Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    "Perhaps Minsc and Alora could scout the area first? If it's occupied by evil sorts we can then form a plan of attack, or decide to move on."
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    "Good plan. Okay. I'll go and ask them if they are evil. If they are we'll look for somewhere else to rest."

Alora heads off in the direction of the building.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    "This," Jaheira corrected, "is nature reclaiming what she wrought from this offensive, distasteful, and unwanted defilation." It was a lesson that, she hoped, the others would heed well. Buildings and people would come and pass, while nature would prove eternal - thankfully.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited January 2016
    "It is strange," Aerie muttered, mostly to herself, "to find a fortress in the middle of this wilderness. Especially occupied by people... Who would have built such a thing here, and to what purpose?"
    Ajantis attempts to detect evil on the grey figure.
    Ignoring the Helm acolyte/fanatic's strange gestures and gobbledygook, Jaheira explained things to Aerie. "It is an old tale. this," meaning the disgusting edifice. "Strange as it may seem, it is in the nature of men to oppose nature. They attempt to tame, to alter, and to exploit her at every turn, only to fall in the end. Had I the power, I would speed the destruction of this blight, but am content in the eventual return of all things to the balance."

Really not keen on Jaheira's doomsaying, even as a follower of Baevarn, Aerie frowned. Still, the heavy ache in her heart had to admit: there was truth in the druid's words. Memories once again played behind her eyes, of the men who'd stolen her from her home, caged her for the entertainment of others, and finally altered her in a way she could never recover from.

If this so-called "balance" really existed, it should have smited them for their evil deeds long before they'd strapped her to the table. Aerie didn't know what'd happened to them; without her wings, the slavers' circus no longer had a use for her, and upon meeting Quayle, she left their evil behind to join his troupe instead. For all she knew, the vile slavers were still profiting off of innocent people, just as successful as before. No karmic justice. No balance to tip the scale.

Any fiery words she might have conjured in mankind's defense soon died in her throat. Aerie solemnly stared back at the ground, empty of any desire to speak further.

OOC Post of the year award from Bri. Yellow stickie with a blue sticker star on it and everything!
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

OOC Post of the year award from Bri. Yellow stickie with a blue sticker star on it and everything!

OOC: *gasp!* I'm so honored! *puts the sticker on her shirt* I want to thank my parents, my friends, my boyfriend, for all they've done to encourage me...

*keeps going on an average award acceptance speech yatta-yatta*
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Alora gets closer, but the figure doesn't seem to notice her, and is soon hidden from view by the angle to the roof.
    Alora will creep round the building looking for a door or a window. She will stay close to the wall the minimise the chances of her being seen from above.
    Ajantis offers a prayer to Helm in hopes his patron will protect Alora from harm.
    Alora can't sneak around the building in that way, unless she wants to get wet... very wet.
    LadyRhian said:

Alora can't sneak around the building in that way, unless she wants to get wet... very wet.

New plan. Alora will approach the main door/gate and listen and see if she can detect any signs of life. She will then check to see if it is locked and try to open it.

Alora walks boldly up to the stockade door. As she does, she gets close enough to see the figure on the roof. It's a Dwarf, but not all there anymore. A shiver goes through Alora as she realizes that this is the spirit of a Dwarf who died long ago. Although it's a spirit rather than a body, it gives over the unnerving sensation of death and dead things. Alora feels her guts turning to water, but she is able to steel herself to keep going. For now at least.

The years of neglect and weather have taken a toll on this place. Yet, it seems that someone has been here recently- somebody with a grim mission- since two fresh, scaly hides hang limply from a hook near the door of the building.

The hides are recognizable as that of the same creatures that you and your companions recently slew in terrible and glorious comb... spell explosion. These ones look like they were slain with a sharp-bladed instrument.

The door to the place is fronted by a small flight of stairs, and everything about it looks dwarf-made to Alora.
    "Spirits should not remain in the natural world," Jaheira remarked, unpleased as she was by this lingering poltergeist. "Perhaps, some investigation is in order."
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    No... no... no...

no investigation needs to be done. Let the spirits rest where they may and if there is some hostile person or persons in the building, best we leave them alone as they know the terrain better than we do and we have no quarrel with them.

We do however need to return this potion to the druid back at the keep that we promised to investigate the strange goings on oh... I don't know, months ago, and we haven't even done that yet. And as much as I LOVVVEEE all your company, I suggest we do what we came here to do and go our separate ways. Surely you all have loved ones you miss that you want to get back to.

Frolicking around chasing dead dwarves isn't going to make us see them sooner.
    "Okay, so that's settled, we will go and see if we can make the Dwarf Ghost happy. And if we do he will probably want to give us some treasure as a reward or something. Follow me everybody!"

Alora heads back to the haunted building.
    Ajantis shrugs. "Since we are here, we may as well investigate."
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    *rolls eyes*
    "At least one of you has some sense," Jaheira remarked, although she didn't say which one.

"At least one of you has some sense," Jaheira remarked, although she didn't say which one.

"Thanks Jaheira. People don't always notice that about me so it means a lot when somebody does."
    Jaheira laughed aloud. "With them," meaning the Paladinials, "as the comparison, you have more sense than you know."
This discussion has been closed.