Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Alora leads the way inside. Arkanis is able to meet the dead Dwarf's gaze with impunity, but Anomen isn't so lucky. He finds his bowels turning to water, and is unable to meet the gaze of the dead Dwarf without wanting to turn tail and run.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Neera hugs Anomen and playfully says, "Hey! You're a holy warrior person, right? Isn't it your job to smite ghosties?"
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Noticing Anomen's change in mood, Aerie wordlessly pulled out her holy symbol to Baervan. The badger's eyes seemed to glint in the low light, as if the Wildwanderer were trying to cheer her up. Aerie lost all faith she had in the gods the day she'd lost her wings, until Quayle introduced her to his gnome patron. While her elven gods had failed her, Baervan would not.

So she kept telling herself as she gripped the symbol tighter.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    OOC: great! Getting squeezed while my bowels turn to water... that's going to end wonderfully.
    Meanwhile, Alora, walking up to the door, finds herself falling into a 5' deep pit. No damage, but now she's stuck.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Disgusted by Neera's choice in men, Jaheira followed Alora until the Halfling dropped out of sight. She raced forward, skidding to a stop as she reached the edge. Fortunately, it was a goblin-sized pit, and nothing to be overly frightened by.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    "I'm in a hole! Get me out! Get me out!"
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Minsc stands beside the hole.

Here Little Lady, hold my hand.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Ajantis rushes forward to help Minsc extricate Alora from the pit.
    With Minsc and Ajantis's help Alora will scramble out of the pit.

"Why would someone put a hole there? That's a silly place for a hole."

If she can get past the pit Alora will continue into the house checking for traps as she goes.
    "It is no more, or less, silly than any unnaturally conceived hole," Jaheira countered. "I would fill it in, myself, had I the power. Or the time." She did have the inclination, but rarely carried digging tools, as they were a waste of capacity in the wilds.

OOC: We fell silent...
    I have some New Monia. :P Not feeling well.
    Daijobou!
    Alora will listen at the door then wait for everyone to get into battle formation before opening it.
    Okay. Alora opens the door. Inside, she can see a short corridor, about 32' long, with a door 20' along on the northeast side. At the end of the corridor, the corridor turns to the south-west, with stairs leading upwards.
    "Have a care," Jaheira warned. "The last pit did you no lasting harm, but it could be nothing more than a warning." Anyone that decided to do her lasting harm would be repaid, in kind, by an angry bear, but they hadn't reached such a point... yet.
    "Shhh! Follow me" Alora will creep down the corridor to the door where she will listen and check for traps before attempting to open it.
    The unlocked, untrapped door opens on a 25' by 25' room. Dried fish, more dried fish and yet more dried fish! From floor to ceiling and from wall to wall, this room is crammed with wooden racks holding hundreds of fish and eels all neatly slit open and dried.
    OOC: I think it is fair to say Alora wasn't expecting that.

"It's full of dead fish? Why would anyone want a room full of dead fish?" wonders Alora (who doesn't regard fish as a possible source of food)."Maybe it's some kind of art installation?"
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Aerie covered her nose and mouth at the pungent smell. She'd never been a fan of the scaly sea-dwellers, let alone a whole room full of them.

"Someone must want them to eat," she guessed behind her hand. "But for so many..." Her voice trailed off, just as puzzled as Alora.
    "There's something fishy going on here," announces Alora "And I'm going to get to the bottom of it."

Alora heads down the corridor and up the stairs, checking for traps as she goes.
    Ajantis laughs heartily. He favors Anomen with a friendly elbow to the ribs. "Fishy! Ha! A good jest, yes?"
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I am just wondering when the druid is going to seek revenge for all their unneeded deaths. Amazed there isnt scaly apperations haunting our steps and asking for vengeance.
    "Another day, another dungeon."
This discussion has been closed.