Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[ SEZNAM ] - Módy do BG2:EE

18910111214»

Comments

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,130
    edited September 2019
    jastey wrote: »
    The links in the first post are inofficial mirrors, and most of them outdated.
    I politely request those links being taken down immediately.
    They are against the site rules, for one. Outdated mirrors are a nuisance for modders, as well. I didn't report the post to the forum moderation yet, but I will. EDIT: if links are not removed, I mean.

You don't even have to be polite.

This topic is a relic of the distant past, which I created more than 5 years ago.
    I should have deleted it a long time ago, but I was distracted by other projects.
    (Not to mention that all versions were incredible outdated and some links have stopped working.)

Not everyone in my country is proficient in English and this was supposed to help them.
    Today I know that there are much better ways.

P.S.
    Funny thing about forum moderator.
    He was among the first who give me "like" when I created this :D

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,688
    I had the impression this thread was still alive. I agree that good intentions of the past can turn into boomerangs no one anticipated. Thank you for your understanding.

I can only repeat myself: this is exactly the reason why I am so strictly against mirrors of any kind other than my own. Even with the best intentions, they do get outdated.

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,130
    edited September 2019
    @jastey
    I agree, that's why I am working on HUGE modpack, which will work on the principle of automatic downloading of current versions of the mods from the official mirrors. A much better and more practical way.

jastey
  • VicqVicq Member Posts: 27
    @jastey
    Of course you're right, but I have to stand up for @Edvin resolutely. Thanks to people like him or @christof (the leading translator of the original Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 from Black Isle), many people in the Czech Republic can play Baldur's Gate (and other games) in their mother language. Not everyone can speak English well enough to play games in the original. Thanks to these enthusiasts, the Czech Baldurs Gate community has existed for 20 years. The fact that some information (or link) becomes obsolete over time is insignificant to this. (Especially when there are outdated links or information on some of Baldur's Gate official sites, too.)

Currently @Edvin is organizing the completion of the official translation of BG2: EE into Czech for Beamdog. It is sophisticated and time-consuming work and our community is already waiting for it, because Czech is still not one of the official languages of BG2: EE. Thanks to @Edvin and a few other enthusiasts (including myself), they would finally see the result.

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,688
    @Vicq An inofficial mirror remains an inofficial mirror no matter who uploads it. ;)
    Reasons why modders usually do not like this have been discussed throughout times and most if not all "great"/known/active modders share this opinion becasuse we spend our time dealing with players playing older or even inofficial versions.
    I understand that it was created for players to bring them the variety of mods and as a modder I am happy to see mods I care about on the list.
    I raised the topic of inofficial mirrors and maybe now there a some more people who are sensitive to the topic so we will have less or maybe even no inofficial mirrors in the future.

Vicq