Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    OOC: Ok, so here's the deal. if Jaheira didn't swim across, and Anomen didn't make it to the other side, he treads water in the spot while I watch the halfling be yanked back over my head. He mutters some profanity, then swims back to the shore where the party is and warms himself by the fire.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    OOC: Well, if it didn't happen it was still pretty epic when Jaheira went all beast claws on the zombies. Also, it was quite heroic when Shirtless Anomen pretended to be a cast member from Baywatch. "Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...." :)
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    LadyRhian said:

Aerie completely heals Alora. Alora wakes up to see Jaheira-bear fighting the zombies.

"Hurrah! Jaheira's a bear!"

Alora is very happy. She finally got to see it.

kcwise said:

OOC: Well, if it didn't happen it was still pretty epic when Jaheira went all beast claws on the zombies. Also, it was quite heroic when Shirtless Anomen pretended to be a cast member from Baywatch. "Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...." :)

OOC: Anomen has become the Hoff. It didn't expect that at the start of the adventure.

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited October 2015
    "Cut the corpses down!" Arkanis chops the zombies with his axe.
    Post edited by lolien on
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Arkanis Chops the zombie in half. You all wait for another zombie, but nothing happens. After ten minutes, no more zombies emerge. Everyone gets 9 exp.
    "Foul undead! Return to the grave!" Ajantis swings at the zombie too.
    Alora stares intently at Jaheira the Bear while she warms herself by the camp fire. This has made the whole expedition worthwhile in Alora's eyes. She can't see how it can get any better than this.

Once everyone is warm and dry I think the only option left is to take a long detour to the south and west before going back to the north again. She will then take the branch to the east that we haven't tried yet.
    Okay, you head West and south to find yourself in a strangely shaped cavern with an eastern protrusion that glows with a dim bluish light. The cavern is about 80' across at its widest point (east-west) and 60' north-south. The eastern protrusion could be a cavern in its own right, being bag shaped (Dice Bag) with the entrance being more or less straight , the rounded edge of the bag pointing to the west a bit.

It's also occupied. Seven orcs attack, having seen your lights coming. Anomen is charged by one orc, who hits him for 6. Alora, exploring in the lead, takes 8 and goes down… again. Arkanis takes 12 from a big, mean-looking orc who stabs him right in the stomach. Anomen snaps back and slays the orc who hit him with a single blow (mace or spear- it doesn't matter. Arkanis sweeps out his axe and beheads the orc who gut stabbed him, putting an end to its life in a fountain of foul, orcish blood. Jaheira misses. Minsc deals a light blow which utterly slays another orc. Ajantis takes down a fourth.

And a pause here for the spell casters (Aerie and Neera) to do what they want...
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    OOC: Aerie already used her Sleep, so she's going to try healing Alora...again.
    Okay. Now just waiting on @Vallmyr and Neera...
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    OOC: When he isn't wearing any armour, Anomen will always use his shield and mace first to offer some protection. The only time he will use his spear is if he has meat shields in front of him.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited August 2015
    OOC: Sorry for late reply, derp. Anyway

If there's one attacking one of our more squishy friends then Neera will cast Blindness on that particular orc. If it's the fighters taking the brunt of the attack she'll ready her staff and swing it any that come close.
    @Vallmyr is she using Nahal's Reckless Dweomer to do this?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2015
    OOC I will try to protect Alora unless I see any threat to Aerie.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    OOC: I believe I have a normal blindness prepared. If I'm mistaken then yes.
    "By holy Helm I shall kill every last one of your evil race!" Ajantis roars at the remaining orcs, attacking the nearest.
    OOC: Hm? Neera I thought I typed that Neera knew Blindness, Magic Missile, and Nahal's Reckless Dweomer?

Oh, looked back. My initial thing was Magic Missile and Blindness but then saw I had to have Nahal's so dropped blindness. DERP. My bad! I goofed. Well. Now I have a stone arm XD

"Uhhh, I don't think this is how I planned things to go. . ."

Neera will now use her stone arm to smack any orcs that come near.
    Aerie heals Alora for 5. Neera turns herself into smelly stone hand.

The party wins initiative. Anomen misses so badly that he falls and knocks his head on the floor, stunning himself for 3 rounds. Arkanis kills another orc, leaving 2 left. Jaheira misses. Minsc misses. Neera punches an orc's face into oatmeal, exploding its head (12 points damage!), Ajantis kills the last orc with a single blow before it can turn to run.

Everyone gets 12 exp. Searching the bodies yields 28 gp.
    The stone hand persists for 20 minutes, as does Neera's unfortunate B.O. problem….

From here, the party can go west as the glowing passage east is a dead end. Or they can return back north.
    @Deltago Pretty far from here. You'd need to backtrack through half the dungeon to get back there. Or, you know, wait for nightfall and enter the (na na na na na na na na) BATCAVE!
    Neera actually feels slightly bad after that comment.

"Oh, I'm sorry Anomen! It's not intentional, really! Sometimes my spells just do this. It's just how my magic works."
    "A most impressive display, Neera. Chaos seems to suit you."
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    deltago said:

OOC: Time for the douche bag comment of the game people:

*clearly agitated*

That wretched smell put me in a daze. I couldn't think straight after you casted that spell. Definitely lost my concentration. If you are going to be reckless with your magic perhaps do it away from those attempting to help the group.

"There's no need to be so hard on her, Anomen," Aerie scolded him between a cough. "Her magic was of great help to us in that battle, despite its..."

She paused as a wrinkle creased her nose, and she waved her hand in front of her face as if to clear the air.

"Smelly consequences..." she finished, rather sheepishly.
This discussion has been closed.