Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Alora would probably feel better out of those wet clothes. It's kind of (more than) chilly up this high.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    "It is said that riches can warm the hearts of some," Jaheira said, though her tone was entirely unconvincing. This was probably because she valued nature's riches far more than those of long dead kings and greedy dwarvish hordes.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    OOC: Does anyone have an idea what we were just fighting? I don't think I've encountered a monster like that before?

Alora will wrap herself in Aerie's cloak and take off her wet clothes. "Can we light a f-fire? I'm f-f-freezing."
    "Pay him no mind," Jaheira recommended, for Anomen was hardly worth the effort.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Having nothing useful to add Ajantis turns away from the group to survey the perimeter for enemies.
    "I think we should go look in that opening in the side of the mountain. It might be a cave we can shelter in."
    "One can never be too careful in the fissures and caverns of the wilds," Jaheira cautioned the rogue posing as a (of all things) nasty little paladin. "Nature does not know the laws of men," which was a good thing. "While evil will see the shelter in the same light that you do. It is all part of the balance."
    "If there are people in there doing bad stuff we should go and restore the balance by doing good stuff, like killing them and taking their treasure. Then maybe I won't feel so cold."
    I assume, then, that you are checking out the cave, being led by Minsc (still)...

In a tunnel cut through the ice, steps lead upwards from the snow-covered plain. soon, you are completely in the ice. Sheltered from the dagger-sharp wind, the freezing atmosphere in this flawless ice cave seems almost brittle. In the center of the cavern is a pool and on the far side, illuminated by a faint blue glow from the depths, crouches a winged figure. Pale, translucent and angular, it might well have been carved from ice.
    "I haven't got any armour on. In fact, I'm only wearing a cloak until I can dry my clothes out. So can someone else go and check out the statue because if it turns out to be an ice gargoyle I don't want to get attacked by it when I am practically in the nuddy."
    As the party enters, the "statue", such as it is, comes to life, jumps into the air and flies at the party across the pool. Party wins initiative. Actions?
    Alora runs away and attempts to hide near the door of the cave.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Neera is out of spells having blasted one cat-thing if I recall and another on the ice-monster. She'll take position in front of Aerie again since Aerie appears to be not-all-there at the moment. Staff raised, she's ready to defend herself.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    *with shield and mace in hand, Anomen lunges at the thing"
    "For Helm!" Ajantis attacks.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited December 2015
    "Yea. We need the exercise to keep us warm and fresh!" Arkanis attacks the winged ice-cube.
    Anomen misses. Ajantis hits. So does Jaheira. She hits it so hard that its head crumples, and it falls to the ground, dead.

The pool is about nine feet deep, and has a glowing blue egg at the bottom. The sides of the pool are ice, but the bottom of the pool is the rock of the mountain- along with small blue crystals.
    "Well struck, Jaheira!"
    "Well I'm already chilled to the bone and I don't suppose I can get any colder." Alora dives into the pool to retrieve the glowing blue egg.
    Frowning, Jaheira wished that this being had not been overseeing an egg. "Nature, forgive us." It was probably only hostile because of a perceived threat to her young, which did not justify such a thing. If only she knew of this beast, and what to do about that egg. Clearly disturbed, she hardly noticed Alora leaping, once more, into the breach.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    stupid girl
This discussion has been closed.