Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    "Maybe now would be a good time for a real wizard to step forward and cast a sleep spell," opines Alora as she tries to wipe the mud from her eyes.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    "Foolish Halfling," Jaheira cursed, sputtering mud from her nose and mouth. With any luck, they'd eat her, first, and give the rest a chance to get out of this alive.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

"Maybe now would be a good time for a real wizard to step forward and cast a sleep spell," opines Alora as she tries to wipe the mud from her eyes.

Taking Alora's advice, Aerie's hands began to dance as she chanted the words of Sleep.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Anomen, cursing, attempts to remove the mud from his eyes just enough so he can see something to attack with his spear the next round.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Arkanis steps forward and shields the blinded party members while he waits the attack of the lizard-folk.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    "If only I had taken that blindfighting elective back at paladin school," Ajantis laments as he attempts to blink away the mud. He raises his shield and will strike at anything that hits him.
    "Owww!!!! Who did that? I said cast Sleep not a fireball!"

Alora is very unhappy about being covered in mud and then set set on fire.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    The Muckdwellers were resting against a dead Ash tree. At the base of the tree is a statuette of a Lizard Man carved in wood. The statue is approximately 2 feet high, and looks to be worth 5gp.

There is an opening into the tree, which is completely hollow inside. Inside is 50gp in mixed coins, a broken gold necklace (worth 40gp), a coil of silver wire (w/30gp), and a thin, crumpled piece of copper sheet inscribed with the name 'Eli Sweetgrass' and the picture of a snake.
    "Somewhere Tymora is laughing, or perhaps Beshaba."
    Scraping mud from her eyes, as well as her beautiful hair, Jaheira growled, "The next time you do that, it will be your last." She didn't think highly of unnatural magery, and found the Neera to be bordering on the intolerable.
    Alora looks at the crumpled copper sheet. "I wonder who Eli Sweetgrass is? I'll keep this in case it is important."

She then looks around at the dismal swamp. "I don't think we should hang around here for too long. There might be all sorts of slimy things lurking here. Shall we get going."
    edited January 2016
    While Jaheira did not like the tone that Alora had used to refer to nature's amazing swamp creatures, she had more of a bone to pick with the Distressed Duo (also known as the Weakling Mages). "I do not coddle imbeciles," Jaheira insisted, all the while pulling strands of muck from her eyebrows and hair. "And I do not suffer fools. Perhaps, I should wildly swing this club between the two of your heads. Who knows? I may summon some of nature's might, and aid us all. Or I might do more damage than good."

Truth be told, she suspected that wild mages were more natural than other mages, but she was cross. And muddy. And irritable. Where was Khalid when she needed him? Probably in an inn, snuggled under warm blankets, after a wonderful day traipsing through the forest. Damn him! Regardless, she wasn't admitting anything that was contrary to her pronouncements, even if she happened to be wrong. After all, someone (from the women folk) needed to be strong.

OOC: I think bigger, louder and protective of weetch should speak up! When the going gets tough, someone hold my rodent!!! Or, even, Boo does not like your tone. Away with you. :smile:
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    OOC: I like where this is going. Also, I just remembered, do I know the two Chaos Shield spells for being a Wild Mage or was that a Baldur's Gate specific thing?

Neera stamps her staff in the ground, "Hey! It was because of me we defeated those monsters anyway! I mean, it wasn't the most clean way of doings but we're all safe nonetheless! If I could control my spells better I would!"

Neera thinks to herself that Jaheira is being unfair to her. She didn't randomly leave High Forest just to be lectured just like her former teachers.

"What the dwarf said," Ajantis nods toward Arkanis before continuing to scrub at the mud covering equipment and body.
    *calming a bit* Just.... be more careful with the use of magic. You might have killed these swamp folk this time, but next time you could kill us all instead.

Now which way to this blasted keep?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    "Right, right. I'll try."
    Neera sighs.
    /still has a slight crush on Anomen.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    The path you have been following ends in another area of grass. Here, you can pick out a path around the lake. Out in the lake, you can see a small peninsula capped by a stone building- perhaps a fortified manor house or fortalice.
    The answer is no. *before anyone asks a question*

We are not going over there and asking for directions. That's what the ranger and druid are for if they do their jobs properly.
    "That building is a blight on nature," Jaheira scoffed, for she was still cross with Neera and Aerie, to say nothing of the ring of endorsements they received over her. Of course, she knew she shouldn't bother with them, so she cast cure light wounds upon herself, and dusted off the drying mud from her shoulders.
    "I wasn't going to suggest we ask for directions but we could ask if we can stay there for a bit and rest. Everyone is a bit frazzled after the last fight so maybe they'd let us clean up and rest and get warm?"
This discussion has been closed.