Skip to content

The thread for happiness/spreading your joy

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Now I just need to find out if cashing the checks are allowed, or if I need to keep it in a bank account. And which bank account theywant it in...
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    This announcement makes me very happy:
    ThacoBellmlnevese[Deleted User]
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,364
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    today was my first official track and field competition and i placed gold for discus and silver for shot put for my age group, and best of all; i broke my personal records for discus and shot at this competition

tis a grand victory for all the practice and iron pumpin that i have been putting into this, and now i am even more motivated than ever to continue to grow and get better at these events :)

I always wondered what Sarevok did in his spare time. You know, when he's not actively trying to become a God...
    sarevok57ThacoBellArvialolien
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    today was my first official track and field competition and i placed gold for discus and silver for shot put for my age group, and best of all; i broke my personal records for discus and shot at this competition

tis a grand victory for all the practice and iron pumpin that i have been putting into this, and now i am even more motivated than ever to continue to grow and get better at these events :)

I always wondered what Sarevok did in his spare time. You know, when he's not actively trying to become a God...

oh i am trying to become a god still, the god of athletics ;):)
    Balrog99Arvialolien
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    placed gold for discus and silver for shot put for my age group

@sarevok57
    Now I'm curious if you were the only one over 80 who dared to participate B)

Just kidding. I think it's great how you can motivate yourself, especially since you said in an earlier post that it was something you always wanted to do.
    Balrog99sarevok57lolien
    Arvia wrote: »
    placed gold for discus and silver for shot put for my age group

@sarevok57
    Now I'm curious if you were the only one over 80 who dared to participate B)

Just kidding. I think it's great how you can motivate yourself, especially since you said in an earlier post that it was something you always wanted to do.

there was actually a guy there that was 90 years old at that competition, if i live that long i would love to still be competing :)

That Deathbringer Assault should keep the judges honest at least! ;)
    sarevok57ArviamlneveseThacoBell
    edited August 2019
    After three months without coffee, I decided I'd give it another try. I had a small, mild coffee this morning, have observed myself closely all day, and: I'm fine! No racing pulse, no tightness, no increased blood pressure.
    I seem to have adapted to my new medicine and it's safe to have a little caffeine. I'll certainly not go back to drinking coffee at work, but to know that I can safely enjoy a little bit of coffee in the morning, when I feel like it, is something very, very nice.

I guess I'll keep to "occasionally", like weekend breakfasts, but this makes me happy :)

I'm kinda lucky in that caffeine doesn't have much effect on me. I just like the taste of coffee. Because of that I tend to go for the darkest, most powerfully flavored coffee (full mugs of espresso if I can). I used to drink two pots of coffee every night when I worked midnight shift and could still sleep like a baby when I got home! Not sure if it's related, but opiates don't work for me as well as ibuprofen (the constipation side-effect of some opiates hit me so hard I refuse to take codeine anymore).
    Arviamlneveselolien
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    After three months without coffee, I decided I'd give it another try. I had a small, mild coffee this morning, have observed myself closely all day, and: I'm fine! No racing pulse, no tightness, no increased blood pressure.
    I seem to have adapted to my new medicine and it's safe to have a little caffeine. I'll certainly not go back to drinking coffee at work, but to know that I can safely enjoy a little bit of coffee in the morning, when I feel like it, is something very, very nice.

I guess I'll keep to "occasionally", like weekend breakfasts, but this makes me happy :)

I'm kinda lucky in that caffeine doesn't have much effect on me. I just like the taste of coffee. Because of that I tend to go for the darkest, most powerfully flavored coffee (full mugs of espresso if I can). I used to drink two pots of coffee every night when I worked midnight shift and could still sleep like a baby when I got home! Not sure if it's related, but opiates don't work for me as well as ibuprofen (the constipation side-effect of some opiates hit me so hard I refuse to take codeine anymore).

Well, caffeine and opiates don't share receptors, but people have different enzyme activities, so maybe you're just a really quick metabolizer.
    At least that means you don't have to worry about addiction. :)
    Balrog99
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @jonesr65: That would actually be an awesome day to have a wedding. The bride and groom could shout out "APRIL FOOLS!" just as the priest is pronouncing them husband and wife, and then they dash off the stage with no explanation while flipping off the audience.
    sarevok57ArviaThacoBellshabadoo
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    when you log on to beamdog forums and you see that you have a new shiny badge; the caster of aid :)
    Arvia[Deleted User]ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh dang! Congrats!
    SkatanStummvonBordwehr
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Also, Sour Patch Kids has a cereal and it seriously tastes sour. Somehow it's delicious.
    Balrog99sarevok57
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Skatan wrote: »
    To see her eyes sparkle with joy as she swam a full round around the pool melted my heart into butterflies, hearts and flowers.

Your heart melted into hearts?