Skip to content

Tenya Thermidor v1.5

Comments

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    I never knew about this mod until this very moment. Seems very, very interesting. I'll take it for a whirl with my next re-install. Thank you for your hard work. Any hope of seeing Tenya in BG2ee ?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Has this been reported already?
    I have just let her join my party. I tried her PID a bit and I found an option to discuss about Ran? and some related events with Umberlee. Problem is that I have not even been to Baldur's Gate city yet nor had any event that would fit. Maybe a dialogue option that needs to check some global to be set?
    Tenya's interjects with Charleston Nib appear to be misplace. They occur in the dialogue prior entering the tomb. From their contents they seem to be planned for inside the tomb. In addition, there is mentioning of the second scroll for Firewine.
    Here is a screenshot

Do not mind the background, I scrolled back the dialogue after I entered the tomb and played the whole sequel. The dialogue in the picture and the journal entry took place alredy outdoors.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Update for all: I heard from @Coutelier in March about some issues. As it was made some time ago before a few patches to the engine there are probably some issues. For the most part works pretty well, but do not get captured by the flaming fist after returning from CK. That bit is broken with Neb, in my tests, although quite funny. Results in getting stuck there. He was going to work on it a little but did not have a save near it and had not played it in a while. No other game breaking issues that I found.
    I will say one of the best things about this mod was FINALLY seeing a use out of the bowl of water elemental control, fantastic. :)
    Wise_Grimwald
    Tenya does not work well with the Faith and Powers mod (changes to Priests and Fighters). This has been reported to F&P modmakers and will be fixed.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/885193#Comment_885193
    Zaghoul
    @PaulaMigrate I was reading that thread. I always thought she's fairly unique as is. But I spose if they can work out a way to change existing NPC's to go with FnP's mod, it is not totally unwarranted. She so seems so Umberlee oriented though, and a very young child at that, it is hard to picture her having to choose anything else, esp, given her questline. They definitely need to add the Umberlee option.
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited June 2017
    Zaghoul said:

@PaulaMigrate I was reading that thread. I always thought she's fairly unique as is. But I spose if they can work out a way to change existing NPC's to go with FnP's mod, it is not totally unwarranted. She so seems so Umberlee oriented though, and a very young child at that, it is hard to picture her having to choose anything else, esp, given her questline. They definitely need to add the Umberlee option.

It is a bit of a problem of that F&P mod with some of the NPCs. The option to change makes little sense for those whose plot/quests/personality is deeply connected to their deity, like with Tenya (Umberlee) but also with Viconia (Shar) , Sandrah (Mystra), or Gavin (Lathander).
    I guess there is a technical limit for a mod to read *priest* and add it to its tweaks vs. to exclude some specific ones that are too special.
    Post edited by PaulaMigrate on
    Zaghoul
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Tenya is a fantastic character. The first time I had done her quest in vanilla BG I thought "Now that's a character who deserves expansion." So im glad others agreed.

Now, it's safe to say that Tenya is easily the most powerful BG1 character. A halberd striking at +6 damage, an elemental with high damage output, all sorts of, frankly, really cool damage spells that I enjoy spamming relentlessly. It's not a criticism. it's enjoyable.

Her writing is really great and I hope you eventually have the time and inclination to make a BG2 portion.
    Wise_Grimwaldtbone1Zaghoul
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ZaghoulGrammarsaladIllustairWise_Grimwald
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    hello, are you planning to make bg2 and ToB content someday?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Big World Set-Up wouldn't let me install Tenya, presumably because of the FnP problem. Have they been informed of these developments?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Big World Set-Up wouldn't let me install Tenya, presumably because of the FnP problem. Have they been informed of these developments?

@ALIEN ?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @Wise_Grimwald What makes you think that?
    ALIEN said:

@Wise_Grimwald What makes you think that?

In assumed perhaps wrongly that if they wouldn't accept the installation of Tenya, it was because of a mod conflict and the only possible mod conflict that I could see was with FnP. I would have to do a fresh installation to check that out. I will try a new installation with fewer mods and see what happens.

I will then report back.
    @Grammarsalad There are no Tenya and F&P conflicts in BWS, don't worry.
    Grammarsalad
    edited July 2017
    Too late. I have just discovered that. :) I'll have to do further investigations. Is Tenya dependent on F&P?

I realise now that I dropped F&P for other reasons, and that might be the reason that Tenya wouldn't install.

Too late. I have just discovered that. :) I'll have to do further investigations. Is Tenya dependent on F&P?

I realise now that I dropped F&P for other reasons, and that might be the reason that Tenya wouldn't install.

Tenya does not depend on F&P nor on any other mod. I have her installed (with BWS) in my game. During playthrough I discovered an issue between those two mods. I reported this and it was corrected (see @subtledoctor 's post above). This issue was previously unknown and thus not even handled by BWS.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wise_Grimwald
    The mod will be in my next installation as will the next update of f & p. :)
    Tenya working fine with my heavilly modded installation. :)
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    I want to thank everyone who's played Tenya. She seems to have taken off a bit in my absence. I know about the bug with Neb from many people, but I'm afraid I do have to come clean about one thing - I don't actually know anything about modding this game. I did once, but I put this and other mods together by reading and adapting various guides then experimenting and then basically hacking at the scripts until they worked. I've not retained much knowledge of what exactly I did. Now I know with Neb it's a problem with the script - after interacting with Tenya he's supposed to just act like he normally would if the player had slapped him a few times. So I know roughly where I need to look to fix it but finding the time to unpack everything to tweak and test it is still very difficult for me right now.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    The problem is in the B2#cTN01.baf script file.

IF True() THEN RESPONSE #100 CutSceneId("tenya") setGlobal("AttackNEB","AR0607",1) EquipMostDamagingMelee() FaceObject("Neb") SetSequence(SEQ_ATTACK_SLASH) SmallWait(6) ApplyDamage("Neb",5,CRUSHING) SmallWait(6) DisplayStringHead("Neb",~EEP!~) Wait(1) ActionOverride("Neb",RunAwayFrom("tenya",60)) Wait(2) DisplayStringHead("Tenya",~Get back here, you grimy little gnome!~) Wait(2) EndCutSceneMode() END
    The RunAwayFrom action will cause targets to run through walls and disappear if they can't run any further away from the target (in this case, Tenya). RunAwayFromNoLeaveArea prevents this issue, though you'll see the target stuttering as they try to run into the wall.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a mod compatibility issue or what, but ApplyDamage can sometimes turn Neb hostile, which also breaks the game. It's safer to have ActionOverride("Neb",ApplyDamage(Myself,5,CRUSHING)).

Here's the fixed script for you:

IF True() THEN RESPONSE #100 CutSceneId("tenya") setGlobal("AttackNEB","AR0607",1) EquipMostDamagingMelee() FaceObject("Neb") SetSequence(SEQ_ATTACK_SLASH) SmallWait(6) ActionOverride("Neb",ApplyDamage(Myself,5,CRUSHING)) SmallWait(6) DisplayStringHead("Neb",~EEP!~) Wait(1) ActionOverride("Neb",RunAwayFromNoLeaveArea("tenya",60)) Wait(2) DisplayStringHead("Tenya",~Get back here, you grimy little gnome!~) Wait(2) EndCutSceneMode() END
    tbone1CoutelierZaghoul
    Okay, here's a new version with Artemius_I's changes for everyone to test:

BGEETenya15a.rar

Thank you very much if that's fixed it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play it through myself again sometime soon.
    Zaghoultbone1Wise_Grimwald
    Great. I'm glad to see that bug fixed. B)
    @Coutelier The poem is great, I wonder what's Edwin reaction :)
    Coutelier
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2017
    There is another cutscene-related bug. During the confrontation between Tenya and Lethe, it is possible for Tenya to be killed by the cutscene Ice Shards if her hit points are too low, either locking the game into cutscene mode or breaking the dialogue. When I played with double damage and Tenya at joining level, she'd die at full hit points unless I put cold resistance on her. I would recommend adding an ApplySpell("tenya",RESTORE_FULL_HEALTH) action to all the script files from B2#cTL02 to B2#cTL08 to make sure she can survive.

Alternately, I guess you could create a different scenario if she dies.
    CoutelierWise_Grimwald
    ALIEN said:

@Coutelier The poem is great, I wonder what's Edwin reaction :)

He probably covers his ears when she's singing. It's an old folk song with multiple versions, and sometimes it's a soldier rather than a sailor and sometimes the name is changed to Edward or Edmund.

There is another cutscene-related bug. During the confrontation between Tenya and Lethe, it is possible for Tenya to be killed by the cutscene Ice Shards if her hit points are too low, either locking the game into cutscene mode or breaking the dialogue. When I played with double damage and Tenya at joining level, she'd die at full hit points unless I put cold resistance on her. I would recommend adding an ApplySpell("tenya",RESTORE_FULL_HEALTH) action to all the script files from B2#cTL02 to B2#cTL08 to make sure she can survive.

I guess I never played with double damage. Seems like a sensible precaution so I'll add it later to the start of each script.