Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759

Sure. Here.

Awesome! Thanks!

Serg_BlackStriderCrevsDaak
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

@Ygramul, would you add Mollyboo/Frisky Bits' run to the first post?

Yep, just added it to the original post.

Congratulations again on a successful run .... and using chickens!
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak

Arctodus said:

I don't want to be picky, but since you died during the ToB final fight with Frisky Bits, and had to reload at the start of ToB, does that count as a successful run ? Doesn't the rule imply a full Trilogy/Tetralogy no-reload to be considered a success or no-reloading individual games in sufficient ? It's merely a question to clarify things I have.

Back on Bioware boards we didn't considered a no-reloading of individual games as sufficient for the proper full Trilogy no-reload run. I believe the same is assumed here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hmmm.... I will let the Collective decide on such matters. Let me know how you feel, if you wish me to edit things on the original post.

After all, we are all here as comrades in the same quest.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    Ygramul said:

After all, we are all here as comrades in the same quest.

Sure thing! :)
    Wise_GrimwaldAlesia_BHJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited September 2017
    As much as I like reading about @semiticgod's run, I think the Hall of Heroes should be reserved to those who managed full no-reload runs. That's my opinion, at least. I'll abide by the decision of the majority, though.

@Alesia_BH : A Hall of Nearoes is actually a good idea ! Also, there's a a link to the old Bioware forum on the first page which contains the successful runs made there, but yeah, they should probably appear in the Hall too.
    Serg_BlackStriderGrond0JuliusBorisovlolien

I'm not sure I like the phrase "Hall of Nearos," but a separate section for minimal reload or non-continuous runs would be nice.

Actually, that's a neat idea as well.

If someone wants to collate a list of non-continunous runs I am happy to add it to the original post.

(Space is no issue, as it will be sitting under a separate spoiler tag.)
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2017
    @Grond0 And another Bash bites the dust. :'(
    Grond0JuliusBorisov
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    Alesia_BH said:

Quick Note:
    Her name is Aestica.

good luck with your Fighter | Alchemist but I see she already has the upperhand ;)
    Alesia_BHWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
    Alesia_BH said:

We could anoint a subset of the near misses "memorable" and then include those only, but I, personally, don't want to get into the business of calling one run subjectively memorable and another not.

That's probably the best happy medium.

Of the dozens of attempts I had, a few memorable ones stick out in memory only.

(After all, I have yet to have a single entry myself on that "Hall of Heroes" list that I maintain on the first page.)

Maybe we can have a list of "Honorable Mentions" -- spectacular failures & near misses.
    ArctodusJuliusBorisov
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    edited September 2017
    @Alesia_BH Vanilla halfling fighters unite! Wishing Aestica more success than Oranfal (taking a revenge upon the Planar Prison's bounty hunters will undoubtedly be appreciated).

Alesia_BHJuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
    Borco said:

@Alesia_BH Vanilla halfling fighters unite!

Halflings unite! Yay!
    Borco said:

@Alesia_BH (taking a revenge upon the Planar Prison's bounty hunters will undoubtedly be appreciated).

Noted. I'll try, Borco. Hopefully Aestica will get there. Amn seems awfully big and scary right now, but if Aestica makes it to the Planar Prison, she'll definitely put the spank down on those bounty-seeking-sleeze-muffins.
    BorcoJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Alesia_BH said:

The buffs here were Greenstone Amulet, Shield Amulet (for the colors, yay!)

Isn't there a band called the Pink Destroyer? Might be worth a look to see if they've got an appropriate theme tune ...
    Alesia_BHJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    edited September 2017
    Did you mean this, Grondo?

If so, I love you for it, but, no, it totally doesn't fit :D

(More importantly, condolences on the loss of Bash. May he be avenged!)
    Post edited by Alesia_BH on
    Grond0JuliusBorisov
    Great work, Serg! Glad to see another Grim Face run!
    Serg_BlackStriderCorey_RussellJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak