Skip to content

Speculations and wishlists for new IWD:EE content.

Comments

• elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited September 2014
    as with all threads like this for ie games my request will remain the same - more cleric kits please
    elminster said:

And a Cyril Sneer cameo (who else can stop the raccoons?)

genius
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    The more I think about it the more I want to explore the north... and find isolated villages of eg ice xvarts eking a living..and then I kill them and take their stuff... and then I feel bad about it
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    A werewombat as the secret emperor of the land. A mummy with the name Anduin. A travelling bard who is called Jack. An area where a hamster, a fox, a racoon, several ravens and a lot of mushrooms are singing in a band.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @Khyron‌: That part about the multiplayer, 100% agreed.

Please, devs. Don't screw up the multiplayer.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited September 2014
    Maybe a turnip hat for gnomes. It would give some incentive for going gnome, at least.
    Post edited by Nimran on
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I second requests for "priest of Tempus" and "priest of Auril" kits. I would restructure my planned party to add a priest of Auril. Some sort of shamanistic mage/sorcerer kit would also be awesome.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited September 2014
    I'm already very happy with the inclusion of a polished version of Unfinished Business with the help of the original design documents. Pretty much like getting new Black Isle content.

I would like to see all the spell icons redone, perhaps IWD2-style but higher res. It was already a sore point in BG1, IWD1 and BG2 (which is why they were re-done in IWD2), but now in the much higher resolution interface of BG:EE they're positively atrocious.

I agree that priest kits should be different from the BG2 priest kits to make them fit better in the setting. I dearly hope the devs' approach to integrating BG2 functionality goes beyond just "Let's import everything, it was awesome in BG2 it must be awesome in IWD". It's a different game with its own flavor. But I said that already.

Random encounter maps would be a terrible idea. They were a pointless annoyance in Baldur's Gate - a relic of obsolete RPG design, really - , Icewind Dale did the right thing by not including any.

I'm not sure about expanding the game with any new areas. Perhaps I'm too much of a purist but I never felt like Beamdog's additions really fitted BG1 and BG2. The tone and style of writing is noticeably different, the new areas are rendered differently (and they don't look as crisp), and the voice acting is also mastered differently. Icewind Dale original artwork is even higher quality than Baldur's Gate's, so I just don't think Beamdog can do it justice. I'm just hoping for a highly polished version of the original.

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Well, you *could* just copy them over, mainly.
    I guess you would have to re-cut the small portraits, given that IWD2 made them tiny squares.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Well, you *could* just copy them over, mainly.
    I guess you would have to re-cut the small portraits, given that IWD2 made them tiny squares.

I assume it EE will include the update to use the large portrait as the small portrait.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Since it's the BG2EE engine that they're using for IWDEE. It's probably safe to assume that portraits are going to be handled like they are in BG2EE.

Now, my personal hope is that they add some new kits, and some new areas. Heck, I would be happy if they made an expansion pack for IWDEE, after they get done with Adventure Y.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Yay, Orc muscles in HD!
  • sirthaddaeussirthaddaeus Member Posts: 41
    would it be too hard to implement a naming of your party?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

would it be too hard to implement a naming of your party?

It is technically possible to implement. ID2 has several named pre-generated parties. I haven't tried doing so, but it seems messing with the parties' associated text files should allow custom names for them. So it seems possible to do with the infinity engine, yeah. How easy it would be to implement might be a whole other story, though seeing as they made a character selection list in the EEs, one with parties might be feasible too.
  • TolbenTolben Member Posts: 26
    I know it might be a bit of a stretch, but I always wanted the Icasaracht fight to resemble the dragon fights from BG2. For example, her wing buffet is a twister/tornado spell instead of an actual wing buffet. Her breath attack is alright for the most part, but it really bothers me that she barely casts spells or doesn't cast them at all. As a final boss, she's really easy to take down since she doesn't cast protection spells like the dragons from bg2 do. I guess the same could be said for Belhifet, but I really want Icasaracht to be more challenging.

Also, the Luremaster needs to do something other than teleport around the room and let his minions do everything. As a high level bard, he should be singing a high level bard song, or at least casting spells/charming your party members.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I don't think the wing buffet effect could be implemented in HoF when it came out...looking....no, it isn't listed on the opcode page for IEDSP, which is why she couldn't slap you around with her wings.

The biggest challenge when facing Mr. B are those darned dispel magic traps which auto-reset.
  • TheRaven476TheRaven476 Member Posts: 44
    I'm hoping they did an update on all the old icons.

I was looking through the original IWD items and forgot how horrible they looked. The bad art with tiny blue border to denote magical items just seemed cheap to me.

From what I saw of the screens they look like all new icons. I hope that's carried through for all the items not just new ones.
  • TolbenTolben Member Posts: 26

I don't think the wing buffet effect could be implemented in HoF when it came out...looking....no, it isn't listed on the opcode page for IEDSP, which is why she couldn't slap you around with her wings.

The biggest challenge when facing Mr. B are those darned dispel magic traps which auto-reset.

That makes sense. I think the traps are permanent/they can't be disarmed, which is mainly why they're such a hassle.
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    It will nice to be able to use Half Orcs and more importantly, Barbarians, in IWD as it is the most fitting of settings for them.