Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    "We could just kill them while they are asleep," Edwin says cold-bloodedly. "That would neither leave them behind to trouble us nor leave them for someone else to deal with."

"Simians!" Edward said scornfully. "Must I solve every problem for them?"
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    "Oh Edwin, you are clever the way you say things you don't really mean just to make us really think about what would be the right thing to do," says Alora admiringly.
    Edwin sniffs dismissively.
    OOC: With all this arguing about what to do we are probably making more noise than the hobgoblins.
    OOC: Depends on how loud you are being! :)
    Anyone else want to share an opinion? Speak now or forever hold your peace...
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    whispering: "Cast your spell, we'll figure out what to do with them after they are all down."
    Okay. Aerie and Alora slip into the room. The Hobgoblins do not notice you. Aerie casts. As she begins to cast Sleep, the Hobgoblins begin to notice you. However, it's too late. By the time they get their stuff together, they are already falling into a deep, deep slumber.

This 50' by 40' room holds six beds. Musty, ragged blankets lie on the beds. Six footlockers rest at the foot of the beds. The Hobgoblins lie where they fell, some half-on, half-off the bed, others on the floor.
    Alora will use the Hobgoblins' blankets to tie them to their beds and then will check for traps before attempting to open each of the footlockers. She will also search each of the Hobgoblins.

"I think we should leave it to the people of Haven to decide what to do with them," says Alora.
    All right. Alora ties the Hobgoblins to the bed with strips of blanket. None of the footlockers are locked or trapped, but they are all empty- they appear to have already been looted. Edwin moves around "Checking" on the Hobgoblins. Then, he walks away with a cold smile on his face.

This room has another door diagonally across from where you came in.
    Alora will listen at the door and check for traps before opening it.
    No traps she can find, not locked. The door opens out on to the corridor near the top of the stairs you saw earlier. In the southern direction, you see the door to which you entered the shrine earlier. Earlier, you passed another corridor to the north, so if you want to.
    There is also a corridor to the south further on that you bypassed.
    We'll try the corridor to the South.
    Okay. You bypass the corridor to the north and take the southern corridor. After 20', there is a door to the south 10' ahead.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    "any idea what those hobgoblins were fighting over girl?"
    deltago said:

"any idea what those hobgoblins were fighting over girl?"

"Probably they were arguing about who took all the treasure from their footlockers. I'd be pretty annoyed if I came back to my room and found all my treasure was gone."

Alora will check for traps and listen before opening the door to the south.
    The door to the south is not locked, and she finds no traps. The corridor continues down 20' of stairs and continues on beyond. 40' beyond the door is more stairs down and other door, this time to the left (east).
    Alora will follow the usual procedure at the next door.
    The door is not locked, and she doesn't find any traps. When she opens the door, she sees five double bunk beds. At the foot of each bed are two footlockers. On the east wall, near one of the beds, a message has been scratched into the wa;; The letters of the message are too small for you to read at this distance.
    OOC: This sounds like a trap so Alora will walk into it . . .

Alora will walk over to see if she can make out what is written on the wall.
    The words on the wall appear to have been scratched into them with a dagger point. They read "Beware of Travis".
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Arkanis peeks over Alora's shoulder.
    "Who is this Travis?"
    "I don't know, but I think we should beware of him if we meet him." Alora then proceeds to check the footlockers for traps and then attempt to open each of them.
    The footlockers show signs of having been searched. They were closed, but everything inside is thrown around and has been rummaged through. There appears to be nothing valuable left inside.
    "I think Travis might have got here before us. There's nothing worth stealing," says Alora miserably. She will leave the room and continue down the corridor.
    20' down stairs and 10' more and there is a door to the right (west).
    Alora will do her usual thing before opening the door.
    No locks, no traps she can find. Inside this 30' long, 20' wide room are statues of guards standing at attention. On the floor is the corpse of a man dressed as a guard captain lies on the floor. Along the walls of the room are empty racks that might once have held weapons.
    Alora will check around the room to make sure no one is lurking behind the statues. She will then approach the guard captain and see if she can tell how he died (she will also search him). She will then check for secret doors.
This discussion has been closed.