Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    So, where to next?
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    "We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm."
    Near the end of the valley, you spot a herd of large animals. As you get closer, you can see that they look like cattle, but with larger, heavier horns. These are Musk Oxen. The two males react with alarm to the smell and sight of Jaheira-bear, herding their females and young further up the valley.
    "Indeed," Ajantis nods sagely.
    edited December 2015
    You sit and rest for a while, until Jaheira is less... unbear-able by the Musk Oxen. You stay away from them and round the end of the stream, and walk about 10 miles to where the stream to the south is dammed by a huge bore of ice. With no way to get down lower on this side, you slowly cross the ice, which is slightly slippery, but doable. When you get somewhere near the middle, you hear a scratching sound from beneath your feet. Then, almost without warning, a man-shaped creature breaks up through the ice and begins clawing at Jaheira, striking her for 5 points damage.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora charges into the fray with shortsword and shield and attacks the man-shaped creature.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Neera will take a stance between Aerie and the creature with her staff raised. If the creature goes for Aerie it's a Nahal's Reckless Dweamor Magic Missile to the face!

"Anomen, do that heroic thing you do sometimes and kill whatever this thing is!"
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Alora charges into the fray with shortsword and shield and attacks the man-shaped creature.

OOC: But Alora! Thieves can't use shields!!
    Vallmyr said:

Neera will take a stance between Aerie and the creature with her staff raised. If the creature goes for Aerie it's a Nahal's Reckless Dweamor Magic Missile to the face!

"Anomen, do that heroic thing you do sometimes and kill whatever this thing is!"

OOC: Lol!

"N-Neera..." Startled out of her stupor, Aerie lifted her gaze to the attacker, and to Neera standing before her. "You mustn't put yourself in harm's way; you're fragile. Protect yourself."
    Ajantis moves in to support Alora. "Frozen Fiend! Feel Faithful Fury!!"
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!!!
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

OOC: But Alora! Thieves can't use shields!!

OOC: I thought they could use bucklers in 2e and Alora picked one up in the last dungeon. And anyway she is a paladin not a thief . . .
    OOC: Yup! I was being silly. :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Jaheira lashes out at the ice beast, while trying to carefully avoid clawing Anomen. Her issues with him were at a verbal (and philosophical) level, only, and she had no desire to physically harm him. Or, for that matter, to get physical with him in any manner of speaking.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Neera looks back at Aerie, "I'm tougher than I look, trust me! Oops and I will make sure no one knocks you down again."

Neera gets back in her battle stance, ready to command the chaotic powers of wild magic if the need rises.
    OOC: Beware Evil! Lady Wildspells is on the job! :)
    Um, Jaheira is no longer a bear... she had to change to pass the musk oxen.

Alora finds the shield hard to use, but hits the thing anyway. Ajantis misses. Arkanis misses. Minsc misses. Jaheira hits with her club. Neera casts. Anomen edges Jaheira back.

The creature hits out at Anomen, but its claws goes wide.

Next round, Neera casts Magic Missile and throws the creature back. Alora goes to strike at the thing again, and her feet go out from under her, making her slide right into the icy water. Ajantis finishes the thing off, chopping off its head with a stroke of his sword.

Under the water, Alora can see the rest of the items the thing had on the riverbed beneath the ice. She sees rusted chainmail armor, a scabbard decorated with pretty gemstones and a dagger (in the scabbard).
    So long as she is not in danger getting hypothermia, Alora will hand her sword, shield, backpack and chicken hat to the others and then swim down and try to get the dagger and scabbard.
    Okay. The scabbard falls apart as soon as she touches it, but the gems remain- they are worth 150 gp in total. The dagger is also fine and when she pulls it free of the water, it looks nearly perfect- not rusted or dull in any way.
    Beyond the stream, you can see a ledge possibly leading down, and an entrance further on in the side of the valley.
    "I think I m-m-might have f-f-found a m-m-magic d-d-dagger!" says the diminutive would-be paladin through chattering teeth.
This discussion has been closed.