm high enough to have a chance to dispel it. Also, katastrophe, should you lose your spear somehow, maybe you should *ahem* disarm kivan for your new spear? :D

IC: L-let's move a safe distance away. *Casts monster summon 3, and on the off hand chance she gets more then 1, will only send one monster to open the door ONCE EVERYONE IS AT LEAST 30' AWAY (or whatever furthest i can be and still be able to control monster.) If i do summon multiples, will have them stand in front of me in case of fireball blast.*
    Shar-Teel walks right past the cowering group and heads up the northern passage, having a care to levitate rather than walk.
    Imoen gives Shar Teel a hard look. "Point that in the right direction. Away from us. I don't want to be overly dramatic, but you do have to sleep sometime, and there's no telling what's about to pop out and try to join the party, so relax."
    A Hobgoblin appears, stomps down to the door, grabs the handle, and opens it... to a blank wall and a spear in the gut. It dies almost instantly. The spear disappears.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ToH_Gallery/ToHGraphic12.jpg
    edited August 2012
    Bjjorick said:

@OOC I don't think dispel works against magic traps? Also, this is a lich/demi lich, not sure if i'm high enough to have a chance to dispel it. Also, katastrophe, should you lose your spear somehow, maybe you should *ahem* disarm kivan for your new spear? :D

OOC: Don't think I'm proficient in toothpick, wouldn't work.

edited August 2012
    @OOC must have been a damn good sale on those traps, we've seen 3 or 4 of those so far.

also, does dispel work on magic traps?
    I shake my head. "Awesome. Now we're going to have to follow the cranky one down the north passage."
    Okay, North it is (Only direction left, really). Another 50's to the north, a door blocks the hallway (No traps found or seen.)
    I told you we should go North! Come on everyone, let's go north.

Alora fires her sling down the north corridor and then starts checking for traps.
    Shar-Teel kicks the door open with not a care in the world and strides in a few feet, spear at the ready.
    *tries to stay near mera and minsc, the first to watch over to make sure she's adjusting to her freedom alright, the second to watch over her and make sure she doesn't have to show that she's more squishy then boo.*
    Alora just barely misses the levitating Shar-Teel.
    I will pick the lock then stand back. Has Aerie got another Hobgoblin up her sleeve?
    OOC: @Alora I think you just slung a stone at Shar-Teel by the by.