Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Halberds are for peasants.
  • znancekivellznancekivell Member Posts: 58

* The Siege of Dragonspear UI should be reskinned for the other EEs and replace the old UIs outright. The more legible fonts and cleaner design with rectangular buttons are a massive improvement.

I'll second that!
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    assassination of neutrals via cursed scroll of summon monster is something i do, albeit heavy-heartedly, and i would like it to be disabled.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    marzbarz said:

I think the shapechange to slayer form should have even been involved more in discussions. Like someone makes you rage-mad with a comment and an option that you click that to give into the slayer, ending the conversation or just killing the guy and your slayers not under control for a bit like the fist time you change :D

Example is during Irenicus fights where you have access to it. I think they should have put more focus onto trying to control it past that beginning where you just get it.

I like how you ended that post. I would have made it a joke about this forum and made people sad. ... aww damnit
  • Woolie_WoolWoolie_Wool Member Posts: 153
    bengoshi said:

With SoD, it's hard to define what is an unpopular opinion and what is not.

Unpopular opinion: Sometimes the fact that I think SoD is good seems to be an unpopular opinion.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320

illathid said:

Ok here's a real unpopular opinion:

I've played every major edition of D&D and I think 4e is the best of all of them. >:)

Interesting... @illathid seems to be unwittingly suffering from the effects of a confusion spell.

*casts dispel magic.

*fails caster check

Crap!

You should have cast chaotic commands on yourself before you played 4e. It would have helped.

I guess you will just have to wait until the effect wears off.

...or you get eaten by that 4e umber hulk. It may be grim and painful, but trust me, it's a much better fate than *shudder* not absolutely loathing 4e. ;)
    Nah, all D&D is rules heavy and pretty crappy IMHO. With 4e they at least tried making it balanced. I played way too many characters in other editions where I would either carry the party by myself or otherwise be a 3rd wheel depending on what class I picked.

Seriously though, check out FATE. It can do everything you want in D&D but the rules can be easily grasped in 30 minutes.
    edited April 2016

I like Garrick. There. I said it.

Ah. A man of good taste. You should see my "Garrick is actually a genius" posts.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @booinyoureyes
    That's from the bg1npc project, right?

@booinyoureyes
    That's from the bg1npc project, right?

I wish! I wrote most on a different thread awhile back based off selection sounds (though I added the Elminster song for this post :))
  • Dradeel_rulesDradeel_rules Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2016
    Skatan said:

OK, I'm, gonna try one out here.. not sure if it's unpopular or not, but I think it is:

BG2 is at its best when you're NOT forwarding the main story. Personally, I've actually never been a huge fan of the whole Bhaal-spawn story and much prefer to just wander the sword coast as a regular adventurer. It's quite often I create chars and clean out all quests only to drop of and restart it again before moving on to Spellhold.

I second that.

And also I prefer standard traveling between areas(like in BG1), and not just quest area to quest area.
    Finding good quests is much better then them being served.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

@Southpaw
    "Music has charms to soothe the savage breast. ...oh, hi there Shar-Teel :)"

That is bloody hilarious. Sad that it does not actually happen in-game like this. Does it?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Trolls just don't work in IE, and the best solution is probably to just remove them from the game