Skip to content

Speculations and wishlists for new IWD:EE content.

Comments

• modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2014
    derp
    Post edited by modestvolta on
  • modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2014
    whoops double posting
    Post edited by modestvolta on
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Hopefully in IWD:EE I won't always have to go all the way out of Kresselak's tomb to find Lysan, then go all the way back through Kresselak's tomb to speak to him again, then go all the way back to Kuldahar. That is SO ANNOYING. Occasionally I have a pure mage who can cast haste at that point, but often I don't. Maybe they should make a level 1 "expeditious retreat" spell that increases the party's movement speed but doesn't let them attack faster.

Also I hope they will make some new quarterstaves. Right now, there's two +3 staves and also the druid staff. I like the druid staff so I hope there will be more staves that have interesting effects or let you cast spells or something. Maybe there could be more spears too.

One last thing. It would be good for there to be some kind of unlimited ammunition arrow/bolt/bullet/dart. Even if it wasn't very powerful (for example, if it didn't get any bonus to damage or THAC0), it would still be nice.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    ^ i agree with that complaint wholeheartedly.

there's no clean solution however
    ...apart from adding an 'exit dungeon' button :D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Maybe it could be a good idea to add a resurrection/raise dead spell to Druids (something like Jaheira's "Harper's Call").
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Seeing this question being raised again and again (see the recent thread http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/35663/cleric-thief-help#latest ), can we hope to get in IWDEE the change of where the "Open lock" icon is located for clerics/thieves?

@Avenger_teambg‌ in November 2013 said they hadn't found a solution yet (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/383097/#Comment_383097 ). Maybe this time it can be done?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    bob_veng said:

*_*

Gimme shiny button
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    bengoshi said:

Seeing this question being raised again and again (see the recent thread http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/35663/cleric-thief-help#latest ), can we hope to get in IWDEE the change of where the "Open lock" icon is located for clerics/thieves?

@Avenger_teambg‌ in November 2013 said they hadn't found a solution yet (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/383097/#Comment_383097 ). Maybe this time it can be done?

Instead of them relocating it, they could simply allow us to relocate it ourselves (and while at it all the other stuff there too).
    Ok, it's probably not that simple, but would be much appreciated.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited October 2014

bob_veng said:

*_*

Gimme shiny button
    theoretically it could be done... you can click the button after a certain condition is met, for example you've explored the whole dungeon (you have uncovered all the invisible beacons placed in each room) + you've killed the boss (or finished a certain important quest) + there are no hostiles nearby (same as with resting).

adding a condition of the dungeon being completely cleared of hostiles is also possible but it would be ugly because it could tell you of a presence of an enemy that's very far away.

if you haven't explored everything, on your way out you likely get a random encounter (same as with resting but on a random spot along the exit path). this happens a first couple of times and then it stops to prevent xp farming.
    upon exiting, an hour (or more) has elapsed.

it could work in fact... i actually want it now.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Delvarian said:

More races were be fun.

Does that mean we'd get to ride horses?!
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    If I've learned anything from modern rpg games horses make everything better.

I was thinking since IWD is like a big fightfest, just as Black Pits is. Shouldn't they build a little story based add on to the IWDEE, since they built a fightfest add on to BGEE?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    The only thing I have learned from modern RPGs is they can't make 'em like they used to.
  • NeurologicalNeurological Member Posts: 48
    edited October 2014
    Ho mangiato un kilo di gnocchi!
  • OornOorn Member Posts: 3
    i wish they could improve loot from some characters, for example Nym, its really hard to kill this guy because he disapears after you discover his past. but is possible to kill him with invisibility detection, and finger of death or disintegrate, but he have no loot other than money?

but for example other story characters like Arundel, Everard, Hrothgar or the elf guy have their unique loot, even if killing them means game over (still you can import character after killing them, that why i liked iwd so much).

another thing is bunch of unused items in editor, after complete the game around 20 times with all possibly classes dialoges etc i never saw some of particular items.

there should be quest to be able to make you armor from wolf skin, or umber hulk skin

egenia never back to the city
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575

Ho mangiato un kilo di gnocchi!

e questa da dove salta fuori?
  • OornOorn Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    another thing, IWD had different armor/character models than expansion, so maybe option to switch between two? because i really prefer iwd plate models and helmets without expansion, also fire sword animation is way better.

also some of early iwd screens shows monsters that never apeared in some locations, for example ice trolls there http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Icewind_Dale/ss-040.jpg
    http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Icewind_Dale/ss-006.jpg beetle there
    http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Icewind_Dale/ss-008.jpg or cyclops there
    these screens are also on official boxed version of iwd but monsters are never seen in game in these locations.
    it would be nice to restore these making game more challenging, as well interface is slightly different on these screens.
    Post edited by Oorn on
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    You guys that are asking for companions, you realise it would probably add a year to the development time and massively increase the budget right?

You need probably a minimum of about 12 companions. For each companion, you need writing and voice acting. Then you need interactions between characters - more writing and acting. And probably character specific quests, which means development and scripting. Plus more writing and acting.

It's a massive task for them to do, I can see why they don't want to.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

You guys that are asking for companions, you realise it would probably add a year to the development time and massively increase the budget right?

You need probably a minimum of about 12 companions. For each companion, you need writing and voice acting. Then you need interactions between characters - more writing and acting. And probably character specific quests, which means development and scripting. Plus more writing and acting.

It's a massive task for them to do, I can see why they don't want to.

No, you don't. BG1 style NPCs could be done fairly quickly, and with little or no voice acting.

I'm very much against adding jNPCs to IWD, but because they would change the story and atmosphere too much, nothing to do with the time it would take.
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    Fairly quickly is still a minimum of 4 months. And, if they do them bg1 style, people will complain that they aren't lively enough.

But yes, agreed on that, I don't think they would fit.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    edited October 2014
    I think the developers should spend their time on what's REALLY important here, technicolor glowey spell effects! Rainbows for every spell, people! Mirror finishes on every surface to create multiple reflections! Graphics card melting levels of color depth! It will create a whole new class of player who just creates full parties of mages and sits around all day casting color spray!! "Dude... That's Awesome... Cast again!"
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Unicorns made of rainbow ice!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Or rainbows made of Unicorn ice!

Little Johnny: why are the rainbows smelly and yellow?

Dee: Lack of test marketing.