Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• alastair93alastair93 Member Posts: 117
    Not sure if mentioned yet ...but ...

The new character sprite outlines are awesome and make the game look much better, and more modern.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    I don't like mods at all for any game. Dunno how unpopular that is rofl but still, cant do it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Neither do I. I'm willing to try some new ones, though, especially cool GUI ones that may show in the next few weeks. :)

Me too, the times I looked into them they weren't too interesting to me and I was worried about dealing with bugs and problems.

Heres another maybe rofl, I can see this being more popular: Ive always wanted Yoshimo to at least try and stop Irenicus during certain times or at least not die lol. Hes like the only good thief and I feel had more potential. It was however neat they killed off an npc.

More unpopular opinion, I don't mind if they kill off npc's but then they need more replacements lol.

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    marzbarz said:

I don't like mods at all for any game. Dunno how unpopular that is rofl but still, cant do it.

I like gameplay mods, like Tweaks and SCS.

But I rarely find content mods that appeal to me, especially NPCs mod. They never seem to really fit into the game. The only exception so far are the Unfinished Business mods.

I also don't like mods that change the balance too much. I don't mind the SCS tweaks, but usually I want the game to stick to D&D rules as much as possible.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    I mostly care for mods that fix stuff.
    Like the mandatory Circle of Eight mod for Temple of Elemental Evil.
    Or the unofficial patch for Vampire the Masquerade.
    Or Fallout or Elder Scrolls etc.

Usually these mods restore unfinished or deleted content which I also like.

Other mods I use would be for functionality or cosmetic reasons.
    If a kind of armor is hideous or the AI is garbage, I will install mods for them.

Actually, the first thing I do for old school RPGs, is look up on unofficial patches that fix or restore stuff, after installing the games and before playing them.

But very rarely would I install something that changes the game too much.
    If I have finished the game, I might consider such mods for another playthrough but I usually play different characters and then move on to the next game.

The only exception is for games like Neverwinter Nights 1 + 2, which are separate adventures or campaigns altogether instead of changing the main one.
    I don't like cookies...
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    Boo stole my sweetroll... We need to come to terms with the fact that he's a low-down thief! We can't stay blind forever!
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I would've bought the collector's edition for SoD if it had been released under 1.3.

Now that ought to be a real unpopular opinion!
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,979
    An popular opinion?

Dragonking has returned and everyone is happy bout it.
  • znancekivellznancekivell Member Posts: 58
    I like Half-Orcs, for both mechanical and story reasons.

I dislike Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes for story reasons. I've never even bothered to play one.

I typically play Human characters, with no dual classes.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

Skatan said:

Saemon Havarian is one of the greatest characters in a game ever.

I've never seen any player actually detest Saemon. Excluding CHARNAME's angry lines, I'm fairly certain 100% of us real people praises the writing and voice over.
    I hate Saemon Havarian.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited April 2016

Skatan said:

Saemon Havarian is one of the greatest characters in a game ever.

I've never seen any player actually detest Saemon. Excluding CHARNAME's angry lines, I'm fairly certain 100% of us real people praises the writing and voice over.
    I've actually seen many, but I don't think I can easily find them and link them here. But yeah, what you write is my what I feel as well, that even if my charname hates Saemon, I usually giggle with joy everytime I encounter him.

Edit: grammatics.
    Post edited by Skatan on
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    BillyYank said:

A hotdog is a sandwich.

Herecy! Burn him, burn him at the cross! Off with his head!
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Ok here's a real unpopular opinion:

I've played every major edition of D&D and I think 4e is the best of all of them. >:)

(granted, I don't like D&D very much as PnP system. Fate is much, much, much better in every way.)
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,043
    I tend to dislike powerful magic weapons (although I do use them) and I wish the game made do with maximum +3 weapons. I would prefer to see more fine and exceptional non-magical weapons from levels 1-10.

I also wish magic items - except for potions and scrolls - were much rarer and thus more appreciated.
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    Nihilus said:

Not sure if this is actually an unpopular opinion, but I realized I dislike having to use halberds. I don't think halberd is an adventurer's weapon. Perhaps using some super halberd against some super enemy (such as a dragon) in one particular incident makes sense, but I find the idea of weary travelers running around in the wilderness with halberds in their hands ridiculous. Imagine Aragorn or Boromir carrying a halberd in the Fellowship of the Ring. Ugh.

It's more like liking halberds is an unpopular idea.