Skip to content

Speculations and wishlists for new IWD:EE content.

Comments

• YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    *** One thing and only one thing I care about ***

Is there new & improved AI to deal with new BG spells? [are mages finally a threat?]
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

I don't mind NPC companions, though I will never use them. However, I would be annoyed if substantial new content was tied to them (eg a new town).

Most annoying part of the Baldur's Gate EEs in my opinion.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Its pretty dangerous to explore that region; you cant easily scavenge for food, nights are freezing cold and the fauna is vastly more hostile than Sword Coast or Amn. I enjoyed the explorey paths of IWD2, lots of smaller areas.

Besides, its not a very settled region. :s Explore for what??
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    I'm sure they could squeeze a few frost troll caves, ruins, burial temples, abandoned fortresses and perhaps even a barbarian encampment or two in ;)

For the record I have completed IWD twice, it is still massively inferior to either of the baldurs gates and perhaps on a par with TOB in my opinion, I just feel they could do a hell of a lot of fleshing out with this one.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    @mch202‌ I do love a good adventure.
    If they fleshed out IWD any more it would be positively corpulent... the lore is very meaty to begin with. Its a story driven game.

You havent really dealt with my point though; unless we start lugging food and SHELTER, exploring off the beaten path is nuts. Arctic and antarctic explorers didnt have the best survival rates you know. :/
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    DreadKhan said:

You havent really dealt with my point though; unless we start lugging food and SHELTER, exploring off the beaten path is nuts. Arctic and antarctic explorers didnt have the best survival rates you know. :/

This reminds me of the postulants from Auril's church. They undergoe a personal ritual called "The Embracing". The ritual consists of them running through a blizzard all night long... dressed ONLY in boots, a thin shift, and body paint depicting symbols sacred to Auril. Well, most of them perish of exposure as one might expect. But those who survive the ritual will become Aurilits and receive innate immunity to cold.

Which reminds me: We ought to get the Priest of Auril kit in IWD:EE! :D
    @Kamigoroshi‌ that ceremony may be read more as those who survived did so because Auril chose them.

However, Auril poses a problem as a patron, her followers are WIDELY hated in the North; Umberlee is tolerated, Talos molified, but Aurilites are really unwelcome.

Inuit guides are better than 2nd Ed Rangers, in the arctic anywsys. ;) But seriously, really dangerous to wander places that far north without guide and a full years supply of food for each person. The Mounties inspected American prospectors to verify they were bringing a heap of food; otherwise they were turned back.

I totally agree there could be some 'paths' to placed, ie areas of interest/special risk when approaching a plot area. Doesnt have to be directly plot related (perhaps you stumble upon a raided caravan, or a long destroyed village revealed by an avalanche... OR BETTER YET! You could stumble upon THE DREADED YAKFOLK! Eh, no relation to Yakman), ideally giving some XP and maybe handy Monk items that are otherwise lacking?
    DreadKhan said:

If they fleshed out IWD any more it would be positively corpulent... the lore is very meaty to begin with. Its a story driven game.

I'm not suggesting anything on the scale of BG however I'm sure to get to the severed hand you walk for a day or longer, surely they could flesh out the route to the Severed hand (and other locales) instead of teleporting you there with a delayed fatigue effect kicking in.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    jobby said:

DreadKhan said:

I'm not suggesting anything on the scale of BG however I'm sure to get to the severed hand you walk for a day or longer, surely they could flesh out the route to the Severed hand (and other locales) instead of teleporting you there with a delayed fatigue effect kicking in.
    Instead of specific locales, I think some random encounter mini-maps would be cool. That wouldn't require new quest material.

I wonder if that would be moddable? Hmmmm...
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Wishlist item: Battleguard of Tempus cleric kit. With that, a totemic druid, a skald, a barbarian, a ranger and an illusionist-thief, I'd be set for local party lore (well, the illu-thi is a bit of a stretch but you need a mage and a thief so...)

I would settle for cleric kits that where anything other than boring!
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    mch202 said:

I just want more areas to explore, to break the linearity of the game a little bit.

This is very important! I 100% agree.

Additionally, I might go on to add that IWD absolutely does not require its own version of The Black Pits. The developers have probably already come to that decision themselves, but I would regret not mentioning it just in case: committing resources to giving us more areas to explore as a sideline during the main quest (at different points in the main quest) would be awesome! IWD kind of works as a super long and well-designed battleground anyway, so what Baldur's Gate earned from having The Black Pits won't be the same in IWD.
    edited September 2014
    Moddable encounters would be awesome but I personally feel to bring this game up to the standard of the Baldurs Gates we either need optional quest locales ala BG2 or Wilderness routes to locations ala BG1.
    Plus NPCs!

I mean look at the world map, there are so many interesting areas that could be filled in with a bit of wilderness!

http://games.thehawkonline.com/infinity/iwd/maps/iwd-1.png

I'm not saying all of this is essential but for the game, but for it to truly feel "enhanced" this is what i would like. Besides it would give BD an opportunity to cut their teeth on creating new areas (I've not yet played BG2 so i don't know what they were like)

I agree with the Black Pits sentiments echoed here also, absolutely not necessary in a dungeon crawler.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Treant and raccoon playable races.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    i don't really get the discussion about joinable npc's.. if you want to play the game like it was originally intended, make your own party. if you want to see what the new npc's are like, don't..
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    Fardragon said:

And a Cyril Sneer cameo (who else can stop the raccoons?)
    Post edited by elminster on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The Treant race must have a dance option...
  • We need more clubs!!!!
    And no NPC's (mods can make them) But I want to use all the Charnames-on-the-drawing-board in IWD in one (or 2) party.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I'm always for a good clubbing in the cold!
    Maybe we even could get some Two-Handed Clubs as well, forged by mastersmith trolls.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I hope that the special items like Evil Spider Crusher of Doom have the correct .eff files applied to them. In the generic game this club was supposed to grant an extra +2 against spiders but it doesn't.

Perhaps a new bard song at 13th or 15th level? I am uncertain what that song would do at this time but speculation should give some reasonable suggestions which would be simple to implement.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    @Kamigoroshi‌ mastersmith trolls?! That might be too much overkill.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Fardragon said:

Don't forget fox.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664

I'm always for a good clubbing in the cold!

I'm a bad person. My first thought was something along the lines of "Seals don't agree with you." *hangs head in shame*