Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    edited March 2017

@CrevsDaak Sorry to hear of your program crash. I don't know about Wine and BG, hopefully you can get help from Google or someone else who also uses Wine and BG together.

My game has just crashed because of Wine. What is Wine? The only wine I know anything about, is the wine that makes a meal tastier. :)
    EDIT
    I have just read up on Wine in Wiki. Unfortunately it is written in Geekish, not English so I am not a lot wiser. :(
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 995

@CrevsDaak Sorry to hear of your program crash. I don't know about Wine and BG, hopefully you can get help from Google or someone else who also uses Wine and BG together.

My game has just crashed because of Wine. What is Wine? The only wine I know anything about, is the wine that makes a meal tastier.
    WINE is windows emulation, used on computers that don't have windows (such as Macs or Linux machines). If you want to run BG on Mac or Linux, this is what people use to do so usually.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Thanks Corey. I don't understand this as I have Windows! I also have no mods installed.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I have seen it quite a few times when a mod uses a reference to a non existent script or some such. Not the easiest to debug I am afraid...
    @Wise_Grimwald Note your message says "or" - since you have Windows and not WINE, the 1st cause must be it (crash in BG). The BG 1 vanilla is very stable, but the BG 2 engine can crash now and then. Mods of course can increase chance of a crash as well...
    CrevsDaak
    edited March 2017
    Am running BGEE with SoD
    I did have a mod installed but uninstalled it. If it didn't do a good enough job of uninstallling, I suppose that could have caused the problem.
    Anyway, I re-loaded and everything appears OK now, but before starting my next game, I will do a clean install.
    edited March 2017

Now time to go and see Leeds United try and beat Brighton. (Not too optimistic)

EDIT

I was unecessarily pessimistic about the Leeds Brighton match. Leeds won 2-0. sadly however, none of the pubs were showing it. They were all showing the Rugby International. :(

I got this message whilst playing. I cannot understand it as I have a legal GoG installation.

The Journal of Grimwald and Grimbold, adherants of Helm.

We went to take on Zargal and Bassilus. Two Glyphs of Warding killed Zargals allies and caused him to panic. Battle over before it started. :) We used a Summoned Skeleton against Bassilus. He wasted all his spells against the skeleton. I used one blast of the Wand of the Heavens to ensure victory. Ranged weapons finished hime off. We then returned to the basilisk area. Grimbold used the scroll of protection from petrification and oil of speed and proceeded to all but wipe the basilisks. There was one left when Mutamin cast horror. He then slowly but surely killed Grimbold. Grimwald would have cast silence, but for the fact that he would have been petrified if he had approached Mutamin. He took a potion of mirrored eyes and killed the last basilisk, but by then Grimbold was dead. Glyphs of warding were then used and Mutamin was quickly killed.
    I went to the temple and raised Grimbold AGAIN!

EDIT

We headed south, picked up a ring of fire resistance and proceeded down the mines.
    Holy smite was invaluable against Mulahey and his cohorts. It caused him to panic and after that, the rest was easy. The same cannot be said of the amazons. Grimbold had rigid thinking cast on him, and as a result, he killed Xan. :( Grimwald and his summoned skeleton however prevailed against the amazons and they just had to await the recovery of Grimbold.

The Revenant and the other inhabitants of the caves were then killed. We also killed a mage and his experimental monsters before returning to the Nashkel Carnival.

We returned to the temple near Beregost where we raised Xan before bidding him farewell.

We will now go and see how big a reward we will get from the Mayor of Nashkel.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    ArctodusCrevsDaakStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
    edited March 2017
    @Wise_Grimwald BG does not use that file. Almost certainly it was a BACKGROUND program or service that encountered the error while you were playing. The error might have come up whether you were playing or not. It is just saying it can't find the file (like say the file is missing). I do not know off-hand if "Intel Security" is a valid app or put in by malware, you'll need to research that. If it's a valid app, you can uninstall "Intel Security" and this message will go away. If it's malware, you'll need to scan you computer, such as the free web scanner Housecall by Trend Micro.
    CrevsDaak
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Apparently it's a legit program:
    https://www.truekey.com/

However, a lot of people seem to inadvertently install it as a promo when they install things like Adobe Flash, and think it's malware. You should be able to uninstall it if you want, though some say it takes a while for the uninstall app to come up.
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612999/true-key-invading-my-laptop-please-help/
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaakGrond0
    I've discovered which program it comes from and it is a very useful program. :)
    I have no viruses according to Avast. :)
    It did come with an Adobe Flash Update and I like it.
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    edited March 2017

ABT-2,

Earning a rep,

· J kicked to get Branwen into the party which solves some looting issues...

· Khalid gave me grief about it so Ajantis does the tanking now

Fights: an easy goblin bash turned dangerous when the red wizards crashed the party and Nalia tried to cast Magic missiles... I've never been happier to have too many summons in play.

p.s, I've cleared out the mines and finally have my familiar.

EDIT: I removed some duplicate posts.
    Post edited by semiticgoddess on
    ArctodusWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    edited March 2017
    @ussnorway I've seen double posts aplenty. Indeed I've done a few myself, but that's the first triple one I've seen. :D
    CrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    I'll raise your triple and go for a quadruple :p.
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    And I'm thinking that it was Neera and not Nalia who gated in a demon while trying to cast magic missile.
    ussnorwayCrevsDaak
    yes sorry guys, I posted that update 3 days ago and the Beamdog forums Mod have taken this long to wake up... why it became a clone is news to me.
    Grond0Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
    edited March 2017
    ussnorway said:

yes sorry guys, I posted that update 3 days ago and the Beamdog forums Mod have taken this long to wake up... why it became a clone is news to me.

We're only kidding you. No need to appologise. I've noticed myself that they seem to be taking longer to post what you write. I was just amused as I think was Grond0. :)

I have come across what I think could be a bug. Grimwald and Grimbold took everything from the cave in the Lighthouse area and killed all the sirine including Sil. A long time later we asked Safana to join the party and now she is complaining that we haven't completed her quest.

What can I do about it?
    ussnorwayStummvonBordwehr
    @Wise_Grimwald There probably some variables that can be changed with near infinity. This is vanilla behavior btw. I don't know what exactly to change though. I think I remember her dying then resurrecting her, then she stopped bugging me, but don't know if that "trick" works in EE.
    Grond0Wise_GrimwaldBlackravenCrevsDaak
    Her quest is to loot the cave... did you keep her outside or just not collect the book perhaps?
    CrevsDaak
    edited March 2017
    ussnorway said:

Her quest is to loot the cave... did you keep her outside or just not collect the book perhaps?

I looted the cave before I met her. Is the problem that I already used the tome on my character?

EDIT

I've done a bit of research and discovered the answer. The tome is the key. You need to have it when you meet her. Easy when you know how.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    ussnorway

ABT-5,

quick mop up,

· Imoen asked Safana to take out the traps for us and we went on one last peon bash under the city.

Fights: the boss blabbed about ruling the sword coast 'bla bla' until she laid an egg... after that she gave up.
    CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
    edited March 2017
    @Arctodus Don't think I have had any Trilogy successes while posting on this forum (I only started posting here shortly before the BioWare forums went down). You can see all the old Trilogy successes at Serg's archive of the BioWare thread: http://blackstrider.net/forum_bioware_arhiv/forum.bioware.com/topic/124277-baldurs-gate-2-no-reload-challenge/index.html#entry3102086
    JuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Arctodus said:

@Grond0 and @Gate70 : Your last success was without mods and on Core. Am I right ?

Thanks for doing that @Arctodus - and, yes, you are right :).
    ArctodusCrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov