Skip to content

Speculations and wishlists for new IWD:EE content.

From its description we already know that all of the BG:EE races and kits will be in. That's good and all, but I personally feel this game deserves some IWD:EE-only content as well in order to make it different from the otehr EE's. Given its unique frozen location, for example, numerous AD&D second edition kits would fit right into the game world.

One kit that I'd like to nominate is the Anagakok from The Complete Wizard's Handbook: This on the Inuit based wizard kit hails from Faerûn's most extreme climates. One could even say he's the arcane equivalent of the divine Shaman for any Barbarian society. It truly would be sweet to be able to play as one of these in IWD:EE. *wink* *wink*

What about you guys?

Comments

• DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    I want more Lvl 9 mage spells. We have 2 cruddy power words.

Missing half-elven multiclasses: Any multi-class that includes cleric and is Half-Elf viable should technically allow one to use druid in its place.

More random loot spears, clubs, staves and short bows. If the tables remain unchanged, these weapons will be mostly useless until HoW, if even then.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    elminster said:

deltago said:

I want a mummified gnome somewhere in the game.

edit: please and thank you.

Make sure its a distant relative of Jan Jansen.
    Must resist temptation to post story about the Jansens...must resist...must resist

:p
    I hate gnomes. Resist you must.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    deltago said:

elminster said:

deltago said:

I want a mummified gnome somewhere in the game.

edit: please and thank you.

Make sure its a distant relative of Jan Jansen.
    Must resist temptation to post story about the Jansens...must resist...must resist

Roll a will save.
    I rolled a 14 on a d20 using this

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Twani said:

Please, oh please, work with the IWD mods out so far. /crosses fingers

Especially the NPC project, because I like having people who banter with me rather then silent blank out ghosts. >.>

...Still, looking foward to it so much...

@CamDawg‌ - Any notes about mod compatibility? WIll the IWD Tweaks or BG2 Tweaks work with it? IWDNPC - since it already supports IWD-in-BG2, would it be compatible?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    They need an Ultra Heart of Fury mode.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    kiwidoc said:

I'm probably too late to tell you what I really, really want .... shoes or boots for wizards. It's so stupid tramping around in the snow in bare feet, with a robe slit up to the top of your thigh - it really buggers up the immersion factor.
    And I heartily second the request for companions who banter and chat with you.

They do wear leggings now, at least.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766

Ahahahahaha, no thanks o_o'
    *Wasn't even able to beat Heart of Winter in easy mode*
    Here is a thing I wrote in a different thread on the topic of possible NPC companion implementation in the game.

There do have to be enough NPCs to make sure that every protagonist can have a party that fits them. Flexibility is one thing but if you are a Paladin you wouldn't want a Vampire or a Blackguard in your party out of principle.

But yeah, here are a few ideas of how new NPC's *could* be implemented:

1. Adding a prolouge Storm of Zehir style. In IWD2 You are on a ship traveling from Luskan to Targos in the beginning. Why not have all possible companions be with you on the ship or meet them in a tavern in Luskan? There you can talk to the guys and take with you who ever you want. This would of course make more sense if you would start out in Luskan to avoid any plotholes regarding "what happened with the other guys?".
    If you want to start out with your own party like in the original, you can skip this part.

2. Adding a "camp" Dragon Age style. Basically, you can have as many companions as you want but can only take five of them with you on your quests. This might change the entire flow of the game though.

3. Adjusting the balance based on how many people you have in your party and scatter the NPCs all over the world. That way the already hard as bones IWD doesn't become even harder just because you don't want to play with a custom party.

Speaking of difficulty: They should really adjust the balance of the entire game :I
    Some passages are near impossible while others are laughably easy for no apparent reason. I never got far in Heart of Winter because of that and I really don't want to have to resort to cheating >.>
    Just ad an additional difficulty level for prissies like me ( ◕‿◕✿)

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014

Something like the Black Pits

The game heavily involves combat already. Even more so than BG1/2. What is the need for something like the black pits?
    True, true. I know that most of these are unrealistic.
    I am just throwing ideas around, is all. You never know what may stick ;)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Agreed, so I can have fun in playing a single class Shadowdancer >:D
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Also, I am probably gonna mix up a whole lot of stuff with IWD2 here, since I played both games back to back and some time ago. But since that one is probably going to get an EE too, it maybe doesn't matter :P

I actually hope not. Not unless they're enhancing the engine/mechanics ID2 uses, and that seems unlikely considering what a pain it was to do it for BG and the fact that it's probably not financially a good move putting that much effort into ID2. Because the thing is, ID2 makes -a lot- of references to not only the player characters' race, but also sub-race. And it doesn't seem like Overhaul is ever going to give us sub-races unfortunately.

Classes and class kits also pop up here and there, especially the spesific Cleric kits. Granted it would be a lot less work to implement all of those but I just don't see it happening.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    It would be nice if the Half-Orcs would get something for a change as well. Like their infravision which, for some very strange reason, was never implemented in the currrent EE's. Just throwing a bone to our green fellow citizens here.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    LiamEsler said:

@Twani Mods will need to be updated to be completely compatible. That said, if they're made for IWD-in-BGII, it's more BGII:EE-compatibility level issues than BG:EE.

That sounds promising for IWDNPCs!